Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cabal's NEW Damage Formula (for real. yes, for this patch.)

Im not trying to change the subject of this thread or anything but; cant you guys just play the damn game?...im sure by the time u guys figure things out there will be another update and puff start all over again...
    Living life, peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by xFear View Post
    Im not trying to change the subject of this thread or anything but; cant you guys just play the damn game?...im sure by the time u guys figure things out there will be another update and puff start all over again...
    Part of the game is how it works. Being of the software engineer persuasion, I am interested in that. Reverse engineering is really fun for me, it also helps with character building. If you can calculate exactly what stat improvements give you the most benefit, you can allocate your alz in a more efficient manner. This ain't candy crush.

Some people want to "just play the game", others want to be the best they can be and know as much as they can about the game. Just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I don't... so here is the data:

attacker: 2444 base, 62 amp, 30 add damage, 107 penetration using terra lance (85 amp, 129 add attack)
    defender: 1672 defense, 263 damage reduce, 11 resist amp

expected result: (2.36*2444+129)*.26*.25-(263/4-107) = 440 + 5 = 445
    actual damage: 354
    First of all thank you for testing it.

Second, from this data we can conclude 2 things:

1. Penetration does not give extra damage if your penetration is higher than their damage reduce. In your case, your penetration was 107 while his damage reduce was only 65.75. We'll assume that the extra 41.25 penetration you have more than his damage reduce has no effect and just brings his damage reduce to zero.

2. 1600 defense must be mitigating more than what i predicted it would. When I did the calculation, I got about 400 damage after adding your add. damage in. That is too far off. The only way this can make sense is if 1600 is mitigating 76 or 78% instead of 74% like I predicted.

If you assume his defense is mitigating 78% which would use the decimal .22, then the number we reach is EXACTLY 354. Well, 354.32.

2444 * 2.36 + 129 = 5896.84

5896.84 * .22 * .25 = 324.32

324.32 + 30 (add. damage) = 354.32

This just means I need to go back and re-test the defense chart.
    Add Damage from items is divided by 4 in pvp. So if he has 30, it's going to hit ~7 more base damage (you can test it by using LID title in pvp/pk)
    It doesn't make sense Penetration doesn't make an effect in damage when it's higher than Oponent's Damage Reduction. Stop to think just a bit: If Damage Reduction is divided by 4, your penetration will always be higher than oponent's damage reduction, so it'll never make any difference...

I would say that Opnt's. Damage Reduction is calculated with Penetration and then, the result is divided by 4. So, in Enso's damage would be (263-107)/4 = 39

Then the whole formula should work like:
    {[(Amp * Atk + Skill Add. Dmg) * Op.Defense%] /4} - [(263-107)/4] + (Add. Dmg/4)
    {[(2.36*2444+129)*.26] / 4} - [(263-107)/4] + 7
    [(5896,84 * 0,26) / 4] - 39 + 7
    383,24 - 39 + 7

The result is close to the real damage in game... I haven't tested with my char yet, I'll do it later then I post the results '-'
    Last edited by Dearr; 08-01-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    TheDevilsRejects | Facebook | Youtube
    Anything you say can and will be held against you.
    So only say my name and it will be held against you.

Quote Originally Posted by xFear View Post
    Word

Shadow Titanium
    The defense chart is a big problem though it is the main factor here XD

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Part of the game is how it works. Being of the software engineer persuasion, I am interested in that. Reverse engineering is really fun for me, it also helps with character building. If you can calculate exactly what stat improvements give you the most benefit, you can allocate your alz in a more efficient manner. This ain't candy crush.

Some people want to "just play the game", others want to be the best they can be and know as much as they can about the game. Just personal preference.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Respect. Smart people like you shouldn't waste time on cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearr View Post
    Add Damage from items is divided by 4 in pvp. So if he has 30, it's going to hit ~7 more base damage (you can test it by using LID title in pvp/pk)
    It doesn't make sense Penetration doesn't make an effect in damage when it's higher than Oponent's Damage Reduction. Stop to think just a bit: If Damage Reduction is divided by 4, your penetration will always be higher than oponent's damage reduction, so it'll never make any difference...

I would say that Opnt's. Damage Reduction is calculated with Penetration and then, the result is divided by 4. So, in Enso's damage would be (263-107)/4 = 39

Then the whole formula should work like:
    {[(Amp * Atk + Skill Add. Dmg) * Op.Defense%] /4} - [(263-107)/4] + (Add. Dmg/4)
    {[(2.36*2444+129)*.26] / 4} - [(263-107)/4] + 7
    [(5896,84 * 0,26) / 4] - 39 + 7
    383,24 - 39 + 7

The result is close to the real damage in game... I haven't tested with my char yet, I'll do it later then I post the results '-'
    Actually, Add. Damage is divided by 5 in pvp, not 4. I even said it in my original post yet I forgot when I was doing the calculation. Dont know why lol.

And yes.. it DOES make sense for penetration to have no effect if the opponent's damage reduce is already zero. If penetration penetrates damage reduce, what is it going to penetrate when there is no damage reduce to penetrate?

However, I do like your way of calculating damage reduce. Instead of dividing damage reduce by 4 and then subtracting your penetration from it, you subtract first then divide. It definitely works in this *particular* case, but it needs to work in ALL cases to be correct. Let's test it some more so we can figure out which is correct. Honestly I hope your version is correct because when I tried to change the defense chart, I really couldn't figure out the correct defense increments.

Shadow Titanium
    if you want to calculate the def chart you gonna need to test for every 100 def increments they can be weird.

Actually, Add. Damage is divided by 5 in pvp, not 4. I even said it in my original post yet I forgot when I was doing the calculation. Dont know why lol.
    You're right, in fact, I typed /5 but I changed while I was reading my old calculator XD

I also tested the formula with my char stats and the result was totally different... It was 466 in game and it showed 252 in the formula xD
    TheDevilsRejects | Facebook | Youtube
    Anything you say can and will be held against you.
    So only say my name and it will be held against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearr View Post
    You're right, in fact, I typed /5 but I changed while I was reading my old calculator XD

I also tested the formula with my char stats and the result was totally different... It was 466 in game and it showed 252 in the formula xD
    Lol then something is wrong. You hit someone with 1600 defense?

As long as everything was correct and no variables changed, then that means the formula is wrong or the defense chart is wrong.

I've never had my formula fail me when calculating my damage or my friends' damage.

Banned
    Lol then something is wrong. You hit someone with 1600 defense?

As long as everything was correct and no variables changed, then that means the formula is wrong or the defense chart is wrong.

I've never had my formula fail me when calculating my damage or my friends' damage.
    I believe the formula only accurate for sword class. When try to test with magic class, final output mostly off by 100~200 damage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast