Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal + Netflix = BSOD?

Cabal + Netflix = BSOD?

I've noticed that lately if I play cabal while watching something on netflix (using latest version of firefox) after a while my computer would BSOD. I honestly don't remember the last time I've had it BSOD before, and it never happens unless I have both cabal and netflix running. Does anyone else have this issue? Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit btw.

Over working the gfx card maybe ?

Set the comp up to not reboot it self on bsod and get the code when it crashes and see what it says
    Last edited by whitetrash; 04-23-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Over working the gfx card maybe ?

Set the comp up to not reboot it self on bsod and get the code when it crashes and see what it says
    While I do play a laptop, it still has an i7 3630qm, GTX 675MX so I seriously doubt that running cabal and netflix would overstress it. However I will try to get that code if it happens again.

My old desk top would do that when the gfx card would get too dirty and overheat it when If I would do cabal and something else .... I'd clean it and it would be fine for a while
    For some reason cabal likes to really work the cards lol
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

My old desk top would do that when the gfx card would get too dirty and overheat it when If I would do cabal and something else .... I'd clean it and it would be fine for a while
    For some reason cabal likes to really work the cards lol
    Better than overworking the CPU like Assassin's Creed does. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post

Lol my new comp don't care what I throw at it
    Water cooler takes good care of my cpu
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

Lol my new comp don't care what I throw at it
    Water cooler takes good care of my cpu
    Oh I don't have problems with overheating (I've never seen my GPU or CPU go over 50c), however my GPU is 1000000000000x better than my CPU, so I appreciate it when games lean that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Must be your CPU. I play AC IV with no problems on my laptop. Granted it's a pretty new and costly laptop. Naive people always asking me, "Is that an alienware" as if alienware is any good lol. Dell is crap now. When are people going do realize that? It's a Toshiba Qosmio.

Try using MSI Afterburner to keep track of your gpu and cpu temps and see which one is causing that issue. Might be as the CptnHowdy said, it simply is overheating it. Not necessarily overtaxing.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Can't say that I've noticed any heat issues. My laptop is an MSI based Cyberpower fangbook and from everything I've used it for so far it's got very good cooling. However I'll still try to watch the temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Can't say that I've noticed any heat issues. My laptop is an MSI based Cyberpower fangbook and from everything I've used it for so far it's got very good cooling. However I'll still try to watch the temperatures.
    Maybe it's full of dust
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast