Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making alz as a noobie

Making alz as a noobie

So compared to way back when alz is just spread all over the place the alz from the quest allowed me to afford all my skills which is nice but everything is just so damn expensive and i'm running around in blue slotted not filled gear grinding for drops to sell "to npc shops" just to be able to run a dungeon if im lucky every 2-3 days to get crap that will not sell in the AH or uch or fch that i need and cannot sell....How the hell do you make money anymore alz seem's to be a long stretch for newer "returning players" when 20m alz was alot now 20m wont get you ..I bought a bunch of prem DX dungeons seeing how i was told the drop rates are much better but at 116 i cant solo and don;t want to waste them. Seem's unless you have a non greedy guild your pretty much out of luck.

sell UCH n FCH , u dont need them.

if you're a lvl 116 and you're wondering why you can't make the big alz, i would keep leveling and start running high level dungeons.

Honestly, I haven't played this game in about 2 years. I came back (yes I'm 182) ran 3 dungeons. Got about 22m worth in UCHs. Sold all of those including the extra drops. Yes you can probably get 8-15mil off UCH from 3-4 EoDs. I think your issue atm is the fact that you are hording those UCHs. Yes you might need them. But do you need them now? No. Don't use something you could sell for profit on something you will out grow rather quickly.

Though pink gear is usually not the ideal prize atm it usually is alot cheaper than buying the other items that are tradable. Another thing is most people when they gain money they see costumes and buy that over actual needed gear. Avoid all cosmetic related items and focus on getting one piece of gear at a time. Just get some OSM cheap pinky crap in the meantime. As you get pieces you can get better pieces to your set. One step at a time is how you need to look at it. Also keep in mind you get DP so after awhile just buy the Core capsules. If i want alot of UCH and UCHHs I pick up the lows and just sell what I get.

I am by far not saying this is the most effective way to make money later in levels but at your level...this is a very reasonable way to look at gaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaki View Post
    Honestly, I haven't played this game in about 2 years. I came back (yes I'm 182) ran 3 dungeons. Got about 22m worth in UCHs. Sold all of those including the extra drops. Yes you can probably get 8-15mil off UCH from 3-4 EoDs. I think your issue atm is the fact that you are hording those UCHs. Yes you might need them. But do you need them now? No. Don't use something you could sell for profit on something you will out grow rather quickly.

Though pink gear is usually not the ideal prize atm it usually is alot cheaper than buying the other items that are tradable. Another thing is most people when they gain money they see costumes and buy that over actual needed gear. Avoid all cosmetic related items and focus on getting one piece of gear at a time. Just get some OSM cheap pinky crap in the meantime. As you get pieces you can get better pieces to your set. One step at a time is how you need to look at it. Also keep in mind you get DP so after awhile just buy the Core capsules. If i want alot of UCH and UCHHs I pick up the lows and just sell what I get.

I am by far not saying this is the most effective way to make money later in levels but at your level...this is a very reasonable way to look at gaining it.

How'd you get ~40 UCH in 3 dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    How'd you get ~40 UCH in 3 dungeons?
    So you're saying that UCHs always cost 500K? :P I sold mine for 699-750k. Earlier in the day the prices are higher.

It was a rough estimate. I made around 20-22m. I ran IC1 3 times. Found a UCH off almost every boss. Then exchanged some DP and got 2-3 more. Problem?

Im lucky to get uch or fch i normally end up with 1 slotted gear drops or the random +100 2 slotted item drop ect so i should just sell all my uch fch and save up cause at the moment i have just normal slotted sig-metal i picked up for roughly 10-15m in the ah. I also had a PM that chaos arena is great for making money but i doubt i could solo 3...need to find me a partner and split 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by metaldaze View Post
    Im lucky to get uch or fch i normally end up with 1 slotted gear drops or the random +100 2 slotted item drop ect so i should just sell all my uch fch and save up cause at the moment i have just normal slotted sig-metal i picked up for roughly 10-15m in the ah. I also had a PM that chaos arena is great for making money but i doubt i could solo 3...need to find me a partner and split 50/50
    CA is a great way to make money. Mainly if you can solo or do it with friends. Reason? it drops tons of cores. Since I haven't been around in awhile it might even drop other surprises, but don't take that as legit since I honestly have no clue.

But I have noticed an increase in some of the gear drops compared to cores in lower dungeons. But you should still be able to spam the hell out of EoD or RS and make some pocket change to save up. The better gear you get the more you can do. The higher level you get the more dungeons become available. So all in all just sell what you can get your hands on for now (mainly cores. if you have to lower the price by 1k from the AH) just so you can save up for amp and cd stuff.

Back in the day I use to spam LiD for UCMs. Pocket change indeed. But by doing dungeons continuously....you're suppose to increase your changes for a rare drop...but that's a theory. There are alot of things you can do to make money. I also hear crafting is....but in order to craft you need money to start with. I also know people that work the market. I had a friend that only got online to buy and resell UCH and UCHHs. He ended up making billions....after a year.

PS. It's good to see fpsnoob still in action. Brings a tear to my eye to see OG players.

Yea the crafting now compared to back then is fixed you need way to much alz to even start and half the good stuff you'll need 100m+ alz just to attempt to craft and by my research can still fail shame no good privates still run.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldaze View Post
    Yea the crafting now compared to back then is fixed you need way to much alz to even start and half the good stuff you'll need 100m+ alz just to attempt to craft and by my research can still fail shame no good privates still run.
    What is your class? I don't recall you mentioning what you play. If you give me an idea on that I can possibly scrounge up a few more ideas of what you should be capable of and at what levels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast