Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amp > CD

Shadow Titanium
    +7 20% dmg > +7 amp > +7 10% dmg > +6 amp.

Anything under +7 is junk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cstriker View Post
    Anything under +7 is junk.
    goes without saying...u always try to +7 your ideal weapon. oops, i also just said it. my bad.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    goes without saying...u always try to +7 your ideal weapon. oops, i also just said it. my bad.
    Some people think +6 Amp > +7 dmg.

Did you try some tests about it?
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianPat View Post
    Did you try some tests about it?
    K go make a FA and use 2 junk +6 amp orbs.

My Insights about Force Archer (out of experience and observations)
    They have good advantage on:
    -PK (player kill) With the furthest range combined with knockdown, skill dps, and heal abilities, FA’s are one of the hardest class you can face in pk. A user who play his cards right will vouch for this.
    -NW (nation war) Good player skills and gears, Ive seen FA’s in my server who topped one on nationwar. Tier 3 Mercury players know who these are.
    -Boss Hunt We saw them solo Derk, Penna, Quadra, Rota and even PLUMA! The power and speed of pewpew in full boar is just amazing.
    -Support Yeah yeah, other classes can give you different sorts of good buffs but without our heal those buffs are nothing especially on dungeon runs or CA.
    -Gears M.amped set for the FA class like the common osm battle are the cheapest osm gears of all the classes.

Two great disadvantages of FA are HP and DEFENSE. Even if you hit over 700 defense your FA will still be squishy unless you go +7 forcium set and hp rune, get above 3.5 hp and 800+ defense. If you cannot afford those stuffs then just accept this harsh truth about our class but don’t give up we have more pros than cons.

My ideal Equips:

Magic AMP on armors excluding the helm, as it has to be crit damage increase (deathblow).
    Crit DMG on orbs. (We should use orbs because it gives more base, magic attack than crystals) Levels below 115 shouldn’t be using m.amp, aqua, pherry, lapis or topaz orbs, believe me, its going to be hard selling them once you decide to move on to a higher class orb like forcium.

Good orbs:
    Forcium orb +6 crit dmge increase
    Forcium orb +7 crit dmge/magic amp increase
    +10 and above PC Pherystine orb of deathblow 36% cdi (should be extended to completely make up for the base loss)
    Forcium orb of amp +7 4% magic amp and 10% crit dmge increase on slot.
    Forcium orb of deathblow +6/7 8% rate and 10% crit damage on slot.

Perfect rare orbs:
    Perfect craft +7 and above Lapis/Topaz orb of deathblow 16% crit damage increase with slot/s.
    Forcium orb of deathblow 16% crit damage increase and 7% amp on slot
    Forcium orb of amp 14% magic amp increase

Bad orbs: (note that these orbs are not that bad and will ruin your ideal damage, but these are orbs I advice you not to waste money on.)
    Forcium orb 7% magic amp (they cost roughly 1 b while a +7 10% crit damage increase Forcium orb are worth 1b and more powerful. I’ve had FA friends who sold their +6 Forcium amp orbs and ended up selling them cheap than the original price. These orbs are money eaters and not worth it.)

Deathblow 30% or below crit dmge topaz, lapis, phery, aqua (these are for force bladers. Not good to buy for FA’s)

Amp 4% or below magic amp topaz, lapis, phery, aqua.

The ideal FA these days should be equipped with

-A 36% crit dmge increase DB helm.
    -A PC Amp suit +100 hp and 7% amp
    -7% amp gloves
    -+ 50 or +100 HP and 7% amp boots
    -EOS +7/8
    -Bracelet Of Sage +3 slotted or +6/7
    -Vampiric Earings +4 above (they add hp and help a lot with vamp gears during pve or boss solos)
    -rol +1 and crit rings +2 (I use 3 cr +2 on mine and 1 rol +1)
    -K- black Board ( +75 hp and crit rate 2%) / X-red board (+10 magic attack)
    -Amulet of Battler +8 (good for pvp) or Amulet of Pain +6 above
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-11-2010 at 07:44 PM.

AMP orb vs CRIT orb.

Given Skills:
    Critical Shot (Magic Skill amp 45%)
    +7 Forcium orb 7% Magic amp (m.attack 190) base/non crit = 60 crit = 65 higher than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase

Gravity Distortion (Magic Skill amp 80%)
    +7 Forcium orb 7% magic amp (m.attack 190) base/non crit = 60 higher damage than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase but crit = 73 lower damage than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase

Amp is very expensive though 1 orb is equivalent to the price of 2x 10% critical damage forcium orb +7's.

I agree with Csstriker, a forcium orb with an upgrade below +7 is junk. so if you'd go +6 get 2x 10% crit damage instead of the 1b amp ones btw its hard to sell the m.amp ones too since most wiz prefer phery orbs than forcium, atleast selling crit dmge forcy orb wont be hard since there are fb's who'll take interest.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 04-11-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Banned
    given the same +, there's a reason why m.amp is costlier than cdi.

if you continue on the spot-on comparison given by a prior poster:

+7 20% dmg > +7 amp > +7 10% dmg > +6 amp >+6 10% dmg
    so i don't see why a forci +6 cdi is a good orb for you while a forci+6 m.amp is bad.
    Unless, you are comparing apples and oranges, a +7 cdi and a +6 m.amp. Even your
    prices are way-off, a +6 amp is not anywhere near 1b. And a cdi worth 1b is definitetly
    a +7.

and remember, not everyone can afford those rare and even 'good' crafted forci orbs, and aop+6(?) you listed. Are you an ammy crafter by any chance? Those are ideal, yeah, but very costly. And for someone who will scrimp on costs of a m.amp vis-a-vis a cdi, you certainly suggest some very affordable and common stuff, do you?

Thing is: "ceteris paribus", and rare stuff shoved aside, having an m.amp orbs will optimize your skills ---- crit shot, ss, lances, shadow much better than cdi. Who the hell uses gd in pvp anyways? You didn't bother showing the rest of the vital skills? Bottomline, your end-game skills will take advantage of amp more than cdi which is based loosely on rate too.

All the rest of your pointers are fine; I agree but for those I mentioned above.

Shadow Titanium
    Well obviously +6 amp is better then +6 10% dmg, I thought it was a given. +7 Forc Orb Dmg goes from 800m-1b, although I've rarely seen it sell for 1b. +6 Forc Amp goes for around 500-800m, while +6 Forc Dmg goes for 200m. For the extra 300m (i'm being nice here) there is a minimal gain between the +6 amp and the +6 dmg. The only difference is in BM2, but besides that it would be better cost wise just to stick with +6 dmg orbs.

Also, your end game skills rely more on your base magic rather than amp, but having the amp helps too.

Banned
    40/7 topaz nuff said.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast