Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tired of all the lag?

interesting. Hardware override actually helped? I've not really had issues with fps to effect my lag though. At home, it's really just because my internet takes too many hops to get to the main servers. I honestly wish they could expand to two branches, a west and east coast, that were connected to each other via some fiber cables that we as normal users don't have (large business type). That way east coast users could have less ping overall. I know some east coasters don't have as big a problem, but it seems that more south-eastern region is generally slower. A state further away with much faster net than at my parents, the ping is almost the same still as it was there.

There's really no good fix other than living much closer to the servers for east coast people. I've had 3 different internet providers down near Miami, but the ping still is about the same due to distance and hops.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    interesting. Hardware override actually helped? I've not really had issues with fps to effect my lag though. At home, it's really just because my internet takes too many hops to get to the main servers. I honestly wish they could expand to two branches, a west and east coast, that were connected to each other via some fiber cables that we as normal users don't have (large business type). That way east coast users could have less ping overall. I know some east coasters don't have as big a problem, but it seems that more south-eastern region is generally slower. A state further away with much faster net than at my parents, the ping is almost the same still as it was there.

There's really no good fix other than living much closer to the servers for east coast people. I've had 3 different internet providers down near Miami, but the ping still is about the same due to distance and hops.
    I would not envy the person in charge of DB synchronization. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I would not envy the person in charge of DB synchronization.
    I'm not sure where you're getting envy from. I was giving an informative post. o.o

My FB Guide

I'm not sure where you're getting envy from. I was giving an informative post. o.o
    I was speaking to the impracticality of having more than one server running an MMO. Especially geographically distant servers.

If you want to get rid of the lag for good, Require a client file check to run before login to prevent modded clients from communicating with EST servers....oh wait.

It was just a hunch. But I was getting lag spikes on a gtx 670 and 50mb/s connection, there's no excuse for Cabal to be lagging on my desktop , and I happen to know that ESTsoft is extremely lacking in the coding ability department so I tried it out and haven't had issues since.

As for fiber-optic connections, I live in a city that's getting Google fiber
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Wish I knew what to do to fix the lag issues, for me it changes day to day. Some days I will have some crazy lag that d/cs me every couple minutes, and then on other days I have no issues at all.

Shadow Titanium
    If you have lag in this old game, buy a new PC or stop living in the woods and get better internet.

Seireitei for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    It was just a hunch. But I was getting lag spikes on a gtx 670 and 50mb/s connection, there's no excuse for Cabal to be lagging on my desktop , and I happen to know that ESTsoft is extremely lacking in the coding ability department so I tried it out and haven't had issues since.

As for fiber-optic connections, I live in a city that's getting Google fiber
    Hmm. Very interesting for a card that new to have issues. And I'm jealous of the net. Significantly faster. I have cable, but it still takes too many hops.

My FB Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
    If you have lag in this old game, buy a new PC or stop living in the woods and get better internet.
    I just built this computer for $1400... And I live in a city... You know what they say about assuming...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast