Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal Damage Formula.

Trainee

Cabal Damage Formula.

Okay... apparently NOBODY knows the NEW cabal damage formula. And the GM's told me they won't tell me it, and to ask on here instead.

Does anyone know? I challenge you all to figure it out. Cabal needs a damage calc spreadsheet like the old days.

Thanks!

Trainee
    bump.

No one knows, sorry.
    RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

not again...

alright bro i got you pay close attention

you take the LOG function of your attack...divide it by your AMP factorial. With that value, you proceed to multiply it by your Critical Dmg, subtract your critical rate from it, and add it to your Add Dmg. After that you get their defense and you divide it by your Min Dmg. You get this value and u subract it from the value you had before, with this new value you multiply it to your attack rate and defense rate, divide by the Limit of your evasion as it approaches infinity. After you done that, you subtract their defense from your value, and you should have the Rough damage on the person or monster.

HOPE THIS HELPED

SOURCES:
    www.wikipedia.com/burningraven/helpfulguides

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by doomer123 View Post
    No one knows, sorry.
    Damn, that sux. I remember LastHour and sheep used to make all the spreadsheets on these forums for damage calc... If anyone could figure out the new formula, that'd be a great help for other Cabalians.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettezr1 View Post
    not again...
    I'm sorry. If you feel that this kind of information is not important for cabal, please browse another thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by parkerpoop; 04-23-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Trainee
    bump

@parkerpoop

Let's say you have 1500 Atk as a FB.

With accessories and gear you have 35% amp, and you use a fictitious skilled (75% skill +634 Additional Atk).

You take your base 1500 and multiply it by 110% amp which is a 2.20 multiplier I believe.

Yellow hit (non crit) for that skill should be around (1500 x 2.20) + (634) = 3934

With a critical damage of 120 % then it would kinda be ((1500 x 2.20) x 2.4) + (634) = 8554

When it comes down to PvE, there's a virtual value that decreases or increases your damage.
    We're talking about a significant reduction if the mob is 5 to 10 + levels than you and a significant increase if you're higher level.

It's not the real formula but it's a great place to start.
    Last edited by Delayed; 04-24-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Went by the name of JackieMoon, PotsAndToes and LazarusProject.

Farewell,

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    @parkerpoop

Let's say you have 1500 Atk as a FB.

With accessories and gear you have 35% amp, and you use a fictitious skilled (75% skill +634 Additional Atk).

You take your base 1500 and multiply it by 110% amp which is a 2.20 multiplier I believe.

Yellow hit (non crit) for that skill should be around (1500 x 2.20) + (634) = 3934

With a critical damage of 120 % then it would kinda be ((1500 x 2.20) x 2.4) + (634) = 8554

When it comes down to PvE, there's a virtual value that decreases or increases your damage.
    We're talking about a significant reduction if the mob is 5 to 10 + levels than you and a significant increase if you're higher level.

It's not the real formula but it's a great place to start.
    Thanks, man, I appreciate that. This is pretty much what it used to be though. I tested an impact stab on someone 10 lvls higher than me while having 2.1k atk and 55 amp while they had 1.67k def, and the result was a 180 non-crit. I have no idea how to calc that accurately, but I think it might be something along the lines of (total atk(total amp))/def*0.001 and then add and subract damage reduce and penetration. Something along those lines, but not quite. Still trying to brainstorm. On monsters, you're right, level does seem to make a huge difference, and I'm struggling with figuring out how exactly each level affects damage.

Okay so let's just put PvP aside.
    Amp Skill Resist, very high Defense, and Damage Reduce makes the simple dmg output formula extremely mind boggling.

PvE wise, I can understand your concern.
    Though, every Cabal boss have different Defense mechanisms and stats.

It remains that the level plays a high part in Dmg Ouput decrease/increase.
    Knowing the value would require a FB for example and test with Enervation skill Level -12.
    Player being lv 150, he should cast it on a ~ lv 160 mob then test a skill, than re-test on enemy with his normal level.
    Compare both results and you'll have something in general. What scares me is exponent values. They're hard to figure out.
    Last edited by Delayed; 04-24-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    Went by the name of JackieMoon, PotsAndToes and LazarusProject.

Farewell,

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    Okay so let's just put PvP aside.
    Amp Skill Resist, very high Defense, and Damage Reduce makes the simple dmg output formula extremely mind boggling.

PvE wise, I can understand your concern.
    Though, every Cabal boss have different Defense mechanisms and stats.

It remains that the level plays a high part in Dmg Ouput decrease/increase.
    Knowing the value would require a FB for example and test with Enervation skill Level -12.
    Player being lv 150, he should cast it on a ~ lv 160 mob then test a skill, than re-test on enemy with his normal level.
    Compare both results and you'll have something in general. What scares me is exponent values. They're hard to figure out.
    I see. Seems like cracking an actual formula for Cabal is super cryptic now. But I won't give up! Maybe you, me, or anyone else will eventually be able to track it down. Little by little. I'll play around some more and see if I can come up with anything and report back here.

Again, thanks for your input, man. Good to see that someone else is interested in being efficient and cracking the codes of this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast