Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Carnival Bonus & "Sale"

  1. #21
    SIGMetal Enso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by xFear View Post
    they should make like an "active point shop" like depends how active,how many dgs u run u get points to buy stuffs,like fury potions,more dg keys or something...
    they just want ppl to spend usd on item shop lol its pretty simple.
    It's tied to BB+, but T-Points is like that. Though easily exploited. o.o

  2. #22
    Drei Valdoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guild: Seireitei
    Posts
    3,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    It's tied to BB+, but T-Points is like that. Though easily exploited. o.o
    I wish they'd expand/ alter the T-point shop to include the Premium DX's instead of normal DXs. As well as adding some of the newer dungeon reliant potions and odd circles and such. Stuff we can actually benefit from instead of 90% of the stuff tpoints has currently.

    It only makes sense to have items that you can use often bought from points earned from play-time.

    This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com

  3. #23
    Man, have you ever gone to a store where they have a special sale on an item and let you buy an unlimited amount? No, they always have a limit. Does no one have common sense anymore? Lmfao

  4. #24
    SIGMetal Enso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I wish they'd expand/ alter the T-point shop to include the Premium DX's instead of normal DXs. As well as adding some of the newer dungeon reliant potions and odd circles and such. Stuff we can actually benefit from instead of 90% of the stuff tpoints has currently.

    It only makes sense to have items that you can use often bought from points earned from play-time.
    Agreed. The most benefit I've been able to squeeze out of T-Points is frontier stones for events and Plates of Glory for Honor Rank 0 - 11. Those applications are few and far between.

  5. #25
    Lead Game Master [GM] Lorkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
    Not a complete truth sir. You do the math if you will, but 1 ecoin = 0.01Cent which multiplied if you will by 1000 = $10, now bear with me if you will further... $10 x let's be gracious and say 5000 users or maybe a little more then starts to = $50000 USD....That sir turns a profit margin. But either way you agreed with my point... setting a limit prevents an in-game market collapse of dungeon entries as well as prevents profit loss due to selling so many entries at such a discounted price.
    I don't think you understand what you mean. Most companies who does a sale does not go below their actual production value.

    Example:

    Hamburger Price: $3

    Production Price -
    Burger: $1
    Buns: $.25
    Condiments: $.10
    Vegetables: $.25
    Labor: $.25

    Total Cost: $1.85

    You sell your burgers below the actual production price, you start losing money. If, you really want to get into a business stand point. The only reason to lower the price of your hamburgers is when you can make a profit somewhere else. Like on your fries, drinks, and whatever.

    Welcome to Lorkan's Business 101 Class.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    I don't think you understand what you mean. Most companies who does a sale does not go below their actual production value.

    Example:

    Hamburger Price: $3

    Production Price -
    Burger: $1
    Buns: $.25
    Condiments: $.10
    Vegetables: $.25
    Labor: $.25

    Total Cost: $1.85

    You sell your burgers below the actual production price, you start losing money. If, you really want to get into a business stand point. The only reason to lower the price of your hamburgers is when you can make a profit somewhere else. Like on your fries, drinks, and whatever.

    Welcome to Lorkan's Business 101 Class.
    The example doesn't correlate to Cabal seeing as the created "merchandise" is virtual. Therefore the production cost is $0 so no matter how low you drop the price, it will never drop below production price. You still turn a massive profit margin when dealing with virtual items in a "free to play" game setting that has an in game cash shop. It really doesn't matter, the point is still the same.... if it were unlimited, what would the need for AH dungeon entries be? Players would lose the profit they would otherwise gain from these potential sales, essentially harming the players that prefer not to spend ton's of real money. Henceforth, altering the in-game economy in a negative fashion.

  7. #27
    Drei Valdoroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guild: Seireitei
    Posts
    3,798
    Well, "Production" costs would be the cost of maintaining the servers I guess.

    This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: valdorothkai@gmail.com

  8. #28
    Wrong. the product cost for a virtual item is from the server resources being used. Hosting a server ain't free. More items = bigger database, more players running dungeons and using up resources from the servers.


    aaaaaaaaaaand Val beat me to it. lol
    Last edited by Abi; 03-11-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Val typed faster T_T

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    I don't think you understand what you mean. Most companies who does a sale does not go below their actual production value.

    Example:

    Hamburger Price: $3

    Production Price -
    Burger: $1
    Buns: $.25
    Condiments: $.10
    Vegetables: $.25
    Labor: $.25

    Total Cost: $1.85

    You sell your burgers below the actual production price, you start losing money. If, you really want to get into a business stand point. The only reason to lower the price of your hamburgers is when you can make a profit somewhere else. Like on your fries, drinks, and whatever.

    Welcome to Lorkan's Business 101 Class.

    Buy me a cheeseburger


  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Wrong. the product cost for a virtual item is from the server resources being used. Hosting a server ain't free. More items = bigger database, more players running dungeons and using up resources from the servers.


    aaaaaaaaaaand Val beat me to it. lol
    Obviously, but that's the purpose of Cash Shop in general, we were discussing one specific section(Dungeon Entries) And if you truly think about it.. ESTSoft Corp was valued at $82Million in total Equity and Liabilities and earned $27Million in sales as of Q4 2013... Then you add that current employment statistics state they currently have 370 Employees..whereas the current NA hub hosts 11-50 employees... This company profits off of very little man power.. Need I say more? And I believe ESTSoft is associated with some pretty notable awards for their services. Don't get me wrong, like EST and it's associates for all that they provide for the community(Cabal), but they aren't doing anything for consumer benefit. Like I said, it is a virtual world whereas the services don't provide any real life purpose other than relaxation and fun.

    http://www.estsoft.com/financial-information
    http://www.estsoft.com/overview
    http://www.linkedin.com/company/estsoft-inc.

    Not trying to say that they don't do things to please the consumer, I just don't buy that they get nothing from it.
    Last edited by Addiction; 03-12-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •