Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: On Merit Tree

On Merit Tree

Quote Originally Posted by 10mWasted View Post
    i'll take screen shot later on runes - merit tree is worthless since im only selling char and not selling account.
    That's a flaw design by the game dev. Merit tree SHOULD BE character-based (as it is) and not account.

Are they still gonna fix this?

Shadow Titanium
    lol, its not a design flaw, its working as intended, and has ever since it came out 2 years ago.

When you (account) transfer a character, the merit mastery stays in the originating account and doesn't go with the character. yes, it's been that way for the past years. It's a design flaw because merit points and merit (tree) mastery is a character thing (read: uniquely achieved by THE character alone). So why it sticks with the account and not with the character is the flaw I'm referring. And it should not be that way. hence, the question, IF they the game dev would ever fix it...hope that's clear now.

Osmium
    It's account based, since whatever merit you gain on any one of your charachters is also applied to all charachters in that account and not as you said "uniquely achieved by THE character alone"....if that was written in patch notes then its a writing/translation mistake as almost all patch notes contain mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by alhifnawy3 View Post
    It's account based, since whatever merit you gain on any one of your charachters is also applied to all charachters in that account and not as you said "uniquely achieved by THE character alone"....if that was written in patch notes then its a writing/translation mistake as almost all patch notes contain mistakes
    ok we're making headway here. So why did they do it as such? Why didn't they treat it like the character Honor? Both attributes are achieved via painstaking wars and wexp (well hr can be acquired thru other ways but for the most part wexp and wars like merit points and mastery tree). And that's the one I'm referring again to as a flaw. You don't share the honor among the charcters in your account and if one character strays away (as in account transfer cases) why can't it bring along with it the merit points and mastery it has done (that's what I mean by unique)? Pretty much like its honor is intact when it leaves the account.

Shadow Titanium
    did u know that when u turn in for merit points it gives honor to the char that turned it in, and EVERY character over honor rank 10 ALSO gets honor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriks419 View Post
    did u know that when u turn in for merit points it gives honor to the char that turned it in, and EVERY character over honor rank 10 ALSO gets honor points.
    yea I know about the character but not the rest of the characters though. Didn't check.
    But I know too that when the character is transferred, its honor goes with it. Not so with merit points and mastery.