Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Help

I'll be blunt, I'm confused as all hell and I'm looking for answers on both technical issues and seeking info about US servers. I'm from the US and I would like to install the US version, but as of March 31st OGPlanet lost the license for it. So..first of all I'm asking if I'm compeletely screwed.

If not, then I would like to ask for assistance on installing the game itself and anything else before/after it. I may sound like an idiot but I'm rather new when it comes to MMOs and I was referred to it by a friend of mine and got me interested on it. Any kind of help would be grateful and I hope I'm able to play it since I was hooked on some of the aspects.

OGPlanet no longer have the license, but ESTSoft does. You're not completely screwed because you're asking this question on the new Cabal forums. Go to Cabal.com and you should be able to download the game from the website.

What about having to install DirectX 9 or updating the drivers that I have now?

you can download them here:
    http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Driver

Don't bother attempting to download and install DirectX 9 unless you don't have it yet. To check if you have it or not, do the following:
    1. Click on start.
    2. Choose run from the start menu. (If you are on Vista/Win7 just type in the search box on the start bar.)
    3. Enter: dxdiag

A window will open which contains the DirectX information of your system. On the main tab of the window you should see 'DirectX Version'. If that is "9.0c" or above you are fine and don't need it.

As for your video card driver, also, don't bother getting anything until you are certain you need to update it. As Alleluia pointed out, goto the NA site for CABAL which is now www.cabal.com and signup there, then you should be able to access the download page once you are signed up and signed into the site.

After installing, if the game doesn't run, or gives any errors, post the error/issue here.
    Last edited by Wiccaan; 06-17-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Wiccaan - Force Shielder - Lv102 (Retired) [Transcender/Transcender]
    atom0s - Blader - Lv1xx - Currently Playing [Transcender/Transcender]
    Venus Server - No guild.
    Cabal Wiki bureaucrat/sysop. (Join and help out!)

Well I have the same version of DirectX at you (version 11) but the only real problem I have is my video card. I'm only using what came with my laptop (Intel 3D Accelerator 9000) so would you recommend Nvidia/GeForce if the 3D Accelerator isn't enough, or at least to have the screen on low rez?

Onboard Intel chips typically won't push want you need to play more graphics heavy games. You could try to set everything as lot as possible in the options but CABAL is probably going to run terribly still. Check and see how the game runs for you before you think of updating and spending more money to play a game. If the game runs with lowest settings I would just suggest dealing with the lame look of the game being turned down and not spend money on a new card just for this game. If you can't run it and you are still interested, I would suggest looking into your manufactures upgrade policies and abilities for your laptop and see what you can get for it graphics card wise.
    Venus Server - No guild.

So then I should install the manual then the client itself just to see how the game runs without any updates basically?

Install the game, run the launcher and it will automatically update what is needed. Once the launcher says you are ready to play, click the Options button instead of Play and change the graphics settings to as low as possible. Then try to play and see how the game runs.

If it runs poorly you may want to look into upgrading your system if you still wish to play CABAL.
    Venus Server - No guild.

What about the manual patch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast