Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crit Rate VS. Crit DMG & finding the balance.

Crit Rate VS. Crit DMG & finding the balance.

I had an argument with a sFS that's trying to tell me 45% Rate is enough for a WA and then some Wiz trying to say a 15/24 Helm is garbage for a WA. Lmaoo. The wiz seem to be on his period and start flaming for no reason. Why so serious? Laahhh.

Okay.

Let's say a Warrior has these gears:

80% Osm GS
    x1 Megaph Ring
    x1 Rol+1 (Just because I highly doubt most WA's can get a rol+2)
    x2 CR+2
    AoP+6
    K Black Board
    Pet 2% Rated Enchanted

Would you go with A or B? Finding the balance between cost, cr, and cdi.

15/24 Helm = 49% Rate / 165% CDI
    7/40 Helm = 41% Rate / 181% CDI

or with x2 rol+2

15/24 Helm = 54% Rate / 165% CDI
    7/40 Helm = 46% Rate / 181% CDI

Now getting an 15/24 helm is much easier than a 7/40 helm. Keep that in mind too. This is in no way an end-game build but what would you go with?

I would say 15/24 takes the win. Seriously. And it's much cheaper to get rate in a helm than let's say.. an OSM GS 20% or 32% craft..

Continue the discussion as ya wish.

all you need is 40% rate really..anymore is to cover for people who got -resist rate, if its "end game" then 7/40 is it. >.>
    16x WA Capella - Retired
    You can just call me amazing

Shadow Titanium
    40/7 is better, think about it if u could afford a 40/7 cant u afford a rol+2 that is prob 3x less than the price of the 40/7 (3bil + SEH=4b) (rol+2 =2b)

I think it's depends on what kind of situation, I think that WI is like a war or dungeon build WI. If you talking about war, honestly you dun really need rate because aura gives ur crit rate and LW gives u crit rate too. In war I will go to crit dmg all time, and this is my build.

15% from meg ring, 10% from orb, 7% from my helm, 5% base, 2% from board and 2% from pet= total is 41% rate
    24% from 1orb and other 40% orb, 45% from cr2x3, 34% from helm, 20% base, 5% from aop+5, and 2% from pet= 170% dmg

But at pvp I will prefer go as high as rate as you can, I will rather change the cr+2 to rol+1 for more crit, even how high dmg u have if u dun crit that's still pointless, that's my own opinion.
    About pve or dungeon, I guess around 44-46% is already good enuff, cos in some high lv dungeon, most of the time you got a FB or a WA theren to panic or HL it, so it's not really big deal. XD

If you ask me about overall, I will go for a better GS in ur cast, rate in slot GS is 14% rate and for get to mention that. 62/14 or 68/14 already cover the crit rate problem.
    14%+15% (meg ring)+ 10% rol+1+ 5%base+ 2% K black+ 2%pet (from what u mention at post)= 48%rate
    I think that's better then u take a 24/15 helm. also u will have decent crit dmg, why not that about that? =D

Banned
    Crit damage is useless without the rate to successfully utilize it

Going 54% rate / 165% cd and you'll do more damage in a shorter period of time for pve and NW because you will crit more,but won't crit as hard for pvp's

Going 46% rate / 181% cd and you'll have stronger crits for pvp's,but you'll crit less

so it all depends on what you do the most in the game...if you just pvp all day long then go 48 rate,pve and NW all day,then go 54%
    Last edited by Rastan; 08-12-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post

Going 54% rate / 165% cd and you'll do more damage in a shorter period of time for pve and NW because you will crit more,but won't crit as hard for pvp's

Going 46% rate / 181% cd and you'll have stronger crits for pvp's,but you'll crit less

so it all depends on what you do the most in the game...if you just pvp all day long then go 48 rate,pve and NW all day,then go 54%
    for war u are go as high as dmg u can get.... especially if u are 170 when u aura gives u 19%rate and u get 15% rate from aura, so crit rate is no big deal in war

Banned
    imo that 46% rate 181% dmg is enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiFaye View Post
    for war u are go as high as dmg u can get.... especially if u are 170 when u aura gives u 19%rate and u get 15% rate from aura, so crit rate is no big deal in war

SIGMetal
    if u cannot get a rate in slot for weapon then go for the 15/24 otherwise get the 7/40

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    I already mention that already... check my first post first and check what did I say, in war if u wanna score high u are suppose aura every single sec except it's on cd

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast