Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Root Kit detected on Cabalmain.exe?

Root Kit detected on Cabalmain.exe?

Hey everyone, I was opening up cabal today and my Avast antivirus detected a Root Kit in the Cabalmain.exe

File name: C:\Program Files\CABAL Online (US)\cabalmain.exe
    Malware name: Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]
    Maleware type: Rootkit

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and this keeps happening. This never happened before, and I was able to play fine just yesterday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yup, i have just had this problem too, ran fine yday, but couldnt register account, and now that i can, that crap happened, pretty sad.

You could turn off your anti virus, run the game, and then turn your anti virus back on. If you want to just be able to play.

i tried that 1dynasty, even with my anti virus turned off and i click start cabal the launcher just closes and nothing happens. it's retarded as hell

hmm i guess it works for some ppl and not for others, My friend was using the Avast anti virus as well, but he was able to turn off the anti virus and launch the game and relaunch his anti virus once the game was up.

Open your anti-virus and add the Cabal/GameGuard directories to the exclude list so it won't bother with them. This is a false positive because of the way the programs do some of their functions. Often times the programmers will fix things so this doesn't occur then you could remove the excludes for full security again.

ah thanks i was freaking out lol currently re-downloading had a spaz moment when the warning came up
    one day a sig will appear until then Capella 4eva go pinkies!!!

Dayne lvl -13x Wiz (Venus)
    DayneA lvl -13x Fa (Venus)

File name: C:\Program Files\CABAL Online (US)\cabalmain.exe
    Malware name: Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]
    Maleware type: Rootkit

how do i get rid of it i have avast free but i cant figure out how to get rid of it any body give me dirations or help i can play cabal ugh

Yea i had the same problem i had the game running over nice, and it was running fine i wake up play Cabal for half hour then go to school and i come home and Cabal now has the maleware now and i was pretty mad so avast pops up i clicked delete it did nothing so i clicked move to chest and that made it stop loading for goodand well raven i cant add it to the exclude because i need the password, is there any chances of this getting fixed because by the looks of it I wont be able to reinstall Cabal for about a month or 2 so PLEASE get it fixed.
    Cabal in game user:frozo add me if you want i have learnt quite a bit about this game lately

Quote Originally Posted by silentfacade View Post
    i tried that 1dynasty, even with my anti virus turned off and i click start cabal the launcher just closes and nothing happens. it's retarded as hell
    You need to go into your antivirus then restore the file cabalmain.exe back to its orig location its prob blocked also add the cabal online folder to exclusion list after you restore the file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast