Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new server?

new server?

i do realize that this subject has been suggested before, and has been met with very harsh criticism from people who do not wish to start over. But with the upcoming steam plug, I think a new server should be added. Day 1 fresh starts for everyone who wants it, no gear from other chars, no alz, no transfers, no nothing. Its the only way a day 1 newb can possibly stand toe to toe with a veteran. Its not just difficult to catch up, its impossible with all the event gear in circulation.

The game is nothing BUT veterans anymore, theres no low level grinding, dungeoning, partying like their used to be. Theres no other REAL players at low levels, no multiplayer incentive. And the only way to fix that issue is to wipe the slate clean. Nobody is going to play long enough to catch up gear or level wise if theres no fun in the middle.
    Last edited by Nuttzeh; 12-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    So, just because you have to start over, everyone has to start over. Why not just play a new game?

Seireitei for the win!

who said everyone? you guys can still have your server, nobody would force you to switch, Cabal had 2 servers before.

But the majority of newer players wont stick if they start off years behind everyone else.

Shadow Titanium
    Now you're not making sense...

Seireitei for the win!

ill paint you a picture, when i shouldnt really have to. Where we had mercury and venus before, and now we have just 1, titan. Just add a new server. Characters created on this server could not interact with ones on titan and vise versa. Same as mercury and venus before (before server transfers).

that way new players are playing with new characters, instead of 180+ people.

Shadow Titanium
    And server will die because there's no economy, and bots will run free because no one will spot them for the GMs.

Seireitei for the win!

how would the economy suffer? nobody would force you hoity toity people into the new server, only those who chose that server. the economy of that one would have no bearing on yours

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttzeh View Post
    how would the economy suffer? nobody would force you hoity toity people into the new server, only those who chose that server. the economy of that one would have no bearing on yours
    So loosing players that jump ship to the new one won't effect the economy ? Brb loling
    Kinda funny you get "caught cheating" and now you want your life to be easy so you don't have to play catch up
    it up buttercup
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

funny how quick people are to attack that issue, my reasons are not everyones. And unlike most I owned up to my mistake, i didnt flood the forums whining about it.

But try it yourself, start a new account. Forbid yourself from using any gear, or alz, or any connections (or even talking to former acquaintances) from your previous account and see how long you stick with it. This is the same scenario any new players will face.

and you are acting like anyone would be forced to migrate, the people who want to stay can. And the majority of people who would opt for this server for most reasons are ones who arent that involved in the existing one.
    Last edited by Nuttzeh; 12-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    So loosing players that jump ship to the new one won't effect the economy ? Brb loling
    Kinda funny you get "caught cheating" and now you want your life to be easy so you don't have to play catch up
    it up buttercup
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast