Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Resist

On Resist

Example:

Character 1 has 57/53 crit rate
    Character 2 has 7 resist crit rate

when they duel, what is the effective cr of character 1? 50 or 46? Thanks. Sure answers only please.

Only people who can give you a "sure" answer on that are EST employees with access to the game's server source code.

In lieu of that, based on the effect crit rate debuffs have, I would guess 50.

Shadow Titanium
    why dont you remove all crit rate item and try if 5% base crit rate can work against 7% resist
    you'll get the answer

Quote Originally Posted by hanhnn13 View Post
    why dont you remove all crit rate item and try if 5% base crit rate can work against 7% resist
    you'll get the answer
    The question is about whether resist crit rate or max rate applies first, not whether there is a 1:1 ratio between resist crit rate and crit rate.

Quote Originally Posted by hanhnn13 View Post
    you'll get the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    The question is about whether resist crit rate or max rate applies first, not whether there is a 1:1 ratio between resist crit rate and crit rate.
    this.

so a class which overshoots its mcri by a mile (read: fb lol) stand in good stead against even the most cri resistant player huh. I see. So wth is mcri for? Picking up on the logic, anyone can cri, say 67% of the time out of again say 60 max cr. The former figure is the one that stands to be resisted anyway.

This has been tested and confirmed to be 46 per the example above. 53-7 = 46
    i.e.
    RATE (LIMIT MAX RATE) - OPPONENT RESIST RATE = EFFECTIVE RATE

57 RATE (52 MAX RATE) - 7 OPPONENT RESIST RATE = 46 EFFECTIVE RATE

Note: Your effective rate will always be limited by your max rate... Hence, max rate / rate balance is one of the most important character strength traits.

Additional Notes: Rate cannot be lowered past 5%, i.e. 5-7 = 5 per the example above. Similarly, rate cannot exceed 95%.

I hope this helps,
    ~ManBear
    Last edited by ManBear; 07-21-2015 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBear View Post
    i agree with this. If this wasn't the case, then max critical rate is obsolete and everyone would just push for all rate gear to get 100(95)/50
    Additional Notes: Rate cannot be lowered past 5%, i.e. 5-7 = 5 per the example above.
    The video i linked is like 5 years old, are you sure it is still the case at present? i tested with fa bm2 with base rate 5 on my friend that had 5 rcr and didn't crit once in 2 bm2. when my friend take off glove they have 2 rcr and i was able to crit

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    i agree with this. If this wasn't the case, then max critical rate is obsolete and everyone would just push for all rate gear to get 100(95)/50
    That implies that people actually test out their builds. Or even think about them beyond what other people are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    The video i linked is like 5 years old, are you sure it is still the case at present? i tested with fa bm2 with base rate 5 on my friend that had 5 rcr and didn't crit once in 2 bm2. when my friend take off glove they have 2 rcr and i was able to crit
    Those have been my results as well.

i.e.
    RATE (LIMIT MAX RATE) - OPPONENT RESIST RATE = EFFECTIVE RATE

57 RATE (52 MAX RATE) - 7 OPPONENT RESIST RATE = 46 EFFECTIVE RATE

Note: Your effective rate will always be limited by your max rate... Hence, max rate / rate balance is one of the most important character strength traits.

Additional Notes: Rate cannot be lowered past 5%, i.e. 5-7 = 5 per the example above. Similarly, rate cannot exceed 95%.

I hope this helps,
    ~ManBear
    Thanks.

on a lighter side of things

still hits for 2k per even with negative cr and cd lol
    Last edited by Andrea; 07-22-2015 at 05:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast