Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

My task manager isn't showing cabal.exe on the process tab. Also, can anyone combo at all without breaking from time to time or am I the only one lagging?

Game guard pulls it out of the visible process list in task manager. You can still see it in the command line as well as in other computer monitoring software.

I am getting no lag.

^
    Weird. Did you actually reinstall your game? Or you never really did anything? Cause my combo is breaking from time to time and its clearly lag spike for me when I break.

Nope, just updated. They said the check files button was corrupting clients, so that may have happened.

The servers aren't the fastest out there (and since there's only a west coast one east coast will be slower). Lag will happen. Adapt and move on

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

^
    Oh wow... the lag got worse compared to before because there's no East coast server? Or was it always that way and got worse because the server merge (Titan) happened? Cause back when I played cabal 2 years ago when there were Venus and Mercury it wasn't this bad.

Would be great if you could explain or if your explanation is enough.
    Last edited by gangplank; 04-12-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    All Cabal NA servers are hosted in California.

I live in the Atlantic coast and I barely have any lag.

Seireitei for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by gangplank View Post
    ^
    Oh wow... the lag got worse compared to before because there's no East coast server? Or was it always that way and got worse because the server merge (Titan) happened? Cause back when I played cabal 2 years ago when there were Venus and Mercury it wasn't this bad.

Would be great if you could explain or if your explanation is enough.
    As has been mentioned before, modded clients can cause more lag than normal clients due to additional unsyncing of info bcs it's being modded and such, which, unfortunately for us, is about 1/4 the players. Another reason contributes to the increase in players as well. I've not been able to update yet so haven't seen, but I hear the channels are often running into issues of being full. Increasing their cap doesn't solve the bandwidth though. Only so much traffic can be there before it slows down. Especially during "rush hours".

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    As has been mentioned before, modded clients can cause more lag than normal clients due to additional unsyncing of info bcs it's being modded and such, which, unfortunately for us, is about 1/4 the players. Another reason contributes to the increase in players as well. I've not been able to update yet so haven't seen, but I hear the channels are often running into issues of being full. Increasing their cap doesn't solve the bandwidth though. Only so much traffic can be there before it slows down. Especially during "rush hours".
    How did you come to that statistic? Source please.