Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabal's NEW Damage Formula (for real. yes, for this patch.)

Shadow Titanium
    Yea I wish they give you a program that calculate damage. I know it is too much but it would be so nice

Would it possible for you to upload it onto a google doc so I can see more of the work/calculations done?

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    I have always believe that your power should minus your defense somehow ^^

Let say someone have 2k4 defense, and you are a WI with 2k5 atk, 100amp, use terra lance 85amp (ignore add atk, damage reduce and penetrate for simplify)
    Then your attack power is 2500x2.85 = 7125
    The damage output is 7125(.15)(.25)(1) = 267.2
    I can tell you it is not right the damage output is too low for that stats ^^

You should test it when the opponent defense is high like 2k and up no one have 1k5 def now ^^

Thanks for the work though
    I made a mistake on the Defense chart. I changed the values to the correct ones.

So instead it would look like: 7125(.17)(.25) = 302.8

However, damage reduce would take it down to about 250-260 anyways.

This number is correct. Test it for yourself. Until you can prove me wrong with real numbers, don't say I'm wrong. I'll gladly concede and change the formula if you can prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Would it possible for you to upload it onto a google doc so I can see more of the work/calculations done?
    Since I'm no longer going to be playing the game, I'd hate to put any more effort in than I already have... but I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Shimura; 07-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimura View Post
    [*]Minimum Damage is not calculated the way I originally thought it might be. For now, let's ignore minimum damage altogether. Any *small* variations in damage output can be blamed on the Minimum Damage stat.

Min. damage raises the minimum damage you do per skill..

Example: Let's say Impact stab hits anywhere from 1k-1250 randomly because you have low minimum damage, If you increase it, It closes the damage gap to where you're hitting 1100-1250, or 1175-1250, With enough Min. Damage you would hit 1250 consistently.

But you really don't need that much, Like 15-20% to completely close the damage gap.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHopeIsLost View Post
    Min. damage raises the minimum damage you do per skill..

Example: Let's say Impact stab hits anywhere from 1k-1250 randomly because you have low minimum damage, If you increase it, It closes the damage gap to where you're hitting 1100-1250, or 1175-1250, With enough Min. Damage you would hit 1250 consistently.

But you really don't need that much, Like 15-20% to completely close the damage gap.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that now, but since I can't figure out EXACTLY how it's calculated, i decided to ignore that for now. I try to take the highest number out of several attacks so I can avoid working with min. dmg.

Shadow Titanium
    You should use a WI for your calculation WI skills don't oscillate like melee class.
    I don't have solid proof but the stats from WI I used was pretty OP when the stats on WA is normal and if the real damage output is 267 then people can quit WI already.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    You should use a WI for your calculation WI skills don't oscillate like melee class.
    I don't have solid proof but the stats from WI I used was pretty OP when the stats on WA is normal and if the real damage output is 267 then people can quit WI already.
    How about this:

When i come home later, we can meet up in game. My name is Shimura. Then we can get a wizard and test his abilities and I can show you.

Shadow Titanium
    Unless changed over the years.. Both WI and FA have base of 100% min dmg and were never affected by the fluctuation that melee classes experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
    Unless changed over the years.. Both WI and FA have base of 100% min dmg and were never affected by the fluctuation that melee classes experienced.
    they still have 100% min.dmg, nothing changed

you should try to add penetration, b/c my FA 1950 m.atk, 75 amp 190 CD use Fire Lance to hit a wiz whose 2.3k def, I deal about 850 mean while base on your formula, it's only 599 (ignoring dr) That wiz is honor 15, no resist bike or drie eog or resist stuff.
    My calculation : 1950 x 2.7 x 18% x 0.25 x2.53 = 599

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast