Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: i think we all agree that this event is AMAZING, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    no bro, there are certain holiday events that cycle every year regardless of NA GMs input so cloud is right, this isn't really on NA GMs at all. they can't even impact the drop rate for the events (ornaments i think? i just came to NA for vacation since i now live in korea so i dont know what's really going on here). if it's dropping more, it just means there are more people actively farming it (that's just how drop system works in cabal).

the biggest misconception is the drop rate for servers are different. i am here to tell you that drop rates for each servers are all the same even for events like this (with the exception of SEA possibly). they just have much more active players than NA - if you've played this game when 7 coins accessories were craftable (especially during the accessory effect stacking exploit), you know how server population and how item cycling impacts a mob's drops or when you open a chest in a dungeon.

random events like placing world boss on starter maps or bonus wexp/exp/ap weekend events are usually ones that local GM team come up with and submit the requests. those requests require great amount of finite detail, its not a matter of "hey korea i was thinking itd be cool if we could have lautus pluma in bloody ice and people can hit them and it'll drop stuff."

the business scheme estsoft runs with their localization team can be picked up if you've stayed in the cabal community long enough. if you are from the ogplanet era, you will remember [GM]Kalaydrah who quit/got fired and posted a lengthy post about what happens in the background. a lot of things have changed since then, but some of the things she pointed out still remains true. if you also pay attention to the live stream, you can connect the dots.

ive been playing cabal since JP server first opened, i've played on JP server, KR server, and EU server before NA server finally came out. things like this you kind of pick up without realizing. i dont play cabal anymore, but cabal was and is still my favorite mmo since i first got into mmo in 2004. (now i play vainglory on my tablet )

edit:
    people have been predicting cabal to shut down for at least 6 years now. i remember when k-red boards first came out people went ham and raised the flag to start quitting. when the first amp scroll event came out, people went ham again. cabal na has at least 4-5 years left in its tank imho. if this community does fold, it'll just be consolidated under other servers that are still healthy. honestly, people cry wolf and declare cabal's ending pretty much every four months.

events like these and cash shop rotation, koreans have had it years before we started getting the same thing mostly thanks to estsoft deciding that they would take charge of localization rather than leave it up to third party localization team (good bye OGPlanet for NA and GameMasters for EU even though GameMasters did a stellar job on EU).

speaking of cabal EU, most of you all should have observed how estsoft wrung the cabal carpet from GameMaster's feet. that was probably the most messed up business deal ive ever seen and really set the tone on how shady the HQ operates.

wow, i ended up writing an essay. but i cant sleep because my biological time is still messed up :|
    Much truth here. If you are too ignorant to understand what Tonberry just said, then go roll yourself in a blanket and jump off your roof head first.

To explain how drop tables work in a short way:

X Y Z items are in the a randomly generated list on the server. When person A kills a mob, drop X falls. The next mobs drops Y, the next drops Z.
    Person B joins in and kills a mob and gets drop X. Person A missed that X and gets Y for his next. Person B gets Z next. etc etc etc.

So the more ppl farming the same thing (dungeon or map) the drops rotate faster, thus more "rare drops" dropping more. It's the same with just about any mmorpg out there.

Note: that's a very simplified version.

tl:dr never complain about drops rates. They're always the same and always have been.
    tl:dr unstated: GM's don't control anything related to drops. They request and monitor.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 12-24-2015 at 03:01 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    Aren't these "Yul exchange" event differ a little every year? And also they are different from server to server arent they (if i remember correctly). Then the HQ must create all these events for each server and tell the GM in each server to implement it. IDK but it sounds like a bad way to do it.

And if the system is like what you say, it is just stupid because players in the other servers (aside from Korea) does not have any say in how cabal will develop or how event is made. Don't tell NA people to buy ticket to Korea it is ridiculous and there is no way to send any kind of message to the HQ in Korea.

And when thing get unbalance between servers, like between NA and Korea where the average gear difference is too large, NA players cant keep up with new contents, and you get the same event then playing in NA will be very frustrated.

Last thing I want to say is that I doesn't feel NA GMs care about the community at all. Their small event is basically the same every time.

Shadow Titanium
    Let say you have a 100 items list of 3 type of item, 30 ornament, 30 X, 40 Y. And when this list end, a similar list is generated. Since they are randomly generated they should be distributed fairly in order. So when there is 1 player farming, he will get 30 ornament by the end of list 1, the same amount of ornament will be obtained at the end of list 1 (30, 15 for each person) if 2 players are farming but since there are 2 players, they reach to the end of list 2 as fast as when 1 player farming so they would get 30 ornaments for each player.

In the end, the amount of ornaments that each player get is the same no matter how many players is farming. The thing that is different is the total ornament that the whole server get.

Which is not what tonberry were saying which is the number of players affect drop rate for each player.

...at the people who are saying they increased the drop rate and that they've "heard our cries" you do realize it's an overall drop rate increase bonus that has been prepared since the event was announced right?

Shadow Titanium
    My runs were before the bonus started.

how can you precisely tell that drop rates were adjusted because "gms got the message?" drop rates are ultimately rng anyways, some runs you'll get more than your average, sometimes you'll get less

i want to delve a bit more into the things i've talked about earlier because ive received some private messages about them.

DROP SYSTEM:

this is your cabal drop system. some capsules have alz in it, some capsules have junk armor/weapon drops, and some capsules have force cores/upgrade cores. some capsules have ornaments in them. some capsules have nothing in them.

when you have events that boost drop rates, you are essentially getting this capsule vending machine and taking out the capsules that have nothing in them and putting capsules that have alz, armor/weapon drops, upgrade item drops, and ornaments in exact same ratio. you can't target "quality drops" because their drop frequency is RNG and is set to drop by certain (low) percentage/ratio. big misconception with drop rate event is that your chances of getting an epic item. maybe since your chances of getting empty capsule is smaller, but the chances of a mob dropping an amp slotted forcium is still extremely rare.

when i said this:
    they just have much more active players than NA - if you've played this game when 7 coins accessories were craftable (especially during the accessory effect stacking exploit), you know how server population and how item cycling impacts a mob's drops or when you open a chest in a dungeon.
    basically, you need you imagine a line of people waiting to try their luck at the same vending capsule vending machine. the more people try their luck, the more capsules with ornaments will come out because people are cycling out the empty capsules faster.

HOW HQ THINKS ABOUT OTHER SERVERS
    frankly speaking, estsoft really does not care about markets outside of korea and southeast asia. why should they? the revenue they generate from korea and southeast asia significantly outweighs the revenue they get from na, br, and even EU which boasts of population at least 5 times bigger than NA by itself.

this shouldnt be a surprise, since the NA GM team for over a year (not sure if they still are) was responsible for regulating NA, BR, and EU all at the same time. you talk about being stretched thin!

if you factor in the cost of maintaining infrastructure for each localization teams (computers, phones, facility maintenance, utility bills, server maintenance cost, building rental cost), taxes, paying employees, benefits, computers, etc etc... that's actually a huge cost. estsoft is pleased as long as each server can make ends meet and then some.

in investment term, they consider servers like us as "residual income." residual income is a term to describe where you no longer have to make concerted effort on an investment to make a profit, it keeps coming after you've set it up. kind of like if you were to have an apartment and you rent it out for 1000 dollars even though the monthly mortgage payment you have to make to the bank is 900. that 100 dollar is your residual income.

so in an analogy, you can kind of think of KR server as the 5-star hotel in the new york times square and NA servers as the holiday inn motel near a local airport somewhere in missisipi. as owner, you have a 5-star hotel that is making millions for you, whereas the holiday inn motel is making couple thousand. which one do you spend more effort in upkeeping and ensuring more people to come? probably the 5-star hotel.

hope that clarifies the points i made earlier. you can choose to argue with them, but i am just telling you how it really is.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    ...at the people who are saying they increased the drop rate and that they've "heard our cries" you do realize it's an overall drop rate increase bonus that has been prepared since the event was announced right?
    hey genius, next time reread what i said before you paraphrase and make a fool outta yourself.
    see: "but the point is that they must have some sort of immediate control over the game, considering that prior to the 116% drop rate application"

prior:
    pri·or1
    ˈprī(ə)r/
    -adjective
    - existing or coming before in time, order, or importance.
    "he has a prior engagement this evening"

comprende?

Quote Originally Posted by vXLi View Post
    comprende?
    can you define this too? i don't speak chinese

i understand though, i'll let you think this thread has made a difference in the so called changing/adjusted drop rates

Hey man, if you believe your drop rates increased because of this thread, hey more power to you rofl. But i can tell you, there have been thousands of threads like this one, and just because its this one doesnt mean they actually made a change to your liking, and if you believe they did, that is just naive as F

Edit: And ive heard this whole, USD buyer complaint for ages, hey i have complained about it myself, i decided that i cant compete with them so i did the appropriate approach and stopped playing. I dont sit around on forums all day complaining about that is out of my control, thats just rediculous
    Last edited by Corvettezr1; 12-24-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast