Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladiator most fun skill: Fadeaway

Quote Originally Posted by delayed View Post

patience!

I have to wait for the proper time to record my content that will inform y'all on gl tricks.

I play at 15-20 fps and 300~400 ms most of the time.

I might end up showing the cool moves against training dummies.
    Recording in war wasn't productive.

Thanks for the hype.
    lmfaooooo xddd

BUMP VIDEO IS FINALLY HERE ! xDDDDD
    Went by the name of JackieMoon, PotsAndToes and LazarusProject.

Farewell,

RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

At least your AZN gifs and my noob content keeps the forums alive.

Farewell,

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    EDIT: VIDEO IS HERE! DDDD

Enjoi.

Video and explanation coming soon.

To prove my point.

If you know what I mean

Hi all, it's good to be back on forums.
    Thanks for sharing. Gladiator is like a blader and warrior combined so its an interesting class to play. Those skills with castin time that give you a decent amount to manually/automatically retarget an opponent in pvp will be your best utility imo. Your demonstration shows quite a few so let me say something about it

The ability to debuff on a training dummy is a good start. I hope by now, if you're willing to stick and improve these sets of combo you came up with, you'd be practicing this on moving targets until you eventually be comfortable using it in pvp war, freestyle and pk.

I hope you're aware though about the presence of rate resist gears because those are quite abundant among the high level and priviledged. I think you'll put yourself in great danger with those sets of skills if to be used in pvp againt these folks. So I would advice you to give consideration to the tempo of your combo. We have a skill that has a 70% chance to suppress, Moon Strike I believe, if you havent thought of its use then perhaps you should because it will be quite handy.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

numeric_keypad.jpg
    That's my skill bar for every type of content. (PvP and PvE) (my F1 bar)
    F1.jpg
    0 Combo key
    1 Eternal Slash 1~5
    2 Illusion Blade 1~3
    3 Crimson Blade 1~7
    4 Rising Storm 0~1
    5 Moon Strike (Suppression) 1~3
    6 Mystic Dash 1~13
    7 Fadeaway 4~5
    8 Rapid Dash 1~5
    9 Shawdow Step 1~3
    I play left hand on num key pad and right hand on mouse. This img is an example but my numkey pad is on laptop.

I use automatic retarget "z" key is right next to the 0 (combo key).
    So retarget is the "del." in War I use it between each 0s if I feel that the opponent is spamming fade/manual atk on me.
    It works alright most of the time even if it let me select another enemy sometimes. Pressing 2 times works most of the time if it's not crowded.

My fillers are 7-8-9.

4 is my combo debuff, dash, defense short, party exclusive, and all mentioned in video. I can even cast Regeneration the Auto Heal +30 in war if I lost it.

5 is my suppresion skill. I'll spam couple 0s and if I see the Proc losing Root and tries to escape I'll mix a 5 in my rotation to keep him close a little bit more time.

6 is my stun (2 secs) (force kick equivalent) long range, to chase, or start a combo from afar.

My PvP combo and DPS is 0-7-8-9-0-0-7-8-9-0-0 it give exactly a 11 combo. And his finisher is a 1~7 Crimson Blade skill very interesting.

*** Btw, all the skills that gets called under 0 key are the best imo. They have area, conic/piercing, even crimson blade have a great AoE effect.

Another combo I love to use when it's rly rly crowded is the 0-7-0-7-0-7-0-7...
    It maintains a Down +75% effect and it allows me to take less hits from the pack of enemies.

I do chase a bit sometimes but not extremely. Only 1 dash and hopefully it works, right under a 3 directionel tower base before enemy evades.

Here's my F3 bar that contains ranged combo.
    It can be a 1~7 combo or a very nice 1~5 if I spam 0-7-0-7-0-7-0-7-0-7....
    F3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Delayed; 04-29-2015 at 06:45 AM. Reason: img too small Dx click on it

Farewell,

You didn't have to exaggerate your set up. Pretty sure you already know we all have different arrangements when it comes to that. Anyway you're right about not chasing too much leave it for the wi's, you're gladiator and crowd control is your job.

So given that your focus in pvp is war how could you tell us in a nutshell the benefits or that perk of the fade away skill? Is it really just to k.down and take less hits? Will this skill also be beneficial to a GvG scenario where there's less amount of hp (hence less amount of time) to figure out a move before wrecking or dying? Because since your combo sets are crowd control based, and you said its fun and you make it sound it works it should just make sense to be part of an effective combo right. Have u tried that kind of pvp crowd scenario?

The fadeaway skill is GL exclusive and for the very 1st time in cabal, you can officially pop a defensive short during the combo instead of waiting your combo to finish and get stun lock to death. FBs have an easy time with all 0.9 second cast time debuffs at start or end of combo. They could debuff middle because an enemy can possibly get out of the 1~4 range. By trying to escape for example.

Example, for WI,
    Your skill bar that uses Cannons/Lances, I'll have Burning Hand skill 1~2 range at skill #7, and will cast SI, or Mass Restore during combo.

Doing stuff in combo increases efficiency on time management and overall performance.

GL is privileged to have a skill that makes his position go backwards.

No way the GL can crowd control at all, he's in no way a Guardian (L) base blocker.
    No Intuition, No Bear's Vitality, No High Regens, No 1~7 Range AoE FA berserk bm3, no AoD, no Execrations
    -> just a regular Absorb skill that sponges 1 Assassinate skill of a good FB.
    Last edited by Delayed; 04-29-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Farewell,

I think the part where we crowd control is when we wipe them out or for the lack of a better word annihilate the weak portion of the crowd with the "great" AoE skills like those you've introduced... That the gladiators purpose in this crowd control agenda is to finish, to lessen the number of mobs, to interrupt and influence the outcomes of encounters between the pushing/defending group. hmmm? Cant this be doable in bm1?

I know how combo mode works. I played wizard before and made use of dash + fade + blink in combo to energy field a target I'm chasing so I know what u mean.
    But I'm gladiator now, a beginner, and I really want to hear from other people how this class works.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    you're gladiator and crowd control is your job.
    best joke 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    But I'm gladiator now, a beginner, and I really want to hear from other people how this class works.
    you're getting a bunch of valid info/points. however, all you do is beat around it and try to go with your own opinions. but that's typical so...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast