Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Known Anti-Virus applications that has problems with CABAL and GameGuard

problem

see this screenshot 1.jpg
    this happen after i login in the game
    what should i do?
    i have symantec endpoint protection and i put the folder game to the ignore list, but same error appears.

pls advise
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (53.4 KB, 21 views)

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    see this screenshot 1.jpg
    this happen after i login in the game
    what should i do?
    i have symantec endpoint protection and i put the folder game to the ignore list, but same error appears.

pls advise
    is your internet really slow? because that's what happens if it is. now about the person who said something about "window closes when I try to run CABAL", this could be your answer:

Set all of your anti-virus junk so it does not run on start up and restart you computer.
    Find the file named: "Cabal Main" within your CABAL Online (US) folder.
    Right click it and create a short-cut to the desktop. Close the folder.

Right click the short-cut and select "properties" at the bottom.
    You'll see the top line says: "Target" ["C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe"]
    *You're going to add "husky" to the end so it looks likes this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe" husky
    Now click "apply" and start Cabal using the shortcut. It will bypass the highlight screen and go directly to login.

*The exact Cabal will differ depending on your OS and where you extracted it to, but just add "(space)husky" to the end of the directory.
    If you are doing something wrong, it will deny your change so don't worry about screwing it up.

Also, if you do not have the latest Cabal update, you need to run Cabal normally (not with short-cut) and while anti-virus is off so you can
    download the lastest updates. If you aren't sure if your updates are current, run Cabal with the short-cut and it will let you now via a message
    saying: "Make sure you have the latest update" or something to that effect.

Kispersky is most infamous for this issue.
    Last edited by iNub; 09-26-2010 at 01:55 PM.

i hate how i use to be able to play cabal with no problems and now that it has gameguard it wont work AT ALL http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...creen-of-death has all the details. i really love this game but im getting so irritated with the gameguard > <

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    is your internet really slow? because that's what happens if it is. now about the person who said something about "window closes when I try to run CABAL", this could be your answer:

Set all of your anti-virus junk so it does not run on start up and restart you computer.
    Find the file named: "Cabal Main" within your CABAL Online (US) folder.
    Right click it and create a short-cut to the desktop. Close the folder.

Right click the short-cut and select "properties" at the bottom.
    You'll see the top line says: "Target" ["C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe"]
    *You're going to add "husky" to the end so it looks likes this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe" husky
    Now click "apply" and start Cabal using the shortcut. It will bypass the highlight screen and go directly to login.

*The exact Cabal will differ depending on your OS and where you extracted it to, but just add "(space)husky" to the end of the directory.
    If you are doing something wrong, it will deny your change so don't worry about screwing it up.

Also, if you do not have the latest Cabal update, you need to run Cabal normally (not with short-cut) and while anti-virus is off so you can
    download the lastest updates. If you aren't sure if your updates are current, run Cabal with the short-cut and it will let you now via a message
    saying: "Make sure you have the latest update" or something to that effect.

Kispersky is most infamous for this issue.
    Try this it's work for me!
    Ty iNub

Ehm u can add to that list AVG too , and you should fix this , cause is really annoying for us players to have those kind of issues , we practically have to stay antivirus free cause Cabal is very special towards them ....

"You just f***ed with the wrong Mexican."

McAfee should not be a problem any more.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/158985#158985

Its because Cabal uses a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ty packing program for their patches that is really good at hiding information.

ThreatFire is a really good program i use it and dont have any problems with the game and i can run it at startup and go into the game with no problems and i dont even have to add it to the ignore list either http://download.cnet.com/ThreatFire-...ml?tag=mncol;1

I agree AVG 2011 free edition is colliding with game guard. I only know how to disable it. I tried to put cabal on its exceptional list but it seems like i didn't not do it right. Can anyone guide me on how to set cabal files exceptional to the AVG program ? Pls have pictures if possible. Thanks. Best regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeliam View Post
    fixed my problem! My firewall was causing Game Guard to go off, so i switched. My firewall was ZoneAlarm for those who want to know.
    I have the same problem like yours. How do you go about doing that ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast