Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: How to know if amp/crit/attack is better for you.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    First of all, 2 crit should be equal to 1% amp. to find out how much amp is worth how much base attack, multiply your attack by 0.01 (1%) that's how much attack is worth 1% amp.
    so, let's say you have 960 attack. 1% amp would give you 9.6 attack, which is the same thing as 2 crit.
    Now that you have this knowledge, there shouldn't be any confusion over what item is better than what.
    But remember, it isn't smart to just get as much crit as possible, while sacrificing your attack, because it's very important to do decent damage for your dps skills. Defense is generally defends against attack better than your attack can pierce low defense. For example, it would be smarter to choose 60 defense over 4% amp, unless your attack and amp is considerably low. If you chose the 4 amp over the 60 defense, the damage difference would be lower than the damage an enemy would do on you if you had the higher defense.
    So, basically, 10 defense is equal to almost 1% amp.
    Just multiply the gained defense by 0.75 and compare that to the total gained attack of the amp. go with whichever is highest.
    This changes depending on the defense of a monster along with hundreds of other things you ignored. It may work for YOU in the situations you come across but you did not justify it in a way that is applicable to everyone.

    For example, pluma has 1813 defense, I'm going to hit it WAY lower than regular monsters. Thus the effect of my critical damage is weakened heavily and it hardly matters if I have 200% critical if my base damage is 50. Same applies vice versa for fighting lower defense monsters and so on.

    Theres simply no way this applies except to you at the specific time and situations you have come across. This relationship constantly changes since you are dealing with multipliers that gain varying benefits for the situation.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Georgia, US
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by LastHour View Post
    This changes depending on the defense of a monster along with hundreds of other things you ignored. It may work for YOU in the situations you come across but you did not justify it in a way that is applicable to everyone.

    For example, pluma has 1813 defense, I'm going to hit it WAY lower than regular monsters. Thus the effect of my critical damage is weakened heavily and it hardly matters if I have 200% critical if my base damage is 50. Same applies vice versa for fighting lower defense monsters and so on.

    Theres simply no way this applies except to you at the specific time and situations you have come across. This relationship constantly changes since you are dealing with multipliers that gain varying benefits for the situation.
    err, this is why i always say go with base..
    that's why you subtract the def
    even if you hit low, 1% amp and 2% crit would still do the same low damage on the monster. just because your base is low doesnt mean it's not there o.o
    Last edited by Sheep; 07-11-2010 at 11:43 PM.

  3. #13
    Junior Member Flaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    you dont understand the situation. in a scenario where they BOTH were to crit, (crit with 1% amp as opposed to a crit with 2% crit) it would do the same damage.
    False.

  4. #14
    SIGMetal
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    First of all, 2 crit should be equal to 1% amp. to find out how much amp is worth how much base attack, multiply your attack by 0.01 (1%) that's how much attack is worth 1% amp.
    so, let's say you have 960 attack. 1% amp would give you 9.6 attack, which is the same thing as 2 crit.
    Now that you have this knowledge, there shouldn't be any confusion over what item is better than what.
    But remember, it isn't smart to just get as much crit as possible, while sacrificing your attack, because it's very important to do decent damage for your dps skills. Defense is generally defends against attack better than your attack can pierce low defense. For example, it would be smarter to choose 60 defense over 4% amp, unless your attack and amp is considerably low. If you chose the 4 amp over the 60 defense, the damage difference would be lower than the damage an enemy would do on you if you had the higher defense.
    So, basically, 10 defense is equal to almost 1% amp.
    Just multiply the gained defense by 0.75 and compare that to the total gained attack of the amp. go with whichever is highest.
    lol i read the whole things and out of all the comparisons u made... none of them are true haha

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    False.
    +1
    if u do 100dmg whit 1 amp u gona do 101 but if u crit u gona do 202
    if u do 100 dmg whit 2 amp u gona do 100 but if u crit u gona do 204 and so on




    buying lv3 Sword carts and dark disc

  6. #16
    uhmm..im not too good at math but..
    isn't 100 dmg with 1% amp leading to 101, with 100% cdi = 202
    isn't 100dmg with 2%more cdi(102%cdi)= 202
    so 1% amp in this case = 2% cdi..i think sheep has a point in here somewhere.

  7. #17
    Osmium darklordex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    921
    imma just play the game

    Sugar + Water + Purple= Grape Drink <---Dancing Chicken

  8. #18
    SIGMetal
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by CRHinds View Post
    uhmm..im not too good at math but..
    isn't 100 dmg with 1% amp leading to 101, with 100% cdi = 202
    isn't 100dmg with 2%more cdi(102%cdi)= 202
    so 1% amp in this case = 2% cdi..i think sheep has a point in here somewhere.
    look wat i bolded the total is not equal

  9. #19
    RedOsmium Fishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    omg.......n,erds. you guys take this crap WAY too seriously. Just play the flippin game and have fun with it


    edit: they censored n/erds? o.0
    Last edited by Fishy; 07-14-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Fail censorship
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    A.Let's say you have 900 atk or mag, 100% crit dmg, 50 rate and let's say 18 amp (bracelets+suit+eox) and your opponent has 650 def.
    By using a fast, low dmg skill (let's say +200 add dmg and 30% amp) you would deal 882 normal dmg and 1764 crit dmg. Adding 1% amp you would deal 891 normal dmg and 1782 crit dmg. Adding 2% crit dmg would give these results: 882 normal dmg and 1781 crit dmg.
    By using a gm or completer skill (let's say +850 add dmg and 70% amp) you would deal 1892 normal dmg and 3784 crit dmg. Adding 1% amp you would deal 1901 normal dmg and 3802 crit dmg. Adding 2% crit dmg would give these results: 1892 normal dmg and 3821 crit dmg.

    B.Now let's say you have the previous mentioned stats but your opponent has 1200 defense.
    By using a fast, low dmg skill (+200 add dmg and 30% amp) you would deal 332 normal dmg and 664 crit dmg. If you add 1% amp you would deal 341 normal dmg and 682 crit dmg. Adding 2% crit dmg would give these results: 332 normal dmg and 670 crit dmg.
    By using a gm or completer skill (+850 add dmg and 70% amp) you would deal 1342 normal damage and 2684 crit dmg. If you add 1% amp you would deal 1351 normal dmg and 2702 crit dmg. Adding 2% crit dmg would give these results: 1342 normal dmg and 2710 crit dmg.

    Lets check the dps of the skills now:

    Under A. conditions,
    Low dmg skill (2s cast time) = 1323 DPS.
    With 1% amp = 1336 DPS.
    With 2% crit dmg = 1331 DPS.

    High dmg skill (3s cast time) = 2838 DPS.
    With 1% amp = 2851 DPS.
    With 2% crit dmg = 2856 DPS.

    Under B. conditions,
    Low dmg skill (2s cast time) = 498 DPS.
    With 1% amp = 511 DPS.
    With 2% crit dmg = 501 DPS.

    High dmg skill (3s cast time) = 2013 DPS.
    With 1% amp = 2026 DPS.
    With 2% crit dmg = 2026 DPS.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    As you can see, amp is good for low skills and crit dmg is good for high skills. But keep in mind that the amount of crit dmg that you can have on 1 item (weapon or helm) is more than double the amount of amp you can have (no talking about ideal sets). Thus, a weapon/helm with more than 30 crit dmg is better than one with 14% amp (same material and grade ofc).

    I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •