Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Graphics Card

Quote Originally Posted by Mishon View Post
    I'm running the x4500 GMA chipset, sadly there is no way of upgrading them, thanks to integrated gfx card -.- but there are some modded drivers out there i run 50-60 constant fps with mines.
    What's a modded driver? And if the chipset is hardwired to the laptop does that mean I'd have to erase data in order to switch out parts and upgrade it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    What's a modded driver? And if the chipset is hardwired to the laptop does that mean I'd have to erase data in order to switch out parts and upgrade it?
    he said drivers not cards lol drivers are software..

whats ur computer model ...find it on the outside or back of the tower i need some specs to let u know if u can even get another vid card or else ur comp might just blow up.

when you buy a laptop u look for cpu and graphic card, everything else is upgradable. so now ur basicly stuck with ur cpu and graphic card on your laptop right now can go to best buy maybe geek squad install a new one, but why, it's gonna cost more then just buying a new laptop lol

The only way to replace a GPU on 99% of laptops is to replace the whole motherboard which would cost almost as much as a new laptop.

Also on the ATI vs nvidia issue. I've only been using ATI on all the computers I had. Currently have the HD 5870. I have to say next time I build a computer I'll probably go with nvidia. Sure their cards may not be as powerful as ATI, but what good is the extra power when you have crappy drivers and most of the games you play run better on nvidia? Also this GPU died on me just 4 months after I bought it, had to wait almost a full month before I got a replacement. Might have just been one faulty unit, but I guess I'll see how long this replacement lasts.

Ok, well thanks for you help guys. It was very much appreciated. It seems that I'm stuck with what I have for the moment though "/

cool

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234