Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I used to play in 2008. Should i come back?

Titanium

I used to play in 2008. Should i come back?

This game is by far the best game i've played on the PC, from wow to league to runescape...none were as fun as Cabal when i played in OGP/early ESTsoft days.

Thing is, it seems like everyone is fully decked out in +15 extended amp/crit gear...i want to come back and try gladiator but i feel like I'd just be too low tier to compete with everyone else.

Is Cabal worth coming back to? also shoutout to Darkninja64, the ruo extraxi guild, matrimoney and fierysaggitarius

If you're only casually playing to meet new people (or old ones) and running dungeons here and there, sure. But, if you plan on being competitive, you can forget about it unless you drop loads of cash. Sure you can still be competitive even if you don't USD, but by the time you reach the current meta, there would most likely be a new meta and so on. It just depends on whether or not you know how to build your char =]
    Last edited by Noona; 11-15-2014 at 01:21 PM.

No

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

mid tier gears are very cheap now, so it would be easy to do most things in game.

if you want to be top 50 player, it would be very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Noona View Post
    If you're only casually playing to meet new people (or old ones) and running dungeons here and there, sure. But, if you plan on being competitive, you can forget about it unless you drop loads of cash. Sure you can still be competitive even if you don't USD, but by the time you reach the current meta, there would most likely be a new meta and so on. It just depends on whether or not you know how to build your char =]
    This is a pretty accurate assessment. I would agree that casually go for it, but don't expect the luck to be greater than it was back then. It's the same still, just different items that used to sound epic are now just passable for running things.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    back when forcy amp was godlike now its scrub tier

Shadow Titanium
    If you want to clear dungeons that you failed before, welcome back.
    If you want to become Guardians/Bringers, well, give it a try with tons load of $$$

Shadow Titanium
    honestly if u wanna come back and play i suggest blowing a bit of money on a 190 toon and just gearing it enough to run dungeons up to FT2 without issues

try not to listen to the doom and gloom, you can deck out your char with craftsman sigmetal single slot for under 1 bil and +9 it to do all the things you'd like to do in this game minus run aft/eod3.

if you're starting from lvl 1, it takes about 2 week to get to lvl 160ish if you're playing casual and you know all the efficient way to level.

i know you can because that's exactly what i did this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantaco View Post
    back when forcy amp was godlike now its scrub tier
    I wear forcy amp =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast