Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A world cup event?

Shadow Titanium
    US has never won the Football World Cup, so stop complaining.
    Try to get one and then complain again.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Do you know why it's the #1 sport in the world? Yea, it's because it's cheap and alot of the third world/poor countries can actually afford to play it.

Real men use their hands...this can't be disputed. And oh, Soccer players flop more than LeBron James and Dwayne Wade combined. That's saying alot.
    I do acknowledge that it's pretty cheap to just kick a ball around, but add nets and you magically have the sport that you seem to like called Basketball, or add a stick and you have another sport called Baseball.

Neither Canada or Mexico are 3rd world. Also European countries are by no means 3rd world countries, yet they maintain Soccer as their most popular sport. Have you even met a European? The love they share for soccer far surpasses anything I've seen out of Americans for any sport. Major soccer matches in Spain are National Holidays.

Once again just cause you personally don't like soccer doesn't mean other people don't. I find other sports much less exciting than Soccer, but that might be due to my restless personality, and you're running more most of a game of soccer. I get annoyed at all the waiting around you have to deal with in Baseball or American Football.

Funny you should mention flopping, friend wrote a blog post about how that should be turned into a penalty with stricter repercussions, and how people who are doing it are ruining America's image of what is a great game.

And maybe that's why Soccer is more popular. Soccer actually believes that Women like to play sports too. Half the world right there.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Ummm last I checked Canada and Quebec were not part of north America O.O
    I happen to appreciate our neighbors up North =P.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Ummm last I checked Canada and Quebec were not part of north America O.O
    North America is a continent.... Canada, America and Mexico + Central America (all those little countries below Mexico) are all a part of North America. You can thank me for the knowledge on things you should have learned in middle school later.

Quote Originally Posted by xYxPlasmaxYx View Post
    North America is a continent.... Canada, America and Mexico + Central America (all those little countries below Mexico) are all a part of North America. You can thank me for the knowledge on things you should have learned in middle school later.
    Lol he was being sarcastic. Take note of his Capitalization.
    <Templar>

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Lol he was being sarcastic. Take note of his Capitalization.
    Capitalization is called grammar not sarcasm... and how do you even interpret a remark like that as sarcasm in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by xYxPlasmaxYx View Post
    Capitalization is called grammar not sarcasm... and how do you even interpret a remark like that as sarcasm in the first place
    When it comes to writing capitalization is used as a form of emphasis.

By having faith in a person's intelligence and not assuming the worse. Something like this can be easily be looked up so that could only mean he was trolling. Also I used to be in his guild back in the day so I know him personally.
    <Templar>

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    I do acknowledge that it's pretty cheap to just kick a ball around, but add nets and you magically have the sport that you seem to like called Basketball, or add a stick and you have another sport called Baseball.

Neither Canada or Mexico are 3rd world. Also European countries are by no means 3rd world countries, yet they maintain Soccer as their most popular sport. Have you even met a European? The love they share for soccer far surpasses anything I've seen out of Americans for any sport. Major soccer matches in Spain are National Holidays.

Once again just cause you personally don't like soccer doesn't mean other people don't. I find other sports much less exciting than Soccer, but that might be due to my restless personality, and you're running more most of a game of soccer. I get annoyed at all the waiting around you have to deal with in Baseball or American Football.

Funny you should mention flopping, friend wrote a blog post about how that should be turned into a penalty with stricter repercussions, and how people who are doing it are ruining America's image of what is a great game.

And maybe that's why Soccer is more popular. Soccer actually believes that Women like to play sports too. Half the world right there.

I happen to appreciate our neighbors up North =P.

Waiting around in football? There is action on every play. Yea, you wait for a huddle, but you get action. What type of action is in a soccer game? Hey, let's run around and kick a ball. What awesome action. Baseball blows. It's almost as boring to watch as soccer is. Soccer, where 0-0 games are exciting! So you can just add a net and you get basketball? All you need i an open field of grass to play soccer. You need a court to play basketball. I can go outside of my house and see like 3 places you can play soccer. Yet, I don't see nearly as many basketball courts. Wonder why? Oh ya, costs money.

Didn't realize Europe, Canada(LOL, didn't even know they have a soccer team) and Mexico made up the entire world. I don't know what teams are even in the world cup, but I'm guessing there is some poorer countries. How is basketball, or baseball, or football doing in their countries? I'm guessing not very well, b/c it costs too much.

If football isn't very popular in England, why does the NFL have a game over there every year that sells out? In conclusion, a vast majority of the world is very easily entertained if a soccer match can keep their attention.

I'll just leave this right here. LMFAO @ this. Disgraceful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4

Shadow Titanium
    Algeria
    Cameroon
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Ghana
    Nigeria
    Australia
    Iran
    Japan
    Korea Republic
    Belgium
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Croatia
    England
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Portugal
    Russia
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Costa Rica
    Honduras
    Mexico
    USA
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    Uruguay

We have some rich countries in the World Cup 2014 list

Shadow Titanium
    I feel American football violent, so I don't like it. But I respect other people's interests, and I don't make a thread saying "hey, I don't like American football" like a retard. Maybe you're rich, but your characteristic makes me think you are below the level of poor people.

Waiting around in football? There is action on every play. Yea, you wait for a huddle, but you get action. What type of action is in a soccer game? Hey, let's run around and kick a ball. What awesome action. Baseball blows. It's almost as boring to watch as soccer is. Soccer, where 0-0 games are exciting! So you can just add a net and you get basketball? All you need i an open field of grass to play soccer. You need a court to play basketball. I can go outside of my house and see like 3 places you can play soccer. Yet, I don't see nearly as many basketball courts. Wonder why? Oh ya, costs money.

Didn't realize Europe, Canada(LOL, didn't even know they have a soccer team) and Mexico made up the entire world. I don't know what teams are even in the world cup, but I'm guessing there is some poorer countries. How is basketball, or baseball, or football doing in their countries? I'm guessing not very well, b/c it costs too much.

If football isn't very popular in England, why does the NFL have a game over there every year that sells out? In conclusion, a vast majority of the world is very easily entertained if a soccer match can keep their attention.

I'll just leave this right here. LMFAO @ this. Disgraceful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4
    IGN: xTPx
    Guild: Spartans

You still ignore the point of personal preferences.

You don't need some fancy NBA grade + approved court to play basketball, you just need a paved ground, and a goal. America has a tendency to charge 90X more than necessary for things.

It's called examples. It's far easier to list all the countries in the world where American Football is popular, than it is to list all the countries in the world where Soccer is popular. (It's also far easier to list what countries don't have a soccer team than those that do btw)

As for that game in England, there's many reasons for that. One of them being the fact that it's once a year? I don't care for American Football at all, that doesn't stop me from watching the Super Bowl though (mostly for halftime and those awesome ads).

I wonder how many of these countries you've even heard of... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...football_teams

Also Soccer is the most popular popular sport in the richest country in the world. No don't be ignorant and think America is the richest country. Actually of the world's 15's richest countries based off the Forbe's list, Pretty much only America and Hong Kong don't have soccer as one of the most popular sports....
    <Templar>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast