Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nothing happens after clicking the Start button?

Hi, a classmate from my college referred me to Cabal, and yesterday I decided to actually play it, but nothing happens when I click "Start Cabal". I've re-installed the game twice, the last time with my AV off. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and I've tried everything I could to fix the problem, but nothing happens.

well i downloaded the game from many different places the official website full client doesnt even have the game guard foolder and does updates and everythign but when it says its up to date and i press start game nothing happens and i tried allowing it through firewall and antivirus and also starting my computer without that and reinstalling it ect.... so its a problem you have to fix and not ours obviously ............ any other game has noone of this problems and am going crazy trying to fix this one and old versions say the update is too much and to re install and download a new one

As of friday, i was able to log into the game no problem earlier in the day, tried to log into saturday and its not doing anything. It goes to the black screen where its "loading" button is in the top left corner and just freezes, i have power down my pc to unfreeze it. Yes i have tried uninsalling it, manually deleting the folder and reinstalling it. Yes i have tried check files, as well as the virus/firewall thing...any ideas?

If your PC isn't a total lemon, you can try clicking my sig.

haven't had a chance to test this yes but i was reading some other posts and found one about the game guard folder so i went to look at mine and found that i dont have one. so this could be my problem and for those that are having this problem you should check to see if you have the folder or not. having a friend send his to me so i can test it and i will let you know if it works or not

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1290458361
    Last edited by Thenamesjoe; 11-22-2010 at 11:39 AM.

look in ur task manager see if its actually running or is just being block

Tera- Human Mystic Lv60
    Server- Valley of Titans- (PvP)

i have come to the conclusion that i need the entire folder i have downloaded this thing 3 times. and still the same result. it just doesnt install all the required files

...one month later.
    I have the same problem as thenamesjoe, I have no GameGuard folder at all, and I was using the install file I downloaded less than a week ago.
    Help?

Man, what gets to me is the updates. It jumps from 180 kpbs to 8, and back and forth. Man, timing it correctly, the updates took longer to download that the mere Full Client at 1+ gigs.

I can't seem to get the game to work, so...reinstall?

The problem I get from the full client is this...

The download does the same thing on my ChromePlus, where it goes down to 0 and jumps to 180kpbs. Then it looks like it's completely downloaded, shows the image as so, but it's not.
    I assume it's Chromium's default download to blame, so I try it in Firefox.
    Firefox was downloading great stable 150s - 170s without a drop, but, out of nowhere, the same situation happens and it looks like it's downloaded.

I was active and checking, and it's clear that it wouldn't download that fast in 15 minutes.

So, I used the ChromePlus Download Manager, which was stable and fully downloaded the client.

Back again, I get this same problem where the game won't go beyond the Launch screen.

Now, I've seen something about "erl" but I don't see any .erl. I even searched the computer with my trusty "Search Everything" program to no avail. Could it be because I run Windows Vista Home Premium?

I don't see anything regarding the game in Event Viewer. Any technical-type of solution, or maybe a diagnostic tool?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast