Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skill Point Extract

I only have one piece of criticism, and it's only pointing out the obvious.
    Given this actually goes into effect in the future, it's going to wreck the economy....again. XD
    Depending on it's availability though.
    This idea as a whole is great, where it can be obtained is a big factor as well.
    My idea would be to have it available in the Item Shop, and have it's drop rate in-game much higher than the other Extracts, since the amount of points transferred is proportionally bigger than your skill alignment. Also, this wouldn't harm the economy as much, having it more available to players.
    If you have anything to add, or to remove, let me know. ^^
    I like working with your Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathlikeHowls View Post
    I only have one piece of criticism, and it's only pointing out the obvious.
    Given this actually goes into effect in the future, it's going to wreck the economy....again. XD
    Depending on it's availability though.
    This idea as a whole is great, where it can be obtained is a big factor as well.
    My idea would be to have it available in the Item Shop, and have it's drop rate in-game much higher than the other Extracts, since the amount of points transferred is proportionally bigger than your skill alignment. Also, this wouldn't harm the economy as much, having it more available to players.
    If you have anything to add, or to remove, let me know. ^^
    I like working with your Threads.
    I'm afraid the availability factor is not up to US though. If this plan does go into affect, the item(s)'s availability by drop rate or price in Item Shop and/or NPC shops will be completely up to the CABAL Online Staff. I'm not a member, so all I can do is offer my suggestions and try to gather support for these ideas.

I do support the notion that you are proposing, which is that to have a lighter effect on the game's economy the drop rate of the skill extracts should be relatively higher than those of the current extract potions(since those are cheap and easy to find anyway), and, if trade-able, sold cheaply. This would allow more flexibility in the process of each player's character build due to combo and levels of skills having a large affect on a character's performance in the combative aspects of the game.

This would also allow for the creation of new Formula Cards if the item becomes craft-able. Although, I'm not particularly keen on how much a move like that might affect the economy as it stands today. The reason being is because I am not too big on basic crafting, myself. I'm pretty sure that the price of a new Formula Card would be placed high for the first new days of its release and then dwindle down to a respectable amount, just like everything eventually does.

the crafting thing might be a bit iffy, some formula cards are a pain to farm, and people who have them want way too much for them, example, eppy of proof for lvl 5 and 6 basic craft runs 100 mill normally, unless you get lucky, and the one for lvl 7 is like 200k...you would think the drop rate for the higher level card would be much less than the lower level ones, but i have 4 formula cards for the lvl 7 craft eppy of proof, and have never gotten a lvl 5 one as a drop, i did however help a friend farm his for lvl 6, but it took us hours to get.

RedOsmium
    Supports.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

I dunno. I actually like having a shortage of skill points. It lends variance in builds and adds a little more thought as to what skills to use. Just my opinion though.

SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I dunno. I actually like having a shortage of skill points. It lends variance in builds and adds a little more thought as to what skills to use. Just my opinion though.
    but but but, what about all those pts you put into your favorite debuff ensign? what about blind? LOL
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

Ok. Now that's what I'm talking about, Tramier. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    @Enso - Hmm, I've never thought of it in that way. The limitation puts a bit of variety into the playing style of the game and forces each player to make a choice on how they wish to fight.. This is true... However, I believe your opinion is slightly more relevant to a discussion more focused on increasing the overall quantity of skill slots for the character to manipulate than it is for this idea of transferring skill points to improve their skills' performance and abilities.

Although I do agree that it somewhat eliminates a small degree of originality for different players among a character class by allowing them all to have an increased likely-hood of possessing the exact same levels on most of the same skills, the power of choice & the main fundamentals of building successful combos and setups have not been changed a bit to undermine variety. Even with extra skill points, it is up to each player to choose where to add them, and we can't simply add all of the skills available to us and max them out because we are all still bound by the limiting number of skill slots & total number of skill points awarded by maximizing both Transcender ranks: Swords and Magic.

I thank you for your opinion though, Enso. It was very much appreciated, and thanks for the support guys.
    Last edited by TWF; 08-01-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Shadow Titanium
    Definitely some great ideas in this thread.

Approved.

17x FB. LightLikeFeather. RIP.
    17x WA.Weierstrass. Venus. Deso.

I support it.

+9000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast