Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The CORRECT WAY TO CALCULATE DAMAGE WITH ANY SKILL OR GEAR.

Banned

Cool The CORRECT WAY TO CALCULATE DAMAGE WITH ANY SKILL OR GEAR.

I've seen previous formulas, but i found that mine is more accurate. To calculate your damage, just do the following.

- Pick the skill you want and add the amount of amp it gives to the amount of amp you have from your gear.
    - Multiply that amount of amp by how much attack/magic attack you have. For example, if i have 80% amp total with impact stab and my gear, then i would multiply my attack by 1.8.
    - Add the add. attack from the skill to the amount you got after multiplying the amp.
    - Subtract the amount of defense your opponent has from the number you have so far.
    - Now, divide that by 4, because you do 1/4th your normal damage against other people.

- if you want to calculate it if you were to crit, just multiply that last number by however much crit you have. for example, if i have 130% crit damage, i multiply the number by 2.3.

*NOTE* If your using one of those area skills like infernal impact, whirlwind, blade scud, etc., then you have to multiply by 1.25 because those skills have 25% more damage than regular skills.

One thing that confuses many people is that after step 3, it isn't the same number as the one in parentheses next to attack whenever you cast a skill. This is because in many cases, that number is wrong. Yes, it is WRONG. Quite misleading, isn't it?

I've tested these all myself and i got every skill to hit exactly what i calculated before i hit it, or like 1-10 points difference. Enjoy
    Last edited by Sheep; 04-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.

NICE its closest one by far

now only if you were to make a calc app to do this for u

Banned
    yo numbers plz -_- don't wanna read

<Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Quote Originally Posted by beowolf101 View Post
    yo numbers plz -_- don't wanna read
    This is "his" formula
    { [Base attack * (1 + total amp) + skill attack ] - Defense of opponent } / 4

Total amp = amp from skill + amp from equips (in decimal form : 80% = 0.8)
    Skill attack = the +attack the skill description has
    the "/4" is for doing pvp's

Btw, the reason i used "" around his, is because it isnt really his formula.
    He may have thougt it up by himself, but i have heard this formula from other sources.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabuvok View Post
    He may have thougt it up by himself, but i have heard this formula from other sources.
    hm, i've only seen one other before and it was off. oh well xD

xP i read that formula in some guide or thread on old forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I've seen previous formulas, but i found that mine is more accurate. To calculate your damage, just do the following.

- Pick the skill you want and add the amount of amp it gives to the amount of amp you have from your gear.
    - Multiply that amount of amp by how much attack/magic attack you have. For example, if i have 80% amp total with impact stab and my gear, then i would multiply my attack by 1.8.
    - Add the add. attack from the skill to the amount you got after multiplying the amp.
    - Subtract the amount of defense your opponent has from the number you have so far.
    - Now, divide that by 4, because you do 1/4th your normal damage against other people.

- if you want to calculate it if you were to crit, just multiply that last number by however much crit you have. for example, if i have 130% crit damage, i multiply the number by 2.3.

*NOTE* If your using one of those area skills like infernal impact, whirlwind, blade scud, etc., then you have to multiply by 1.25 because those skills have 25% more damage than regular skills.

One thing that confuses many people is that after step 3, it isn't the same number as the one in parentheses next to attack whenever you cast a skill. This is because in many cases, that number is wrong. Yes, it is WRONG. Quite misleading, isn't it?

I've tested these all myself and i got every skill to hit exactly what i calculated before i hit it, or like 1-10 points difference. Enjoy
    Your missing a lot of things in this statement. I also already made a far more advanced calculator to do all this for users, this is too simple. If you were to add up the numbers on the orange text [note its the text, not its ability to AOE] they would be off by simplifying them all as just +25% damage [which is also wrong]. Each one of them is different with their own formula, and there are slight additions in changes for higher defense monsters.

For example Lightning slash would be (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage [something you forgot about]. Thats the PvE formula for it where power = (attack*amp)+attack+skill attack, far more than just 25% more damage. Roughly simplified, its 2.2x [or a 120% increase in damage] what it should do if it was a normal skill, fighting a single target that is. For PvP these skills all vary with different multipliers as 1.2 or 1.3.

Damage also changes with other things, such as rankups improving bm2's and level affecting the defense a monster has. Its way too complicated to explain all the ways damage works for everyone to understand, its best they just use the calculators and let those do the work for them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LastHour View Post
    Your missing a lot of things in this statement. I also already made a far more advanced calculator to do all this for users, this is too simple. If you were to add up the numbers on the orange text [note its the text, not its ability to AOE] they would be off by simplifying them all as just +25% damage [which is also wrong]. Each one of them is different with their own formula, and there are slight additions in changes for higher defense monsters.

For example Lightning slash would be (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage [something you forgot about]. Thats the PvE formula for it where power = (attack*amp)+attack+skill attack, far more than just 25% more damage. Roughly simplified, its 2.2x [or a 120% increase in damage] what it should do if it was a normal skill, fighting a single target that is. For PvP these skills all vary with different multipliers as 1.2 or 1.3.

Damage also changes with other things, such as rankups improving bm2's and level affecting the defense a monster has. Its way too complicated to explain all the ways damage works for everyone to understand, its best they just use the calculators and let those do the work for them.
    first of all, lvl only reduces your damage by 1% per lvl, it was in the old update.
    second, wtf is a multiplier?
    third, your (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage is totally retarted... wtf... doesnt even make sense.
    fourth, i call them area skills because that's what the orange text talks about. what do you want me to call them, jesus >_>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast