Quote Originally Posted by MhyCheese View Post
Am not trying to play for score. If score was my goal then yes i'd stick to my aoe's. Trying to kill someone by spamming aoe's isn't going to do that unless i outgeared them by a lot which i don't. High hp absorb and hp limit is not going to save you from 5 guys teaming up on you unless you have the defence and resist crit dmg to back it up. HR 20 is not sufficient alone. These days everyone is walking around with +15 forcy weapon and a lot with amp sloted gear.

Ive noticed a huge difference from say 4-5 months ago in dps compared to now. Before I was much less geared and could withstand an entire root. Now I'm more geared and die almost instantly. Ive adapted my gameplay to people's dps. So yes, i do run a lot because im very well aware of 1 root = death. In the end I'm contributing to my nation. 1 person distracting a group of people worth it? Think a lot of people would agree it is.

What are you doing in war? Farming? I like farmers, we need them and i get to do what I like because of them which is defend but you guys dont do anything special. Anyone can do it.
If you're dying in one root, you shouldn't be engaging in that situation to start with.

To really be effective defending you have to either make the opponents hit *you*, or kill them outright. I think it's clear you don't wipe out waves, so your only remaining option is to make caps hit you instead of the guard. But when they do that, you run within a few seconds.

Look at this. Before other people showed up, notice how all five procs are hitting me (and debuffing, which I notice you rarely get if at all). Those 30 seconds, three of them wasted 20% of their BM3 time and 2/3 of the FB blew their root. Not only that, but I got my team to come kill them because I knew I wouldn't do enough damage on my own. When I backed out, it was after 50 seconds of constantly taking damage.

Or here. Within one combo they were all either dead or low enough the wizards could pick them off, and they had done a whopping 3k damage to me as well as wasting a panic cry.

Or here. Are you really sure one root is one kill for everyone? How many procs do you think are there? I count eleven or twelve. After the root hits, only two or three are actually hitting the guard. Not to mention pretty much every debuff in the book except for panic cry. At the end of the first root, my HP is somewhere around 45-50k.

Notice how technical ability is essentially of zero importance.

If you can't do things like that, it's very likely defending is not an effective strategy for contributing to your nation. If it's just what you like best and that's why you do it, that's fine.