Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Laptop requirements

Laptop requirements

I know it's in the wrong section but I'm just looking for a quick reply from people who know their stuff, I wanna buy a laptop to play cabal on, I have an iMac Windows 10 but it still doesn't work for cabal,I wanna use this laptop for cabal and easier browsing like to move around with (I'm a student) I saw an hp laptop g60 17" 4GB ram Intel duel core, 500GB drive, 3.7Ghz and I'd like to know if that's good enough, to run cabal, thanks for the quick replies

not my expertise (sorry) but providing a link to your laptop of interest would greatly help.
    any budgets?
    by run/play, do you not care what fps you might be getting? or do you want something at least half decent? if that's the case, i'm pretty sure any modern laptop will do, even my laptop from 2008ish can run cabal...at 10 fps in towns :>

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    not my expertise (sorry) but providing a link to your laptop of interest would greatly help.
    any budgets?
    by run/play, do you not care what fps you might be getting? or do you want something at least half decent? if that's the case, i'm pretty sure any modern laptop will do, even my laptop from 2008ish can run cabal...at 10 fps in towns :>
    I don't have a link, uhh budget is 500$, I use to run cabal 3 weeks ago on my desktop it's 2007 and Windows xp ahaha I know, it would run smoothly lagged when we had sever lag mostly and here and there lags not much, nivida GeForce had 1gb ram 3.7 ghz only 80gb hard drive, pretty half decent is good doesn't have to be a perfect laptop

doesn't seem like anyone is here atm with enough knowledge to answer your question. if you haven't already done so, i would ask elsewhere, probably on reddit like /r/suggestalaptop where you should post the specs of the laptop you want or refer to and post the minimum specs needed to run cabal (shown in the downloads page) and state that your a (college?grad?) student on a $500 budget

Quote Originally Posted by IFrost View Post
    I know it's in the wrong section but I'm just looking for a quick reply from people who know their stuff, I wanna buy a laptop to play cabal on, I have an iMac Windows 10 but it still doesn't work for cabal,I wanna use this laptop for cabal and easier browsing like to move around with (I'm a student) I saw an hp laptop g60 17" 4GB ram Intel duel core, 500GB drive, 3.7Ghz and I'd like to know if that's good enough, to run cabal, thanks for the quick replies
    hp laptop runs fine with cabal. I have an i7 that runs flawlessly and have seen i5's do the same. I believe the i5's are within your $500 budget. Hard Drive space only matters if you need space for music/vids/downloads/school work. Also look to see if you can get a laptop that allows you to optionally insert up to 8gb RAM. Mine has that option, so i imagine the new hp i5's should have the same.