Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of all the lag?

Tired of all the lag?

Here's what we should do if you guys are sick and tired of this lag. Everyone should stop buying ecoins, basically boycott ESTsoft until they actually listen to us and do something about the server lag. Especially now with all the EU players comming to play, it will only get worse.

So here's an idea, no one buy ecoins for as long as it takes for them to upgrade the server to handle the higher amount of players, and increase the stability. Since they don't listen to us unless it involves money, this is probably the most effective way for us players to get EST to listen to us.

What say you, cabal community? Are you sick and tired of this lag? Your client disconnecting because of lag when you're in the middle of the dungeon or in the middle of war? I know I'm sick of it.

Good job boycott ecoins and they wont get money to support the server. Then we all wont have server to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

The way the server is going, it won't have a player base to support them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by NationWarBlows View Post
    The way the server is going, it won't have a player base to support them anyways.
    Weren't you... JUST... complaining about increasing population?

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Weren't you... JUST... complaining about increasing population?
    Did you not read my post? I'm all for an increased player base. But if an increased player base just means more lag and disconnects, that player base will shrink back down. WHAT I'M SAYING IS with the increased population they need to seriously work on the server stability.

Did you not read my post? I'm all for an increased player base. But if an increased player base just means more lag and disconnects, that player base will shrink back down. WHAT I'M SAYING IS with the increased population they need to seriously work on the server stability.
    Where is your evidence for that? Out of everyone I've seen quit, "because the server is laggy" has never been the reason. Perhaps there is a host of people quitting for that reason I am missing, however.

Also, I think you underestimate what it takes to run a game server. Cabal is a very old game and it's very likely they cannot distribute the load across many physical servers, and upgrading a central server gets *very* expensive at a certain point. How do we know neither of these is the case? We don't. Unless you are privy to the internal details of Cabal's server implementation.

Here's what we should do if you guys are sick and tired of this lag. Everyone should stop buying ecoins, basically boycott ESTsoft until they actually listen to us and do something about the server lag. Especially now with all the EU players comming to play, it will only get worse.

So here's an idea, no one buy ecoins for as long as it takes for them to upgrade the server to handle the higher amount of players, and increase the stability. Since they don't listen to us unless it involves money, this is probably the most effective way for us players to get EST to listen to us.

What say you, cabal community? Are you sick and tired of this lag? Your client disconnecting because of lag when you're in the middle of the dungeon or in the middle of war? I know I'm sick of it.
    Maybe your comp / net just blows
    Only lag I see is is war and only when it's 50+
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Or just deal with it until it passes? Which, it will.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Okay i kinda get what your stating, but it sounds so stupid and unrealistic.... boycotting isn't the answer. It's like trying to talk to that bot "GM Fluxxx", forget about it, its just not happening. I do have a great idea that could work on our server, setup all the channels like mission war based on tiers for example. Level 1-51 (this isn't a real tier this is just an example), 52-79, 80-109, 110-139, 140-169 and 170-190. That's one way you could setup all the channels instead of the numbering channels that we have now. Even that can stay just setup each tier with 5 or more channels to that pacific tier, for example tier 1-51 haves its own channels and 1 so on.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Maybe your comp / net just blows
    Only lag I see is is war and only when it's 50+
    Have to agree with this, the only time I've lagged in the last few weeks was when I was relying on the in-game graphics options. Switched over to hardware overrides in the NVIDIA control panel and have been lag free since.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast