Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katana vs Blade

Katana vs Blade

I know in the past it was debatable on whether it was better to use a forcium katana or a blade. The blade had a couple more attack, however the katana was a lot easier to stat for. Because of that in the past I always stuck with a katana. However after recently coming back I noticed that a +15 forcium blade has a whole 18 more attack than a katana. Also with a str build being actually good now it seems like there's no reason to use a forcium katana on an FB. Is that true or is there still some sort of a benefit that makes katanas worth sticking with?

Katana has more attack rate. o.o I don't know the exact number but I'm pretty sure it's fairly significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Katana has more attack rate. o.o I don't know the exact number but I'm pretty sure it's fairly significant.
    It has 87 more attack rate. Considering that I have over 4200 attack rate, would that really be much of a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    It has 87 more attack rate. Considering that I have over 4200 attack rate, would that really be much of a loss?
    Well, personally, I prefer to run at least 5k attack rate, preferably 6k.

How would you even get it that high? I have a +15 forcium katana and +15 sig crystal, and I'm not even close to 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    How would you even get it that high? I have a +15 forcium katana and +15 sig crystal, and I'm not even close to 5k.
    Let me guess.... str FB?

Depend on what u prefer, pvp(TG) or PVE. I'm a PVE FB and I get enough str, int for FC Katana + FC Cry. Personally I prefer this combination rather than FC Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Let me guess.... str FB?
    I switched to str after I came back, and I haven't missed dex at all. The amount of damage reduction I gained was incredible making everything a lot easier. I also didn't notice any drop in my dps at all. So it still doesn't seem to me like that attack rate loss will matter.

blade is superior but your attack rate is still kinda low. as a warrior I've actually changed my build to incorporate more attack rate. you can try what I tried, removing defensive sense mastery for eyes of mind. u gain like 1k attack rate for 49 def. p good

Quote Originally Posted by NiteFalcon View Post
    blade is superior but your attack rate is still kinda low. as a warrior I've actually changed my build to incorporate more attack rate. you can try what I tried, removing defensive sense mastery for eyes of mind. u gain like 1k attack rate for 49 def. p good
    Just 49 def? That sounds like a pretty good tradeoff actually. I'll look into it, thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast