Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A world cup event?

Osmium
    so suddenly popular sports are popular because they are played in poor countries?!! fvck logic

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Lol he was being sarcastic. Take note of his Capitalization.
    Wow someone took me serious on here lol wow ...... Sigh they must be new here lol
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Wow someone took me serious on here lol wow ...... Sigh they must be new here lol
    =P

These forums are depressingly dull compared to 4 years ago... Being on here was half the fun back then.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Quote Originally Posted by blackpig1412 View Post
    I feel American football violent, so I don't like it. But I respect other people's interests, and I don't make a thread saying "hey, I don't like American football" like a retard. Maybe you're rich, but your characteristic makes me think you are below the level of poor people.

So, instead of watching people colliding each other and falling down, you'd rather watch people fall down and roll around on the ground like little b1tches without being hit? Gotcha. It's OK, soccer players are soft as hell, and generally the people who enjoy it are the same. So it makes sense you don't like football.

You still ignore the point of personal preferences.

You don't need some fancy NBA grade + approved court to play basketball, you just need a paved ground, and a goal. America has a tendency to charge 90X more than necessary for things.

It's called examples. It's far easier to list all the countries in the world where American Football is popular, than it is to list all the countries in the world where Soccer is popular. (It's also far easier to list what countries don't have a soccer team than those that do btw)

As for that game in England, there's many reasons for that. One of them being the fact that it's once a year? I don't care for American Football at all, that doesn't stop me from watching the Super Bowl though (mostly for halftime and those awesome ads).

I wonder how many of these countries you've even heard of... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...football_teams

Also Soccer is the most popular popular sport in the richest country in the world. No don't be ignorant and think America is the richest country. Actually of the world's 15's richest countries based off the Forbe's list, Pretty much only America and Hong Kong don't have soccer as one of the most popular sports....
    Say I have a kid and god forbid he wants to play organized soccer. Where would we go to see one of his games? Yes, that's right, some open field with couple of goals. Let's say he wants to play organized basketball. Do you honestly think we would just go to some random paved court outside and watch his games? Or would we have to goto some structure with a gym to watch the games? Which is more costly? An open field or a building with a gym?

=P

These forums are depressingly dull compared to 4 years ago... Being on here was half the fun back then.
    Yea not so much fun theese days I can't seem to stir it up as ez now lol
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

It's not to hard to get some people's panties in a bunch. Watch

There is a reason football isn't popular worldwide. It's expensive, it's hard to get it organized and it's violent.

So essentially, the rest of the world is either poor, lazy, or soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Say I have a kid and god forbid he wants to play organized soccer. Where would we go to see one of his games? Yes, that's right, some open field with couple of goals. Let's say he wants to play organized basketball. Do you honestly think we would just go to some random paved court outside and watch his games? Or would we have to goto some structure with a gym to watch the games? Which is more costly? An open field or a building with a gym?
    I never said Soccer wasn't cheaper, just saying it's not that much more expensive to be able to play it if you want to. Also it's quite obvious that the outdoor sport is gonna be outdoors while the sport that was originally designed to be a winter sport is played indoors... Although you can easily swap the two. I'm pretty sure there are groups out there that like to organize basketball outdoors just like there's something called Indoor Soccer that can be played in the winter.

Andd to answer your question as to which cost more, the answer is both (You didn't think this through did you?). A regulation soccer field is about the size of 15 basketball courts. For people that live in large cities with high land values, open space is a luxury and seeing green can be a rare sight.

Edit: As we speak I can hear people at a sport's bar a few blocks over cheering over the goal that we seemed to have scored in the Word Cup.

Yeaa, I remember people causing a ruckus during each maintenance update, it was how I knew when I could get back in game lol.
    Last edited by Leonhart; 06-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Shadow Titanium
    ^or anything to do with tang

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast