Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How to win war 101

Quote Originally Posted by Razwordz View Post
    Wow, I can't believe this has gone on for this long. Let me make a few points then you can continue the flame war.

War has, and always been a battle that depends heavily on the strongest players. Most weak/lower level players either run with the pack since there is protection in numbers, or avoid conflict whenever possible and stay away from main skirmishes. Now, if you have a group of well balanced strong players in one guild, then lets assume that they are communicating in some sort of VOIP and are able to coordinate attacks and defensive positions. This makes war more organized and also gives the impression that they are carrying war. I can tell you from being Bringer for most of 2014, no one listens to bringer shouts so this is probably the worst way to communicate. Not 1 guild can carry a war, but yes a strong guild can tip the balance in their favor, as long as all the other players in that nation are doing their job.

As far as Caps being geared. I too can think of maybe 2-3 players cap side that when I see in war, I check my BM status and HP to make sure I can go toe to toe. Seyrisa is by far the most tanky player (other than FS in AOD) but has little dmg output to make a difference when it comes to big pushes. He plays his role well, as I usually see him defending. Cant think of any Cap WA that does major dmg, their just annoying with knock down. Faii is pretty decent geared from what I can tell by his dmg, but in my opinion, spends too much time defending. Your not at the level yet where you should consider your self a tank. You are better utilized in pushes. Temporal is a ok WI on Cap side, but don't get your ego inflated, your dmg is still lacking and you take dmg like a p0rnstar takes the money shot to the face. You rely on odds way too much btw. Your FA's are uselsss, other than following Seyrisa around to unroot so he doesn't die. (Good tactic btw, but a waste of the DPS they can provide if they were pushing.) FS and Bl, cant even think of any names. Generation doesn't play enough to be a factor.

Im not gonna name Proc players that are OP since I will be accused of playing favorites, but lets just say that proc power does outnumber cap side by a big advantage. (If we can just get Proc WA to stop farming for Bringer and actually learn their role in war.)

So, since Spartans have decided to go proc, cap side has little of any power to talk of. But to say that Spartans carries war, is a laugh. They have some pretty damn strong peeps, but no guild will determine the outcome of every war. Those days are long gone when only a few players were so OP that they can destroy the opposing nation at a whim. This was not a dig at Spartans, not in the least. But no guild can carry a nation, nor will they ever.

You can carry on now ! ! ! !

Oh and doomer, flame if you must, but deny the truth you cant.
    thanks for the compliments, I won't ever be a tank nor do I desire to be one with my build, I try to take as much hits as I can, simple as that. About war, cap is a dead nation now so theres not much to say. I'll try to be an obstacle in proc's way of calling in 15 mins due to cap's lack of manpower right now. Have a nice day
    ~Faii

Quote Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
    thanks for the compliments, I won't ever be a tank nor do I desire to be one with my build, I try to take as much hits as I can, simple as that. About war, cap is a dead nation now so theres not much to say. I'll try to be an obstacle in proc's way of calling in 15 mins due to cap's lack of manpower right now. Have a nice day
    ~Faii
    I see your point. I have seen you defend a lot more recently than before. I guess if I was in your shoes, and I thought my nation was going to get called quickly, I would also try and be an annoyance and slow there push. Retraction of my comment is warranted since that is a valid tactic.

But this is the part of war that people don't get. Faii realizing that his nation might not have the power to pull out a win, so he changes his tactic and the role his Char is supposed to play in war. Most people won't do this or just don't understand what they are supposed to do. I applaud you on changing your role in war when your nation is at a disadvantage. I only wish more people look at war for what it is, and not the point farming system it has turned into today.
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired
    Feared But Never Forgotten

When i was cap i found fighting procs lot easier than now fighting caps,there r more caps with resist than procs.mafia u say spartans didnt carry cap nation but ur also saying since we came to proc side caps have little to any power at all.imo we made a huge difference in cap side.they always try to flame faii about anything they can think of,if he push they flame,if he defend they flame just cuz they see his score x2 higher than them thats enough for trash talk. There r a lot of reasons we decided to come proc 1 of them.is to prove 10m cant do nothing specially carry war or guide,they care too much of keeping sey alive and hunting in groups of 3-4.idk if u have been in cap nation but 1 of the ppl who QQ the most is sey,he will qq if he see ir score higher than his,he will qq of not winning war cuz we dont defend or push enough,he will qq if he only sees u fighting guards (smalls or not) and so on.... so yeah now they can enjoy not having bonus for a long a$$ time.we did hold caps together.like mostly all caps have told me" since u guys left cap side fails now"
    Living life, peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by xFear View Post
    When i was cap i found fighting procs lot easier than now fighting caps,there r more caps with resist than procs.mafia u say spartans didnt carry cap nation but ur also saying since we came to proc side caps have little to any power at all.imo we made a huge difference in cap side.they always try to flame faii about anything they can think of,if he push they flame,if he defend they flame just cuz they see his score x2 higher than them thats enough for trash talk. There r a lot of reasons we decided to come proc 1 of them.is to prove 10m cant do nothing specially carry war or guide,they care too much of keeping sey alive and hunting in groups of 3-4.idk if u have been in cap nation but 1 of the ppl who QQ the most is sey,he will qq if he see ir score higher than his,he will qq of not winning war cuz we dont defend or push enough,he will qq if he only sees u fighting guards (smalls or not) and so on.... so yeah now they can enjoy not having bonus for a long a$$ time.we did hold caps together.like mostly all caps have told me" since u guys left cap side fails now"
    Ok. There is a difference between carrying a nation and tipping the scales in its favor. To say that proc nation was nothing before Spartans came over is not anything you should try at this point. Up until most of Sei went in Witness Relocation, caps had little if not any chance to win war, but I never felt we "carried" the nation. Again, see my original comment as to why it seems a particular strong guild can give the perception of carrying.

Plus. if you look at war scores at the end of each war, who's on top in your guild? Vincent? That's not too good for your argument seeing that he has made it clear that he is farming for Bringer. I spent 2 wars this week dong nothing but following him around and all he does is go from one farm spot to another. I get that he is geared, but he is a waste of pixels and does nothing for the proc nation in war. Empyrean, don't see him war that much. Not trying to knock down your guild, you guys got strong players, but you cant in all honestly say you carry the nation. Next war, look at the top 10 players, if they are all Spartans (that actually war and not farm) then I will gladly concede to your point. But we both know, that isn't the case.

You guys have tipped the scales to ensure a win on proc side maybe 75% of the time, but no guild can carry at this point.
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired

Oh, and how exactly did that work out for Vincent farming all week for Bringer?
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired

hi mr delusional how is life up there in your make believe fantasy
    RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

Ok. There is a difference between carrying a nation and tipping the scales in its favor. To say that proc nation was nothing before Spartans came over is not anything you should try at this point. Up until most of Sei went in Witness Relocation, caps had little if not any chance to win war, but I never felt we "carried" the nation. Again, see my original comment as to why it seems a particular strong guild can give the perception of carrying.
    1 guild does carry a whole nation if theres enough strong ppl.
    ^ thats like when sei had all their strong active players and u guys made a big difference with all the 34 amp gear and $h1t,its the same with caps and spartans,u only have 1 strong player from 10m and its sey he does a good job defending and delaying procs,and then u have 3-4 parties of spartan members(when we were caps) with gear beyond compare with rest of cap nation.idk if u dont wanna admit it but procs werent winning as much as before and many ppl didnt wanna war cuz it was all about pushing,wins were favored for caps and every1 knows that. for whatever reason strongest party was us.to me carrying a nation is ensuring wins ( any possible way),guiding every1 where to go and such.it looks like im bragging but truth is when u compare cap nation and its members and u dont include spartans its a big hole to fill and its been shown already on bonus war.sadly its that way and i wish ppl got better and didnt try to gear up,get frustrated half way and then quit.

lets say bonus war u have a 30 members war
    spartans list:me,vik,ton,raun,vincen,faii,gom,chill,tp,cora ,sin,blood,knitemare,lemin,kathy,yumin,letmetry,ke to,alha,julius,templar,rupture,enforcer,and thats only our main ppl,theres still other members who can war if we need them.and thats already more than 50% war list,then u have 1 and half pty from 10m and ascension at most.so tell me which guild is predominant other than us if we fully switch to either nation?
    Living life, peace out!

^ lets say bonus war u have a 30 members war
    spartans list:me,vik,ton,raun,vincen,faii,gom,chill,tp,cora ,sin,blood,knitemare,lemin,kathy,yumin,letmetry,ke to,alha,julius,templar,rupture,enforcer,and thats only our main ppl,theres still other members who can war if we need them.and thats already more than 50% war list,then u have 1 and half pty from 10m and ascension at most.so tell me which guild is predominant other than us if we fully switch to either nation?
    Why name all these people? I would only say that half of them war on a regular basis, and of that half, maybe 3-4 can be considered end game. Now this is my own personal opinion. But I believe it is common knowledge that every class can score 1k+ points in war (without farming) and to me, that is what I use as my own personal barometer to determine if someone is epically geared. Now, how many of those that you named score 1k+ each war without farming?

I will easily agree with you that other than Sey, caps have no one right now that I can think of that is considered end game. Also, I will agree with you that Spartans plays a considerable role right now in determining the balance of war wins since you have a considerable amount of people that war, and some with decent gear. I guess I just don't agree with the terminology of carrying a nation. It sounds to egotistical to me. War is a team effort, even the low 170's have their role they need to play. So that seems to be what all my rants have boiled down to. I guess if you want to say that Spartans "carries" Procs right now, you can use whatever terminology you want. I guess im ok with that, cause my shoulders are damn tired from carrying it for the last 18 months. :-)

And how the hell did you and I get suked into this crap?
    MafiaBoss - The One FA
    Raz - 180 Wiz - Retired

Titanium
    I agree with mafia that it's a team/nation effort as well imo.

And how the hell did you and I get suked into this crap?
    idk lets get away from all of this @_@
    Living life, peace out!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast