Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW!!! Censoring to the extreme!

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Razwordz View Post
    All right you dim witted Gm's, who's half witted idea was it to block the word Mafia. As an Italian-American I am deeply offended and astounded at the level of stupidity that some genius in Irvine decided that the word "mafia" was too harsh a word and needed to be blocked out. If that's the case, i want all street gangs names to be blocked too or this is bordering on the edges of racism.. names Like Bloods, Cryps, 8th Street Barrio... all them should be blocked too. You guys have stooped to a new level.

Either unblock my name in game or... there is no or. Just do it.

You guys cant fix Guild glitch, or half the other stupid crap that plagues this game, but you find the time to block the word "Mafia" What the hell you guys doing over there in that office building.. playing WOW. Dammit, knock this crap off.

Rant done for now.
    What are you gonna do? Stop buying stuff from the cash shop? Like thats gonna do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Being hostile is not needed.

I thought we established a better relationship by now. But it seems that is not the case. I'll take your feedback and unwarranted hostilities. But consider this your final warning. Violate any of our forum policy will result in your privilege being removed. That's for both of you Valdoroth and Razwordz

Stating your discontent in a constructive manner is better than making this post.
    Ok Lorkan, try this one on for size then.

I find it rather curious as to why it is that most four letter words and other any words normally construed as considered foul in public places are not blocked however, a simple word to describe an old word east coast Italian "family" like Mafia manages to be blocked. Most of the words that you "GM's" or developers have decided to ban have work arounds so the word still appears and you guys have failed to achieve the end result you are looking for.

My frustration is not in this new form of repressive behavior on the games part to control the actions of its players, but rather then the fact that we have had major glitches and issues in game for some time now, and those go unresolved, but yet, lets take the time to come up with a list of words that we deem inappropriate for our players to be able to type, not realizing that most players are out of diapers and use these words on a daily a basis, and most of "your" players are smart enough to be able to type other characters to get the word out there and get their foul point across.

And as far as my unwarranted hostilities, I figured the whole 8th street Barrio was a clue to my sarcasm more than direct threat. No worries, I'm not coming over to the offices today to share this opinion in person. But being of Italian blood, I do have an Uncle Tony who might stop by.... for some pizza and calzones.

Oh, and I find it amusing that the word Hitler is blocked but at least 6 forms of vulgar slang for the female genitalia are still available for the world to type away. Guess I need to dumb down my vocabulary to be able to have a conversation in game nowadays.

With warmest regards

XXXXX

In case your not sure what that says.. It's MAFIA

:-)

Oh and BTW, in your free time, can you possibly look into getting the word mafia removed from this "block" list. I feel so cheated when people try and get my attn and all I see are a bunch of xxxxxx
    Last edited by Razwordz; 08-07-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired
    Feared But Never Forgotten

i wish i had a job where i could do as little as the gm's do around here. creating lists to block silly words while unblocking words that some might actually conciser offensive. while not fixing any of the issues that have been around for long periods of time. Bracelet of sage +7 or the typos in patch notes(the last patch notes with out any formatting for the merit system headache central), the guild glitch, the constant dc's, the lag, the help desk tickets response times, the gm's not being involved in the game any more. it was almost fun when players had to teach the gm's how to run dungeons cause they never bothered to learn, yep a few of us remember those days when you first started doing gm runs.

like how offensive is it to say gm.... general manager? game master? guild leader? i guess FraXXent of chaos was just to powerful of a word? oh here comes a big one, SiXXetal. yep that Sixxetal was just to powerful any more. got to get that high grade gear stuff ignore the forcium or archridium gear it isnt strong enough.

why is toilet blocked? lol

Thank you, Xi.
    I love my friends ^-^

Shadow Titanium
    Hey guise, lets have a m/a and break a bunch of shiiiit .

Quote Originally Posted by Razwordz View Post
    Ok Lorkan, try this one on for size then.

I find it rather curious as to why it is that most four letter words and other any words normally construed as considered foul in public places are not blocked however, a simple word to describe an old word east coast Italian "family" like Mafia manages to be blocked. Most of the words that you "GM's" or developers have decided to ban have work arounds so the word still appears and you guys have failed to achieve the end result you are looking for.

My frustration is not in this new form of repressive behavior on the games part to control the actions of its players, but rather then the fact that we have had major glitches and issues in game for some time now, and those go unresolved, but yet, lets take the time to come up with a list of words that we deem inappropriate for our players to be able to type, not realizing that most players are out of diapers and use these words on a daily a basis, and most of "your" players are smart enough to be able to type other characters to get the word out there and get their foul point across.

And as far as my unwarranted hostilities, I figured the whole 8th street Barrio was a clue to my sarcasm more than direct threat. No worries, I'm not coming over to the offices today to share this opinion in person. But being of Italian blood, I do have an Uncle Tony who might stop by.... for some pizza and calzones.

Oh, and I find it amusing that the word Hitler is blocked but at least 6 forms of vulgar slang for the female genitalia are still available for the world to type away. Guess I need to dumb down my vocabulary to be able to have a conversation in game nowadays.

With warmest regards

XXXXX

In case your not sure what that says.. It's MAFIA

:-)

Oh and BTW, in your free time, can you possibly look into getting the word mafia removed from this "block" list. I feel so cheated when people try and get my attn and all I see are a bunch of xxxxxx
    Again, the feedback was appreciated. The issue was the way the post was made, it was hostile/destructive. If it was a private message, yeah we can clown around. No problem. If it was for a mess around type of topic, sure! Go rage on bro! But this was more of a serious discussion. This affects not just NA but EU as well.

Yeah, we understand you're frustrated. The unnecessary censorship was reported already. The issue was escalated to our Dev Team, once we receive an answer whether it will stay or go away, is up to our Dev Team. We've already forwarded your concerns and we hope our community gets what they requested. At the very least for this.
    Last edited by [GM] Lorkan; 08-07-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Hey Lorkan could you get me an email from the devs about the progress of cabal 2 NA/EU release .because this one is 0 percent fun for the unfortunate. Prefer a response that doesn't have the words "soon" or "in the near future" I want an estimated month or range. -_______-

Thaaaaanks

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Lol lol
    So much rage
    Too funny
    Hahaha
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Titanium
    Hmmm , maybe a Profanity Filter where you can turn it on and off at your choice (in game) may be a good thing. ^_^

Lorkan, please explain why lots of Vietnamese words are censored ? vietnam (no space) is censored, dm, etc, are censored. Do you and GM staffs hold a grudge against Vietnamese ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast