Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
First of all, 2 crit should be equal to 1% amp. to find out how much amp is worth how much base attack, multiply your attack by 0.01 (1%) that's how much attack is worth 1% amp.
so, let's say you have 960 attack. 1% amp would give you 9.6 attack, which is the same thing as 2 crit.
Now that you have this knowledge, there shouldn't be any confusion over what item is better than what.
But remember, it isn't smart to just get as much crit as possible, while sacrificing your attack, because it's very important to do decent damage for your dps skills. Defense is generally defends against attack better than your attack can pierce low defense. For example, it would be smarter to choose 60 defense over 4% amp, unless your attack and amp is considerably low. If you chose the 4 amp over the 60 defense, the damage difference would be lower than the damage an enemy would do on you if you had the higher defense.
So, basically, 10 defense is equal to almost 1% amp.
Just multiply the gained defense by 0.75 and compare that to the total gained attack of the amp. go with whichever is highest.
This changes depending on the defense of a monster along with hundreds of other things you ignored. It may work for YOU in the situations you come across but you did not justify it in a way that is applicable to everyone.

For example, pluma has 1813 defense, I'm going to hit it WAY lower than regular monsters. Thus the effect of my critical damage is weakened heavily and it hardly matters if I have 200% critical if my base damage is 50. Same applies vice versa for fighting lower defense monsters and so on.

Theres simply no way this applies except to you at the specific time and situations you have come across. This relationship constantly changes since you are dealing with multipliers that gain varying benefits for the situation.