Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updater won't work

turn off your AV and try the updater. sometimes your AV doesnt allow the updater to work correctly because its a snake program.

also check your AV vault to see if it hasnt removed a .dll file used for the updater.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    turn off your AV and try the updater. sometimes your AV doesnt allow the updater to work correctly because its a snake program.

also check your AV vault to see if it hasnt removed a .dll file used for the updater.
    ahhh antivirus? they are all off and i tried =/ but how do you check av vault? for thjat .dll file?

Sorry for the late post(don't mean to be bumping old threads) but it seems like you haven't found a fix yet. I had the same problem but got it fixed.
    You need to run the game as an administrator. You may be the administrator of your computer, but some of your programs don't see it that way. Right click on the cabal icon and select run as administrator.
    ~hope this helped~
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkin8 View Post
    Sorry for the late post(don't mean to be bumping old threads) but it seems like you haven't found a fix yet. I had the same problem but got it fixed.
    You need to run the game as an administrator. You may be the administrator of your computer, but some of your programs don't see it that way. Right click on the cabal icon and select run as administrator.
    ~hope this helped~

yeah ive tried running it as administrator and it just doesnt pull through its been like 3 months since ive had this problem and it wont go away

Hm...You must be missing some files that are allowing you to update correctly. I'll post the full cabal folder and you'll have to manually go through and see if any of the files are missing
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

Hm...You must be missing some files that are allowing you to update correctly. I'll post the full cabal folder and you'll have to manually go through and see if any of the files are missing
    well i found out what i dont have; i dont have the screen shot folder the gamegaurd folder but i have the gamegaurd.des thing and im missing cabalmain.RPT and the jukebox files.

No gameguard folder? Thats odd. And you said you've already reinstalled and tried the "check files" button on the updater?
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

No gameguard folder? Thats odd. And you said you've already reinstalled and tried the "check files" button on the updater?
    yeah ive done everything but the thing is when the update thing pops up you arent able to clikc check files nothing is clickable besides the register button

Okay. I don't know if its against the rules to post files on the forums but i'll do it anyways cause it seems like your in a bind.
    Scan the files if you'd like, i just copied them from my cabal folder. Also change the cabal file to cabalmain.rpt and change the gameguard folder to GameGuard to prevent any other mishaps.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZP69EQFV
    ~Hope this helps. If not i'll stay up till almost 3am another night and try to figure it out xD~
    Oh yeah...if i get banned for posting that file i will find you in game(when you do get ingame) and pk you
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

u can delete the post if u want

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast