Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM drop event

Shadow Titanium
    Let assume there is no magic way to pick stuffs faster, so those that live near the server earn 600m/week more than those that not. Why would there be a need of a permanent event which base on ping? It is hard to come up with a way to get rid of the latency problem but it is easy to come up with an event that doesn't base on ping. BTW is macro legal for cabal?
    I would like to ask how you make 600m/week? (we are not talking about using USD here so please leave it aside). Please keep in mind that who get 10+ item only need half an hour/week to get 600m/ week therefore if whatever it is that you do need too much time(like 20hours/week) then it is not ok at all.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    Let assume there is no magic way to pick stuffs faster, so those that live near the server earn 600m/week more than those that not. Why would there be a need of a permanent event which base on ping? It is hard to come up with a way to get rid of the latency problem but it is easy to come up with an event that doesn't base on ping. BTW is macro legal for cabal?
    I would like to ask how you make 600m/week? (we are not talking about using USD here so please leave it aside). Please keep in mind that who get 10+ item only need half an hour/week to get 600m/ week therefore if whatever it is that you do need too much time(like 20hours/week) then it is not ok at all.
    Farm dark bladers, farm forgotten ruin, run SoD, run EoD, run EoD2, boss hunt, run MO, farm MF (and run dungeons), farm LiD.

And regarding whether macros are legal, I think Valdoroth is more qualified to answer that than I am.

Why don't you have an issue with Saint's? That is also ping-bound. Also you would need to get pretty much 20 sup core highest to get 600m out of a drop event. I don't think they even drop that many of them. The most you can get with 10 items is 340m at current rates. Which is just over half of what you think people are making. In reality, I usually get 5 to 7 prem dx entries, 2 or 3 normal cores, 2 or 3 enhanced cores, and 1 or 2 superior cores. That's 30m + 1.4m + 25m + 30m = roughly 86.5m for each drop event I go to. Sometimes it's much less, sometimes it's a little more. Pretty different from 600m.

You're overreacting to one aspect of the game that gives people even less of an advantage as you might think. I save 2 - 3 hours of farming from the event. Are you really arguing that giving some people a 2 to 3 hour advantage per week is game breaking? Please. Go farm.

The drop rates low farming is boring when your lucky to get 1-2 items per hour of farming when theres no thrill to it, to do these dungeons they cost a hefty amount of cash i spent 12m on entries and only ended up making 5.8m back so i actually lost alz running dungeons my only issue with the drop was they form into 2 channels split it up a bit into more channels give more people a chance it's the only stress reliever alot of people get.

If the items they dropped were coded to require dice rolls on mass scale, then I think it'd be more fair. Saints should work the same I think, and remove the 30 second timer on it or reduce it to 10 seconds perhaps. It's not fair to the people who get killed 5-10 seconds b4 it can be picked up. Then again, life ain't fair, so why should video games be.

To answer about macros: They are legal IF they are 1 key NON repetition keystrokes (basically just remapping a key normally) Anything that can be self autonomous is illegal (against ToS illegal) to include spacebar on repeat, even if it's toggle when held.

Drops rates. Ha.
    If you think that getting high drops are the fastest way to make alz, you're naive.
    One of the most assured and fastest ways to make alz is upgrade cores. They are ALWAYS needed, and sell fast. They drop very often. Forcium and often sigmetal plain gears are used daily for skinning gears.
    It's a fact that more than 2b alz flows through the AH everyday. That's alot of alz. +1 and higher items break down and give ucp. Stacks of ucp sell for a couple mil, and doesn't take long to make a stack. Same for FCP (anything slotted broken gives). You may not like it, but NPC is guarenteed alz for "crap" items that you normally just leave on the ground. Alz drops on the ground ALL the time and you're just an idiot to leave free money on the ground. You've ALL seen botters in the past that make millions and sell them to alz buyers and they get ALOT of alz just from dropping on the ground. You wouldn't leave a dollar bill on the ground would you? Same concept. Making alz is easy. It's just how you spend it that makes the huge difference. Don't buy what you don't need.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 05-10-2014 at 07:00 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by metaldaze View Post
    The drop rates low farming is boring when your lucky to get 1-2 items per hour of farming when theres no thrill to it, to do these dungeons they cost a hefty amount of cash i spent 12m on entries and only ended up making 5.8m back so i actually lost alz running dungeons my only issue with the drop was they form into 2 channels split it up a bit into more channels give more people a chance it's the only stress reliever alot of people get.
    I didn't say they were exciting ways to make money, or had "thrill". But if you want to make money, sitting in one spot killing the same mobs over and over (dark bladers or forgotten ruin mobs) will make you money faster than most dungeons. You're playing a Korean MMO after all, remember that. If you farm the dungeon entries, they are free.

There are ways to make money if you're willing to work for it. Sitting around chatting with your friends, while fun and relaxing, does not produce alz.

Shadow Titanium
    There are 2 events/week so you need to get 300m in one event to get that 600m/week. I admit that I oversaid that amount but around 400m/week is reasonable. Take a look at your example, if you take the max of your data then it is a lot more. And remember it is 10+ not 10.
    You are those people that get 10+ item every events so it should be good for you, why don't you think about those that can't get anything? The problem with this event is that people don't have equal (or at least close to equal) chance to get an item. If you can fix that than it is fair (like what Val said). The word fair is what I am arguing for (I did not say anything about game breaking).
    For the saint weapon problem, it comes with an update which our GM couldn't do anything about while drop event is another thing. You should see the difference. Although I want to change the way people get the saint by the roll thing that Val said also.
    The reason I ask for the way to get 600m was that if you need 3 4 hours/day which is 21-28hours/week to get equal to someone spend half an hours/week then it is just wrong. Again I am looking for the fair word.
    If the world is not fair (which is true) make game also not fair (might not have to be true) then I cant say anything else.

GM's still gotta ask devs to do the stuff for the most part.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    If the items they dropped were coded to require dice rolls on mass scale, then I think it'd be more fair. Saints should work the same I think, and remove the 30 second timer on it or reduce it to 10 seconds perhaps. It's not fair to the people who get killed 5-10 seconds b4 it can be picked up. Then again, life ain't fair, so why should video games be.

To answer about macros: They are legal IF they are 1 key NON repetition keystrokes (basically just remapping a key normally) Anything that can be self autonomous is illegal (against ToS illegal) to include spacebar on repeat, even if it's toggle when held.

Drops rates. Ha.
    If you think that getting high drops are the fastest way to make alz, you're naive.
    One of the most assured and fastest ways to make alz is upgrade cores. They are ALWAYS needed, and sell fast. They drop very often. Forcium and often sigmetal plain gears are used daily for skinning gears.
    It's a fact that more than 2b alz flows through the AH everyday. That's alot of alz. +1 and higher items break down and give ucp. Stacks of ucp sell for a couple mil, and doesn't take long to make a stack. Same for FCP (anything slotted broken gives). You may not like it, but NPC is guarenteed alz for "crap" items that you normally just leave on the ground. Alz drops on the ground ALL the time and you're just an idiot to leave free money on the ground. You've ALL seen botters in the past that make millions and sell them to alz buyers and they get ALOT of alz just from dropping on the ground. You wouldn't leave a dollar bill on the ground would you? Same concept. Making alz is easy. It's just how you spend it that makes the huge difference. Don't buy what you don't need.
    I went to the event once and stood by the fewest amount of people and couldn't even pick up an upgrade core med...
    Didn't even bother doing it again.

Possible Solution: What if they made the drops temporary like 3-7 days or account bound? People who can pick up items get their drops, but don't make as much alz.

As for the saints thing, maybe 30 seconds should be kept. It kills off the weaker players (might give FS/GL and advantage, but w/e)
    Maybe they could even add a calculator that bases the % chance that you pick it up is based off of how much damage you did to the boss. What are your opinions on these ideas?

Shadow Titanium
    3-7 days seem a good idea, while account binding is not, since GM cant throw it for you to loot

Shadow Titanium
    About how to make ALZ for farmer(who got tons of time playing), the best now is EA, get a WI and booster and boom you get 3 chaos core/run (1.5 for each person, 1 run is about 10mins so you make like 9-2.5 = 6.5m per 10mins, also keep in mind you can sell more than 6m)10 hours/day, give it a month and you get that 10bil title. It does require some gear to start with but not much. If you can solo lycan then it is x2 profit

Of course you can always get a job and buy ALZ with USD and make a lot more but let take this out of the problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast