Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with cabal

Lol one of these threads for 2015. Games broken not gonna change. Just play something else if you can't handle the agony :>

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by jamnotjelly View Post
    Lol one of these threads for 2015. Games broken not gonna change. Just play something else if you can't handle the agony :>

Game has gotten alot easier for new players, before it was alot harder to actually get geared and lvl.
    I seen people do dungeon with stit 7amp with no problem, thats like what? 10m each piece?
    Bracelets are about 10-40m now as well before they were 2b+
    Epaulet is about 500m-1b, before it was 3b
    Weapons could be a small issue but u can always just buy a normal 36cdi one, doesnt have to be 7/40 or 8/40 stuff.
    Lvling is easy as well, just takes time.
    As for events, its easy to make money off of them if your not planning to buy anything.
    Example: Last event red and green socks, new players can farm aos2 for w/e socks it drops and sell them. Yes they are new and might be clueless at times but thats why you join a guild and make friends, ask question. Cabal players are here to help but dont take "helping" as an excuse to ask for alz or free sht.

Quote Originally Posted by Noona View Post

Shadow Titanium
    Well i just wanna make my point that if there is no new player coming, this game will be dead simple input/output problem unless they wanna change things around.

Cabal e-sports

...just saiyan

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    _If i recall correctly the time it took me from 170-190 is 3x the time it took to get from 0-170, if that person doing 2week to get 170 then it would be about 8weeks to get 190 that is 2months (and I didn't count the gear they suppose to have to get to 190 in ECA or PI or AT...) Going from 0-170 is not hard but then how can you grind with shadow titanium +9 when you get to PI, AT or ECA ? also keep in mind when you dont have gear, EOD could take 25min, sod could take 10-15 min.
    _You need to consider the + also 10m/ pieces +9 +10 could be 50mil and x4. The fact that noone care about a 7amp drop then why not make it from 10mil to free? So according to you how many player can do dungeon that is stronger than MO ? (in % plz). Assume that the players which are <170 could not run anything stronger than MO that is like 50% of the population (i know there are 169 people with OP gear but there are just too little) plus not everyone that is >170 can run anything stronger than MO. Also the fact that in T5 i usually feel like i am the top 20% of players and i have never run FT2 awaken (i did AFI though) so that roughly how i come up with 80%. Also keep in mind in that 80% of the people, not everyone can run MO
    _White box event if i recall correctly, the price of the thing that you need to exchange for special shop item was at a point 400-500m. It never drop to that ever since, also, new player farm more from that event because they earn more, I remember in ornament event you easily get 100 ornament/AOS2 but look at the recent event, you get 60 max.
    _Go advertise your game as a grinding extensive game and see how would it work out, the point I want to make is luring new players into this game to keep the player base up. If you think the cabal population is increasing then you are on crack.
    _Extra question, how much alz can you earn from grinding in cabal/day? (on average) divide it by 5 and you get the alz that a new player get from grinding/day and let assume you need around 15bil to have a mediocre character then how much time would it take (if you get anything more than 6months then it is not acceptable noone would start a game knowing that they need 6+2months grinding just to get mediocre). Cabal is an old game the gap between old and new player is getting wider.
    _To noona: dying mean it is going to die in sometime not immediately, if you agree that the bars is lowering that mean the game is dying. If there are not enough people to keep this game going then that is dead not dying.
    _Another thing, Korean players were using at least 14amp gears when they have this update, compare that to our server. This is American not Korean
    I don't make assertions I can't back up, so no I won't take a wild guess at a percent of people who can or cannot do particular dungeons. That is riddled with ambiguity and is a pointless exercise.

You remember incorrectly. White boxes were 800m. Various items cost between eleven and 15 of them, plus additional alz. Somewhere on the order of 2-3b. Also between everyone I knew, no one got a single white box from the ones that could be farmed.

I never said the population was increasing. I said it isn't a "fact" that channel populations are decreasing, and I said the game isn't dying.

Where do you get your numbers? The things I do to get alz can be done at any level 100 or so and up. There is nothing stopping new players from getting alz. Also where do you get 15b is a mediocre character number? My character has about that much alz in gear value (probably a little less) and continuously scores 2nd highest in her class, and 7th-10th overall in the weekly ranking. Character build matters many times more than pure alz investment. (Also probably worth noting that I'm not a particularly good player in terms of technical ability, I make a lot of mistakes.)

As for your question about how much alz I get per day, it varies wildly. Yesterday I made about 600m, couple weeks before, I lost 2b. I'm not sure what your point is there. If I just tried to farm alz and did nothing else I could probably average 200-300m a day.

I do agree there is a gap in gear between old and new players, however new players have the advantage of not being burdened by old-style build thinking. I wouldn't underestimate that. Most people still build like it's 2010.

ETA: if you define "dying" as "won't be around forever", all games are dying. Will Cabal (or even computers capable of running it) be around in the year 3000? Unlikely.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    dem days when gmaster was the skill cap and you had to punch mobs for 1 hit each after buying magic to sword skill/sowrd to magic skill upgrade to grind skill level knew when the struggle was real
    Ah yes , OGP days , the struggle was real and prices back then were up in the sky lol

Shadow Titanium
    _I think we have different view about how "good" NA players are well no point argue about this since noone can provide a good proof anyway.
    _White box were 800m most of the time but drop to 400 500 at the end. Well let say 800m were the price, weren't the recently one more expensive than 800m ? I doesn't count it was easier to farm box in previous event. (I think they add box to item shop and decrease the drop rate)
    _Well IDK what you talking about when you say the bars are not lowering. Dying at a fast rate I might add, dying mean the game population is decreasing (you said it is not increasing so my bet is it is decreasing, since staying the same seem impossible). There are lot of old game the population is increasing at pretty fast rate, DOTA, LOL.
    _Since idk what you doing to make alz, I assume you run dungeon (all your previous post talking about running dungeon to get alz...). If it is running dungeon then you can divide by 5 (crap gear cant run any good dungeon, crap gear is 2, 3 times slower than you running any dungeon, crap gear waste more sp running dungeon). It is for calculate how long it would take a new player to get good gear. New games even Korean game doesn't grind as much any more, why not change the system now rather than keeping the old system?
    _With 15 bil here is what you can get 2 FC weapons +15 (2.5bil each), full FC 15 2.5bil x3, 8/20 helm, ring amulet epaulet .... That is pretty mediocre to me.
    _To be clear this is about getting more new players not about an old player who want to be lazy and ask the game to be easier so don't talk about me since I am old player.
    _You didnt talk about the gears difference between Korea server and this server, as I said same content Korean player 14 amp gear at least, us 8amp is that correct ? (actually I think the difference in gear even more).
    _Think about the game population 2 years ago now and imagine this game 2 years from now, I dont think it will stand.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    _I think we have different view about how "good" NA players are well no point argue about this since noone can provide a good proof anyway.
    _White box were 800m most of the time but drop to 400 500 at the end. Well let say 800m were the price, weren't the recently one more expensive than 800m ? I doesn't count it was easier to farm box in previous event. (I think they add box to item shop and decrease the drop rate)
    _Well IDK what you talking about when you say the bars are not lowering. Dying at a fast rate I might add, dying mean the game population is decreasing (you said it is not increasing so my bet is it is decreasing, since staying the same seem impossible). There are lot of old game the population is increasing at pretty fast rate, DOTA, LOL.
    _Since idk what you doing to make alz, I assume you run dungeon (all your previous post talking about running dungeon to get alz...). If it is running dungeon then you can divide by 5 (crap gear cant run any good dungeon, crap gear is 2, 3 times slower than you running any dungeon, crap gear waste more sp running dungeon). It is for calculate how long it would take a new player to get good gear. New games even Korean game doesn't grind as much any more, why not change the system now rather than keeping the old system?
    _With 15 bil here is what you can get 2 FC weapons +15 (2.5bil each), full FC 15 2.5bil x3, 8/20 helm, ring amulet epaulet .... That is pretty mediocre to me.
    _To be clear this is about getting more new players not about an old player who want to be lazy and ask the game to be easier so don't talk about me since I am old player.
    _You didnt talk about the gears difference between Korea server and this server, as I said same content Korean player 14 amp gear at least, us 8amp is that correct ? (actually I think the difference in gear even more).
    _Think about the game population 2 years ago now and imagine this game 2 years from now, I dont think it will stand.
    You're probably building incorrectly if 15b isn't enough to get gear to compete.

You're probably lazy if you can't make alz in this game.

That is all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast