Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updater won't work

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Shadowkin, you have been thinking the right way; I'm pretty sure that the errors are on their computers, but you are just looking in the wrong place. I bet that the uninstaller left some corrupted odds and ends in their registry files, and that is what has been messing up the updater.

The fix is pretty simple. Just uninstall CABAL, delete all the files left over (Screenshots is optional. If you have something in there you want to keep, just put it in My Documents or toss it on your desktop. It won't hurt anything.) and then download this. No real reason for the specificness, it was just the first program that came up when I Googled. Also, it is the one that I personally tested for viruses. (My AV is top of the line, so no worries on that front.) All you need to do then is install the program, open it, go to the registry tab, check all boxes, and hit the "Scan for Issues" button. Once it is done scanning, instruct the program to fix all issues, reinstall CABAL, and start the updater. If I'm right, it will run again. If I am wrong, then your computer will boot faster.

~Sicon112
    Last edited by Sicon112; 08-24-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123