Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Fraps

Shadow Titanium

Fraps

Hey I am using fraps to record video but my video always end up with like 3gb/2min or something. That is just wrong. How to fix it ?

Sounds about right. My video is 3GB/min. Fraps records the raw uncompressed video, you can compress afterwards and delete the original if you are concerned about disk space.

Shadow Titanium
    I want to upload stuff but since it is 30gb I don't want to spend a week uploading it XD
    Is there a solfware or a way to record and compress at the same time

Enso already answered your question but you didn't read it. You're supposed to take the uncompressed files fraps recorded and re-render them using other software (such as adobe premiere, sony vegas, etc.). There's no recording software out there that would give you small files right away unless it records them at a terrible quality. Compression of video is very hardware demanding, so it's impossible to compress right away while playing a game.

There's a great solution to this that I myself use. It's a program called Handbreak. The icon looks like a pinapple. It compresses those files. Let me put it this way: I compressed 1.2 TB of fraps video into about 20Gb of video and didn't lose a single bit of resolution and quality. Yea. It's great and that's what I'd recommend using.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

if you're using a geforce video card, it comes with a program called shadowplay that'll record and render gameplay as you go and save you lots of hard drive space. output is very good, just as good as if you were to fraps and render.

another alternative is to use a hardware that'll do what i just said, a good example being avermedia livegamer which goes into your pci expansion slot and you connect your video card through it to your monitor.

Shadow Titanium
    Iam using a GeForce but it is on a laptop so I cant use the feature. I have heard about a way to use it on laptop but still I could not make it to work (I got the shadowplay to activate but I could not record video while playing cabal is it limited on only games that it support?)

Is there a free solfware I can use to compress stuff

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    Iam using a GeForce but it is on a laptop so I cant use the feature. I have heard about a way to use it on laptop but still I could not make it to work (I got the shadowplay to activate but I could not record video while playing cabal is it limited on only games that it support?)

Is there a free solfware I can use to compress stuff
    Handbreak is free

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    There's a great solution to this that I myself use. It's a program called Handbreak. The icon looks like a pinapple. It compresses those files. Let me put it this way: I compressed 1.2 TB of fraps video into about 20Gb of video and didn't lose a single bit of resolution and quality. Yea. It's great and that's what I'd recommend using.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    Hey I am using fraps to record video but my video always end up with like 3gb/2min or something. That is just wrong. How to fix it ?
    If you use Nvidia Card, you can record video just 300mb/min with ShadowPlay, bester than xtrap.

Sorry, i try to test, but Shadow play can't record Cabal.
    Try with some soft, like: XSplit Broadcaster, gamecaster, all can't dectect cabal T_T
    Last edited by vipseavein; 05-04-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: fix

shadowplay can record cabal, i think you just have to select the right resolution mode (windows mode/full screen mode/siwtchable full screen mode) - can't remember which one works.