I've seen previous formulas, but i found that mine is more accurate. To calculate your damage, just do the following.
- Pick the skill you want and add the amount of amp it gives to the amount of amp you have from your gear.
- Multiply that amount of amp by how much attack/magic attack you have. For example, if i have 80% amp total with impact stab and my gear, then i would multiply my attack by 1.8.
- Add the add. attack from the skill to the amount you got after multiplying the amp.
- Subtract the amount of defense your opponent has from the number you have so far.
- Now, divide that by 4, because you do 1/4th your normal damage against other people.
- if you want to calculate it if you were to crit, just multiply that last number by however much crit you have. for example, if i have 130% crit damage, i multiply the number by 2.3.
*NOTE* If your using one of those area skills like infernal impact, whirlwind, blade scud, etc., then you have to multiply by 1.25 because those skills have 25% more damage than regular skills.
One thing that confuses many people is that after step 3, it isn't the same number as the one in parentheses next to attack whenever you cast a skill. This is because in many cases, that number is wrong. Yes, it is WRONG. Quite misleading, isn't it?
I've tested these all myself and i got every skill to hit exactly what i calculated before i hit it, or like 1-10 points difference. Enjoy