Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: New Idea to get saints weapon and AT drops

Osmium

New Idea to get saints weapon and AT drops

I'd like to suggest a new way on how we can get Saints weapon and AT drops which is that the winning nation is allowed to roll dice for every drop and whoever gets the highest roll takes the item instead of just making it a space spam marathon (not all of us got a high ping).

Edit :Roll for items not cores (box8, bp,saints forcecalibur,...etc)
    Last edited by alhifnawy3; 03-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhifnawy3 View Post
    I'd like to suggest a new way on how we can get Saints weapon and AT drops which is that the winning nation is allowed to roll dice for every drop and whoever gets the highest roll takes the item instead of just making it a space spam marathon (not all of us got a high ping).
    +1

This has been needed for a long time. There are alot of players that use macro keys to spam space. It's faster than anything else you can do. I set my mouse wheel + shift as loot and it's no where near as fast as macros, which is how those people that get 10+ items during those drop events while 100 ppl get nothing.

AT however....well...there might be too many for that, and only roll for items. Cores no rolls.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

I dont agree with the dice rolls, that would take way to long. It should be Dps of which ever nation gets the drops, and people should only be allowed to loot if they inflicted at least 1% to 5% of the DMG. Both at saints and golem the people attacking have a disadvantage compared to the people who ride around on their bikes and spam space bar.

Osmium
    No it won't take too long, just like when a ring drops it gives u 10secs to roll and highest roll takes it and I don't think 10secs is way too long and what u r suggesting already exists

arcane golem, 50 items drop, 50 x 10 seconds = 500 seconds = 8.3 minutes

little golems, about 5 to 10 items when they decided to drop, 50seconds to 100 seconds.

thats way to long, now saints i have no clue on how many drops there are cause there are way to many people there every time to even try counting or even averaging
    Last edited by Killer255; 03-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Osmium
    Yeah val suggested a better idea..roll for items not cores

I get 10+ items at drop events and I don't use macros -- just mouse wheel. Ping and dropped packets matter way more. Ping you can measure, so you get an idea for how you compete in that way. But there is no way to know what percentage of the UDP datagrams are getting dropped in one of the dozens of hops to get to the server and back. Obviously being geographically close to the server is beneficial in both cases.

I think blaming it on macros is not a good argument for requiring a new system. The solution to that is catch people using macros, whereas the solution to the problem of network latency could involve a different method of distributing drops.

good idea, a lot more fair!