Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Warrior and Gladiator BM2 Names

Warrior and Gladiator BM2 Names

Hi.

Soooooooooo Gladiator's BM2 is called "Death Scyther". Warrior's BM2 is called "Lancer".

WHY does the Gladiator use a lance, and the Warrior use a scythe?

It seems very clear to me that this cognitive dissonance would be easily solved by swapping the names. Call Gladiator's BM2 "Death Lancer" and Warrior's BM2 "Scyther". Or something to that effect.

Thank you.

Lol it is just a name... im sure I rather let GMs work on more important/useful things instead...
    Living life, peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by xFear View Post
    Lol it is just a name... im sure I rather let GMs work on more important/useful things instead...
    Well, I know you don't really mean GM's, because this isn't something GM's are responsible for. Developers might have more important and/or useful things to work on. However, changing a name like that is less than a minute of work. If you assume a 40 hour work week, that is 0.04% of their yearly time (2.5% of a week). Hell, if this game were open source I'd just fix it myself. It isn't a big deal in that way. It's literally one command:

find ./skills -type f -exec perl -ipe 's/Lancer/Scyther/g; s/Death\sScyther/Death Lancer/g' '{}' \;

or something to that effect, depending on the layout of the source.

And while you might consider it "just a name", I would consider something in game that is labeled something it is not to be an error. It's like if you switched the appearance of gear around so "martial" gear would look like armor, "armor" like battle, and "battle" like martial. It makes no sense.

Attention to detail is relevant and important.

I mostly just want to make sure this is not overlooked.
    Last edited by Enso; 07-20-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Removed intermediate form in the search/replace. Not necessary. Also I think perl is faster than sed in this case.

I also think that GL's have 2 skills that's name should be swapped. Additionally, while they're at it, fix the FT2 Leth Tyrant's "How dare your broke my armor!" to "How dare you break my armor!"
    And in addition to that, with the new dungeon Eternal Chaos Arena, the second form of Tyrant, should NOT be 'Reth', but is supposed to be 'Leth'. Korean's 'R' and 'L' are literally the same consonant, so I understand the simple translation error, but seriously...after being used to 'Leth Tyrant' for 5+ years now, 'Reth' just sounds dumb and the mistake should have been easily avoided (to a point of having not been made in the first place).

I could go on ofc, but I'll leave it at that. I support the name change promotion.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Well if we are gonna be grammar nazis fix the golem message from "In 5 minutes it can occupy the fortress" and,tell us what it is or change "it" to "you"!!!!!! I flame at your hired translators ability to type and or translate from korean to English!!!
    Last edited by jamnotjelly; 07-20-2014 at 02:13 PM.

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Quote Originally Posted by jamnotjelly View Post
    Well if we are gonna be grammar nazis fix the golem message from "In 5 minutes it can occupy the fortress" and,tell us what it is or change "it" to "you"!!!!!! I flame at your hired translators ability to type and or translate from korean to English!!!
    I don't care about the grammar. Well, I do, but not enough to request a change. That I just find funny. Same with "Reth Tyrant" and "broke my armor". Hilarious. Calling a Scythe a Lance and a Lance a Scythe? Unacceptable.

Also I don't think they use java, although that parameter wouldn't be too far off.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]