Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Known Anti-Virus applications that has problems with CABAL and GameGuard

>>>>>FIXING ''AVG ANTI VIRUS COLLIDING WITH THE GAME RUNNING FILES" ERROR<<<<<<

After going through all the pain. I've figured out how to fix the freezing screen error related to AVG anti virus program ( NOTE: this applies only to AVG users )
    Open AVG user interface >Tools > Advanced setting > Independent Protection > Allowed list > Click on "add" button
    A window will pops out> click on the " ..." button > go to the folder where you installed Cabal ( prob in your "C" driver) > Cabal Online > GameGuard > Make all files visible by choosing "all files" in the bar " files of types".
    choose one file that has tail ( .erl) and click open. Repeat the process until ALL those files( .erl) are added to your allowed list.Then finally click Apply or OK to finish.
    for extra cautions you can also add cabal client and cabalmain to your list.
    NOW Start Cabal again to check .
    I'd recommend you to defragment and clean all drivers before you do the process above. This'd help your computer run faster.
    Good Luck

could anyone help, i click start cabal and it doesnt work, i have microsoft secuirity essentials and malwar antibytes, please help me

Cabal is blocked by Norton 360, as well. We had to reinstall when I purchased a new pc for my kids at Christmas. It was blocked by Norton. We disabled Norton completely, reinstalled the client and cannot get Cabal to run on that pc. My bf keeps having an issue with GG, so, he uninstalled and reinstalled (w/ Norton disabled). Now, we have 2 pc's that cannot play Cabal!! What can we do to fix this issue?? Any suggestions????

Im getting a virus alert from AVG also but its the Cabal Online (NA - Global)\launcher\gateway\download.dll thats causing the issues its being flagged as a (Trojan horse Downloader.Agent2.ALZJ)

Quote Originally Posted by naishadh View Post
    have but all r off. still same error . when we click on start cabal. screen just diasppear.
    why does we have to make exception in anti-virus for the cabal? that is our protection before the maintenance/patch doesn't have any problem. maybe other's right there maybe have a virus or something it was based on what others said. and how can other plays even me something bothering me if i will remove the cabal on the anti virus maybe it will get in my laptop, like what others experienced other option is not play cabal anymore.

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Quote Originally Posted by naruyondaime View Post
    why does we have to make exception in anti-virus for the cabal? that is our protection before the maintenance/patch doesn't have any problem. maybe other's right there maybe have a virus or something it was based on what others said. and how can other plays even me something bothering me if i will remove the cabal on the anti virus maybe it will get in my laptop, like what others experienced other option is not play cabal anymore.
    It's not so much Cabal has a virus or trojan within it. In fact it is not Cabal at all, but GameGuard. Though GameGuard technically acts like a real trojan in how it monitors hardware and software even closing out programs and disabling macro mice and such. When Cabal starts, it calls in GameGuard as a child process with same privledges as the main Cabal program, most A/V heuristic AI's flag this as suspicious and thus you get these errors and such.

Personally, seeing as soon as they patch Cabal or GameGuard patches itself, within a week your bots and other "Macro" hackers are back spamming or botting areas, so with that in account, not gonna patrol the game channels, G.Ms need to just take GameGuard, Xtrap, and such and forget it as these monitoring programs are not effective without active G.M work to do the job properly. jmo though...

Retired
    Account Passed On

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345