Thread: A world cup event?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantaco View Post
    ^or anything to do with tang
    You mean like this? XD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Shadow Titanium
    nah i was thinking more back to this props to anyone who was in vent with me that day lol

nah i was thinking more back to this props to anyone who was in vent with me that day lol

Lol I I remember this XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    There is a reason football isn't popular worldwide. It's expensive, it's hard to get it organized and it's violent.

So essentially, the rest of the world is either poor, lazy, or soft.

What are you talking about? You keep getting your facts mixed up. Football is the world's #1 sport.
    <Templar>

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post

Edit: As we speak I can hear people at a sport's bar a few blocks over cheering over the goal that we seemed to have scored in the Word Cup.
    Who is we?

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    who is we?
    02:05 pm US Central Time
    <Templar>

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    02:05 pm US Central Time
    This isn't the "we" I was referring to. The "we" I was referring to is the "we" you said that scored a goal. I have no idea where you are from and of course no idea who is even playing to know who you are referring to as "we"

This isn't the "we" I was referring to. The "we" I was referring to is the "we" you said that scored a goal. I have no idea where you are from and of course no idea who is even playing to know who you are referring to as "we"
    I handled both "we" in my statement actually.

Edit: Although I think you responded before my edit. My Apologies. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted.
    Last edited by Leonhart; 06-16-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    <Templar>

so the "we" is the US. Didn't know they were playing, and actually didn't even know they made the World Cup. And just because a few people at a bar scream and yell does not mean the sport is popular here. At least I hope that is not what you are saying. Soccer will never be king in the US. I don't even think it will even beat any of the big 4. Hell, I don't even think it will top Neckcar.

Hahahahaha the good ol days
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

so the "we" is the US. Didn't know they were playing, and actually didn't even know they made the World Cup. And just because a few people at a bar scream and yell does not mean the sport is popular here. At least I hope that is not what you are saying. Soccer will never be king in the US. I don't even think it will even beat any of the big 4. Hell, I don't even think it will top Neckcar.
    Yea, I already brought up being American as well.

Fully aware the sport is not popular here in the United States. I wrote an analysis of that my freshman year in College and it mentioned the truthful points that you have stated in this thread. But there is a significant support of the sport.

It's a decent sized crowd they have an outdoor patio area with a large TV. I'm a few blocks away so the sound has to be somewhat significant. I will admit that my school does attract a lot of international students though since we have some of the top Academic programs in the nation.

I may just be in a more diverse area. I've seen a lot of US Jerseys around today. And my Facebook has been flooded with comments about the game. Also Google displays the match in their Doodle today as well. I wasn't aware of the game initially either until I heard all the cheering lol. We're usually in the cup we just never Win.

Posted by one of my friends: "Fun fact: approximately half of the US team speaks English as a second language"
    Just like how half the NHL is Canadian lol.
    <Templar>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast