Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notes on Character Builds

Notes on Character Builds

Food for thought. Take it or leave it.

- No character should have less than 200 dex, or 100 int. If you can get attack from dex, forget str.
    - Evasion is overpowered. Especially given the fact that you can get 500 crafted on a piece. That is five times an unextended slot. Crit damage is 1.8 times, crit rate is 1.8 times, amp is 1.14 times. All attack is six times. Not counting overcrafts, where Evasion gets even more ridiculous.
    - I strongly suspect there is a hard cap on resist rate around 50%. Tested with 40% rate against 50% resist rate, didn't crit attacking constantly for five minutes. Tested 54% rate against 56% resist rate, crit within 30 seconds. (This also seems to suggest you can lower someone's crit rate to 0%.)
    - There seems to be a very large difference between base attack beating someone's defense, and not.
    - With NA's population, defensive stats are busted except for resist rate, which is not busted (if you omit standing PvP, that is). Think about it: defense/offense are balanced for KR Cabal, where wars are five times as large. Five times as many people hitting you, and hitting you harder.
    - Ruby > Emerald > Sapphire > Amber. Deal with it. If you are breaking 3k defense, then Ruby > Amber ≈ Emerald > Sapphire.
    - HP regeneration is often overlooked, even though it multiplies by seven in war and is the only thing that can save you from HP down and add damage.
    - Accuracy. You need more than 1.5k to really hit people with high evasion. How much is high evasion? 6k+. Something only Blader and maybe Force Blader can achieve.
    - Attack Rate. Just another reason you cannot succeed with Red Osmium. Not in a post-extreme Cabal. I wouldn't play a character with under 5k Attack Rate if I cared about outputting damage.
    - If your base attack is less than 2.7k, you have low base. That is something that needs to be fixed before you can even think about doing damage. My Force Shielder, at level 172, without even close to complete gear, is at 3.2k defense (no aod, no bm, no aura, no buffs, no merit). Tell me again about that 2.5k base attack.
    - You can only think about maybe depending on crits if either a) your crit rate is over 75%, or b) you have skills to make your effective crit rate over 80%.
    - You can have all the CDI in the world, but when you have less than 20% amp, it will do you zero good against someone with HR20. Oh, you have 60% amp? No, that is 20% against people who are actually strong. Probably need to break 70 - 75% amp to start doing damage, so that's 110 - 115%.
    - If you can't hit 2.6 - 2.7k defense, you can't tank if you ever get hit. (See Evasion is overpowered.)
    - The ignore penetration merit tree is better than the ignore damage reduce tree. Period.

There's building to noob-stomp, and then there's building to play against people who are strong.
    Last edited by Enso; 08-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.

You don't get Dmg Reduce from Dex though. So I think it's a balance there. Base attack less than 2.7k? Uh that's like 90% of the player base?

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    You don't get Dmg Reduce from Dex though. So I think it's a balance there. Base attack less than 2.7k? Uh that's like 90% of the player base?
    I must be blind but where in Enso post did he say you get dmg reduce from dex? I think you mean you don't get attack from dex. Anyway, you forget that 90% of the player base uses different crappy variations - 7/40, 7/7/24, 15/24, etc. - of topaz/sig weapons so of course their base low. I do agree that 2.7k might be a bit too much. Personally I think people can slide by with 2.5k base because all people aim for is offensive stat like cdi or amp (even on their bike) and never base attack.

ok.

Shadow Titanium
    3.2k defense on 172 fs no bm no aod show me how. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

tl:dr pls

Dam you guys are throwing around some crazy stats. Those are 10bil plus stats lol.

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Shadow Titanium
    more like 50b+ lol to have 3.2k defnse

- Ruby > Emerald > Sapphire > Amber. Deal with it. If you are breaking 3k defense, then Ruby > Amber ≈ Emerald > Sapphire.

I think I just got cancer.
    Living life, peace out!

Shadow Titanium
    I believe level doesn't increase your defense that much so that 3k2 stay 3k2 till u 190 and to be honest 3k2 def is pretty OP gear. (keep in mind no one is even close to end game gear yet )
    2k7 atk is too much I know that you need them high but it is not worth fixing it and lose many other thing. 2k5 is good enough. Telling people to get 2k7 atk is like telling them to get forcium weapon +15 and you know it probably don't have critical rate in it. (since not everyone that rich).
    Evasion is good but you gonna need to build a lot for it to be effective. Can you get 6k evasion? (for now just take merit out of the picture) I thought 5k is max.
    Everyone goes for ignore damage reduce because simply it is offensive tree not necessary stronger but it is damage.
    Also keep in mind this game is not all about pvp even nation war has a lot of pve and pve is what get you to win the war.

Most of your post is ridiculous it is like telling people to get end game gear which is far from reality. 2k7 atk, 70+ amp, 75+ crit rate just really ? Look at raven stats I believe he use FC +15 extreme 2+ and his atk is 2767 that he is WA the 2nd class with the highest base atk.
    Still got to say that evasion is a good stats to invest in and that critical rate that u test is great.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast