Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW!!! Censoring to the extreme!

WOW!!! Censoring to the extreme!

Can't say "gm" (often used for guild master) or "wc" (water closet or wrong chat). Blocked.

Seriously GM's yall are idiots when it comes to blocked words. In your ToS it STATES that you're not responsible for the content players say in the game. So QUIT trying to micromanage so much and just get rid of most censors. Just leave the normal game standard ones (f and s words). You make the game harder often because often those censors get in the way of normal typing.

Ask any player if they think most the censoring is useless and they'll agree. Especially since there's a work-around for all of them rending the censor pointless to begin with. A majority of the players are not even kids. Why treat us like one?
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 08-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    wow "mafia" is censored in game too
    /requesttochangemafiabossname

Additionally, a very large amount of normally (and should be) words related to reproductive organs are not blocked. Many things that used to be are not now. They really wacked out bad this time.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Titanium
    *grabs popcorn before thread blows up*

All right you dim witted Gm's, who's half witted idea was it to block the word Mafia. As an Italian-American I am deeply offended and astounded at the level of stupidity that some genius in Irvine decided that the word "mafia" was too harsh a word and needed to be blocked out. If that's the case, i want all street gangs names to be blocked too or this is bordering on the edges of racism.. names Like Bloods, Cryps, 8th Street Barrio... all them should be blocked too. You guys have stooped to a new level.

Either unblock my name in game or... there is no or. Just do it.

You guys cant fix Guild glitch, or half the other stupid crap that plagues this game, but you find the time to block the word "Mafia" What the hell you guys doing over there in that office building.. playing WOW. Dammit, knock this crap off.

Rant done for now.
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired
    Feared But Never Forgotten

no worries, they are going to fix it soon, just like before. However, I till feel like playing a stupid game with that much of censor

Cripboss ftw

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post

Seriously GM's yall are idiots when it comes to blocked words. In your ToS it STATES that you're not responsible for the content players say in the game. So QUIT trying to micromanage so much and just get rid of most censors. Just leave the normal game standard ones (f and s words). You make the game harder often because often those censors get in the way of normal typing.
    GM were not developer lol! They only here to facilitate the game. Think of that. There are huge different on GM and developer.

Thanks for the feedback. Being hostile is not needed.

I thought we established a better relationship by now. But it seems that is not the case. I'll take your feedback and unwarranted hostilities. But consider this your final warning. Violate any of our forum policy will result in your privilege being removed. That's for both of you Valdoroth and Razwordz

Stating your discontent in a constructive manner is better than making this post.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Being hostile is not needed.

I thought we established a better relationship by now. But it seems that is not the case. I'll take your feedback and unwarranted hostilities. But consider this your final warning. Violate any of our forum policy will result in your privilege being removed. That's for both of you Valdoroth and Razwordz

Stating your discontent in a constructive manner is better than making this post.
    I think Mafia's punishment for being disrespectful should be to leave "Mafia" blocked in game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast