Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Chasing and Running

On Chasing and Running

Playing on wizard, I see a lot of people do a lot of stupid things trying to run away. Also see a lot of wizards doing the wrong things to try and catch runners. Here are just a few tips to use and behaviors to avoid, with video timestamp for each.

First clip: I think he was rooted before, but really, run before your HP is a sliver.

Second clip: First, he ran too late. Way too late. Also didn't run far enough. Assuming a wizard will not chase is a pretty poor bet.

Third clip: Way too little HP, again. I feel like people forget that they will continue to lose HP after they start running. Leaving at least 30-40% is probably ideal.

Fourth clip: Have HP packs on your bar if you are ever in danger of dying. There is no way I should have caught him, I had to wait for AoFC root to end, then extend. No excuse.

Fifth clip: Couple things on this. While being chased is not the correct time to heal. +756, -6.3k is not a good trade. Also, bikes are useless. If you'll notice, *I got stuck* going through the medium, and still had no problem catching up because of the bike cast time.

Sixth clip: Know where you're going to run and plan a course. He ran too late, but chances are I would have not chased if he had run toward center after casting intuition. (This is probably just me, but I don't chase if there's no point, and defending w8 was more important than killing a single blader. It was his own fault he ran where I was already planning to go.)

Seventh clip: For the love of god, do not try to face someone 20% vs 100%. He had only himself to blame for that death.

Eighth clip: Bikes. Are. Useless.

Ninth clip: Quick Move will not save you if you don't already have high evasion and defense rate. Had to wait a few seconds for AoFC root, and let's count how many misses and blocks... oh, zero.

Tenth clip: Don't run in the same direction a wizard just did.

For chasing, notice how many times blink combo would have made a real difference: pretty close to none. Just preventing healing is plenty if you have enough damage to be chasing anyway. Technical skill doesn't make nearly as much of a difference as deciding correctly what to do at any given moment.

Build also matters--jokers missing/blocking a quarter of the time should not be chasing anyone.

Fourth Clip... @ 37:50 He was attacked by the base... u killed him at 37:44 ...
    thats 6 seconds from the time the base hit him to when you hit him...(and im tlkn about the base, not the guard).. maybe 5 & 1/2seconds if u wanna get technical, which sometimes i think it glitches or for lag purposes hp packs do not allow you to heal right away with only 5 seconds of time, because i do have my hp packs on my bar and it takes a little while longer to heal...usually longer than 6 seconds.

Fifth Clip... I'm not exactly sure the FA knew you were going to chase him, maybe he didnt think he was the weakest link in the group that he was with. So he went behind a boarder as fast as he could to get a pre heal before he would use hp packs. When he noticed you were actually chasing him, he proceeded to run away and hop on his bike.
    I personally, don't run very far away if i don't have to. and i die maybe twice a war, unless i'm being lazy... or hunted by armyofchaos

Sixth Clip... wizards haha

Ninth Clip... does anyone ever escape you? i mean wtf 26 kills ? with 21 mins left to go? With that being said, you're probably the exception of people having to play with the guidelines you are expressing, i doubt many wiz do the things that are displayed in this video. Also.. he was already low hp, what other chance did he have? To just try and run? Why not cast a quick move and then run...If you have another option, i would like to hear it.
    some players play optimistically and think for example "maybe i can get away OR dodge a few bullets before he gives up in his pursuit or an fb roots him or he gets suppressed" etc. Which i don't disagree with.
    Notice third clip: A wi "zrosez" that was with you did not chase nor make an attempt to get that low hp fb u killed. You could say he saw you chase first and didnt want to waste time going after the same person,but to him and most wi's that double stack looked more appealing.

Tenth clip: Why even switch rings while chasing? why not just hit him, you have 3 magic atk ability pots stacked, pw5 penetration bike i'm sure... double amp gears... he's 5% hp or less.. With your gears.. i would automatically assume personally, that you out gear him in terms of
    your damge> his defense. And look at your misses? i didn't see any.....

inventory at 28:16... full arch gears(besides a weapon and 7/40 sig helmet)... more than likely the double amp gear posted by 10mwasted Listed Here

Not saying that you're not good, just expressing my opinions on your statements/actions and i assume you're up for discussion, because you posted it on the forums, which is ment for discussions unless stated otherwise.

Hey thanks for the thoughtful response.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kronius View Post
    Fourth Clip... @ 37:50 He was attacked by the base... u killed him at 37:44 ...
    thats 6 seconds from the time the base hit him to when you hit him...(and im tlkn about the base, not the guard).. maybe 5 & 1/2seconds if u wanna get technical, which sometimes i think it glitches or for lag purposes hp packs do not allow you to heal right away with only 5 seconds of time, because i do have my hp packs on my bar and it takes a little while longer to heal...usually longer than 6 seconds.
    That's why I mentioned having the HP packs immediately available. It isn't clear from the video but I am constantly spamming mine any time I'm not actively engaged. Though that is only half the issue--I think I linked a couple seconds after, but when I showed up he was in Bloody Spirit and had Panic Cry on him then let me hit him several times before cancelling/running. A smarter play would have probably been to immediately cancel and run the second I cast AoFC. Ten seconds of me not being able to blink/dash/fade should be plenty of time for anyone to run away.

Fifth Clip... I'm not exactly sure the FA knew you were going to chase him, maybe he didnt think he was the weakest link in the group that he was with. So he went behind a boarder as fast as he could to get a pre heal before he would use hp packs. When he noticed you were actually chasing him, he proceeded to run away and hop on his bike.
    I personally, don't run very far away if i don't have to. and i die maybe twice a war, unless i'm being lazy... or hunted by armyofchaos
    Yeah, it's possible that he didn't think I would chase him. Though, I think it's a fair assumption that if you're running away with low HP, you're going to be chased.

Sixth Clip... wizards haha

Ninth Clip... does anyone ever escape you? i mean wtf 26 kills ? with 21 mins left to go? With that being said, you're probably the exception of people having to play with the guidelines you are expressing, i doubt many wiz do the things that are displayed in this video. Also.. he was already low hp, what other chance did he have? To just try and run? Why not cast a quick move and then run...If you have another option, i would like to hear it.
    some players play optimistically and think for example "maybe i can get away OR dodge a few bullets before he gives up in his pursuit or an fb roots him or he gets suppressed" etc. Which i don't disagree with.
    Notice third clip: A wi "zrosez" that was with you did not chase nor make an attempt to get that low hp fb u killed. You could say he saw you chase first and didnt want to waste time going after the same person,but to him and most wi's that double stack looked more appealing.
    No one escapes me because I only chase people I can kill. The option he should have chosen was to run before his HP was so low. There is a point in the video where I have just two people attacking me while I'm rooted, and at the end I have something like 40% left. I still ran and healed because I don't want to get in a situation where I can't take a few hits. I think that was the case where I came back and the FB hadn't healed yet and I killed him with zero effort. Keeping HP as close to 100% as possible at all times is paramount. (ETA: here is that part where I get rooted: https://youtu.be/wZyhezC1Kx4?t=13m53s)

Tenth clip: Why even switch rings while chasing? why not just hit him, you have 3 magic atk ability pots stacked, pw5 penetration bike i'm sure... double amp gears... he's 5% hp or less.. With your gears.. i would automatically assume personally, that you out gear him in terms of
    your damge> his defense. And look at your misses? i didn't see any.....

inventory at 28:16... full arch gears(besides a weapon and 7/40 sig helmet)... more than likely the double amp gear posted by 10mwasted Listed Here

Not saying that you're not good, just expressing my opinions on your statements/actions and i assume you're up for discussion, because you posted it on the forums, which is ment for discussions unless stated otherwise.
    I probably switched rings just out of habit.

Yes, a lot of my items are in that thread. However, I was built in a way most would call "bad". Under 130 crit damage, under 55 rate. So that's something to consider.

Part of my point is that you don't have to be technically good (in terms of character control, etc) to be effective. Decision making plays a big part.
    Last edited by Enso; 10-05-2015 at 12:28 PM.

1) true.. i need to do that more often, but i have human fingers and they get so sore. I'm currently working on a 1k medal project. So i'm doing a lot of auto bm3 atkng etc.. I didn't see his panic cry...must have missed that, thats nuts he wouldnt cancel bs. but u know Wa egos.

2)Nah, i still believe you have roughly a 25% chance of actually being chased by a wi... unless it's "Enso" because rarely am i chased by any wi.

3) I think he was trying to kill that guard asap, because it looked like war was about to get called.. soemtimes i will die trying to kill a guard that has low hp if i know the whole nation is out to kill, because they have no mor guards to take, just so war lasts a while longer. Id rather just die attacking guard and re-spawn, than run to delay my actual death from 6 or more caps and waste more time and ultimately not get the base.
    Just mo.

4) Thats what i thought u did, but wasn't sure lol. Wtf u have less rate than me? Impossible. Wtf under 130 cdi? no way lol. there's no way.

Right, decision plays do make a lot. Helps to have skill, but i do agree decision making is a key valuable. I didn't really see much or any blink comboing from you(I also probably didn't watch enough of it), just smart decision making.

So with your gear up for sale, are you quitting wizard too? and.. is that fb gear seyrisa's gear or nexios? =b
    Last edited by Lord Kronius; 10-05-2015 at 12:52 PM.

1) true.. i need to do that more often, but i have human fingers and they get so sore. I'm currently working on a 1k medal project. So i'm doing a lot of auto bm3 atkng etc.. I didn't see his panic cry...must have missed that, thats nuts he wouldnt cancel bs. but u know Wa egos.
    I have a lot of re-mappings, but I end up hitting it with my thumb and that has a lot more stamina than my other fingers for hitting keys.

2)Nah, i still believe you have roughly a 25% chance of actually being chased by a wi... unless it's "Enso" because rarely am i chased by any wi.
    I must end up playing characters that get targeted. I am very rarely let go. xD

3) I think he was trying to kill that guard asap, because it looked like war was about to get called.. soemtimes i will die trying to kill a guard that has low hp if i know the whole nation is out to kill, because they have no mor guards to take, just so war lasts a while longer. Id rather just die attacking guard and re-spawn, than run to delay my actual death from 6 or more caps and waste more time and ultimately not get the base.
    Just mo.
    Yeah, though it isn't like I went very far away. A lot of it is about situational awareness—if someone backs out just a few steps, chances are they'll come back. And if they just kicked your ass, maybe getting some HP back isn't a bad idea.

4) Thats what i thought u did, but wasn't sure lol. Wtf u have less rate than me? Impossible. Wtf under 130 cdi? no way lol. there's no way.
    Let's add them up!

Code:
    base + helm + rings         + amulet + bracelets + belt + orb + rune
    20   + 24   + (10 + 15 + 3) + 4      + 9         + 7    + 38  + 5    = 135 crit damage
    base + helm + rings     + pet
    5    + 15   + (16 + 16) + 2   = 54 rate
    So I guess I lied, just a bit over 130 crit damage. People think much too highly of crit damage as a primary source for damage in PvP.

Right, decision plays do make a lot. Helps to have skill, but i do agree decision making is a key valuable. I didn't really see much or any blink comboing from you(I also probably didn't watch enough of it), just smart decision making.
    An accurate observation, I use blink combo probably 2 to 3 times a war and only when it's convenient.

So with your gear up for sale, are you quitting wizard too? and.. is that fb gear seyrisa's gear or nexios? =b
    Quitting Cabal as a whole actually—combination of being more busy with work and also the client stopped being able to launch.

It's Sey's, Nex wasn't that strong. :P
    Last edited by Enso; 10-06-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    It's Sey's, Nex wasn't that strong. :P
    #shotsfired

Extreme 5 pw5 isn't bad

heh, wehn i hear people say "im quitting as a whole" i think "ohh, they're gonna sell their gear for alz and then sell alz for usd to a trusted member"..... otherwise i'm like "why would u quit? i mean... no one quits castlevania or mario etc etc... u jsut set the game down and pick it back up again when you want to play"...

Well if 10m's Idol and class building genius is leaving... then i guess the only thing that is left for you to do is to put in a good word with your highly ranked members/officers to join the greatest guild of all time, Seireitei. Your peeps are going to need skilled and cool players to watch their backs. Cabal NA unite.... or i guess you could send them to Spartans... v________V

Dawkinz2015 War video.. coming soon ^^. All secrets will be told... glitches etc.... it wont matter if i give them out because SupremeDawk is on his way soon >=D

HAHA Spartans
    RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

heh, wehn i hear people say "im quitting as a whole" i think "ohh, they're gonna sell their gear for alz and then sell alz for usd to a trusted member"..... otherwise i'm like "why would u quit? i mean... no one quits castlevania or mario etc etc... u jsut set the game down and pick it back up again when you want to play"...

Well if 10m's Idol and class building genius is leaving... then i guess the only thing that is left for you to do is to put in a good word with your highly ranked members/officers to join the greatest guild of all time, Seireitei. Your peeps are going to need skilled and cool players to watch their backs. Cabal NA unite.... or i guess you could send them to Spartans... v________V

Dawkinz2015 War video.. coming soon ^^. All secrets will be told... glitches etc.... it wont matter if i give them out because SupremeDawk is on his way soon >=D
    You can pick up a novel or a film and watch it alone, at any time. But there's no point in staying at a concert after everyone has left.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast