Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Information on building your Class

Good Information on building your Class

Courtesy of [GM] Viral from the EU Cabal here. I'm unsure why this never was pasted over here until now:
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM]Viral View Post
    I have seen multiple questions ever since the Rising Force update, concerning stats and how to figure out what the best allocation of STR, INT and DEX for each class would be. Before the update things were simple, just add points to your main stat, while using just enough to equip whatever gear you required for the secondary stats.

So let's get into the finer details then! I realise of course that many people won't find this information interesting, so if you are bored by numbers abandon the thread ;-) Someone out there will do the work for you, never fear.

***IMPORTANT: There is currently an issue with the HP formula. We are aware of this, and it has been reported.****

So how does this work? The first table for each class is simple. It shows which stats have an impact, so if you consider Warrior and Attack, you will see:

• STR: 1
    • DEX: 0
    • INT: 0
    • CODE: 1

This means that for a Warrior, only the STR stat counts towards Attack (DEX and INT have no impact).

"Code 1" refers to the code in the second set of tables (found near the bottom of this post). So "Code 1" would be the "Attack - Warrior" table.

In the code tables you see two more pieces of information. First is the "Penalty Line" value, and the second is the "Increase Rate" value. In our example the Penalty Line has a value of 0, with a corresponding Increase Rate of 1, and a Penalty Line of 1000 with a corresponding Increase Rate of 0.5

This means that for every 1 point of STR (up to 1000) a Warrior will receive 1 Attack, while for every 1 point of STR above 1000 a Warrior will receive only 0.5 Attack - so to increase the Attack by 1 you need 2 points of STR once you go above 1000.

With me so far?

Essentially the stats are capped at specific points, after which they become less effective (a diminishing return).

Also of interest is the fact Defence is completely gear based. No stat point distribution will increase your character Defence in any way, only gear does that.

Onwards, to the data!

Firstly the general stats for each class (These are all images, since the forum's built-in table function is not particularly good):

The code section, to refer to when looking up the exact formula and cut-off point for each stat.

Some more information:

Evasion calculation

• Evasion 100 = Evasion Rate 1%

Penetration

• Reduces the Evasion of target
    • EX) if the target has Evasion of 100 and I have Penetration of 100, the result will be calculated as if there is 0 Evasion on the target

Damage Reduce

• Simply subtracts the damage value from the pre-calculated damage implicated – this is the last thing considered on calculating damage values.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-01-2014 at 08:33 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    It was pasted over here before got lost in the millions of threads

ye and ppl still build their chars wrong too

Oki guys. I made a spreadsheet for everyone because I wanted to and I love spreadsheets and number crunching:

Class Stat Distribution - Rank Ups not included

Tabs for each class are on the bottom.

It's pretty self explanatory. I started each class at their base minimum rank up requirements after lvl 100 to reduce the number of rows and no one's gonna have less than those stats anyways.

I don't have all the newer rank up stats so I can't add those in. Otherwise I'd add them on the side to show the additional stats gained for each rank up.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-19-2014 at 01:55 PM.

My FB Guide

Shadow Titanium
    Question, so penetration doesn't affect damage output? and what is "Simply subtracts the damage value from the pre-calculated damage implicated – this is the last thing considered on calculating damage values" mean? an example would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    Question, so penetration doesn't affect damage output? and what is "Simply subtracts the damage value from the pre-calculated damage implicated – this is the last thing considered on calculating damage values" mean? an example would be nice.
    Penetration does, and it's different per a class.

As for damage reduce, it literally is the last calculation. Lets say my assassinate skill does 3000 damage on you, but you have 300 Dmg rdc. It'll only do 2700 instead. After all amp, cd, penetration, etc calculations are done, damage reduce is literally the amount it reduces.

My FB Guide

Shadow Titanium
    Is it before or after CD multiply?
    So 1 damage reduce, decrease the damage output (yellow damage) by 1 ? That is OP
    Last edited by providen1990; 01-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.

after. It doesn't matter if they crit or not. You'll block X damage. X = your damage reduce.

My FB Guide

Though, out of war Damage Reduce is only 1/5 as effective. Try on your favorite FB -- hit them, then have them use ice blade, you'll deal exactly 20 damage less.

Shadow Titanium
    So damage reduce only good when your opponent does not hit hard which mean it is no good for WI? I mean what good does it have if someone crit you 4-5k and you reduce it by 100... This stat is like the opposite of add damage lol.
    How does penetration work exactly?
    Does anyone know if they still add like 400 def after you reach a def threshold (before was 1200def) in NW ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast