Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal Installer Issue

Cabal Installer Issue

Hello, I just downloaded in an hour or so Cabal Online, and for some reason whenever I double click or even click the file itself my windows explorer freezes so i cant delete or even run it. I need you help. Please advice. FYI: I am running Windows Vista 32-bit and downloaded it using Google Chrome if these minor things should help.

Lemme get this straight...you installed it and cant run the game or cant run the installer?
    If you have the game installed try running as administrator. It sounds as if your antivirus is going incredible hulk on cabal. If this doesn't work uninstall and use a different browser to download again.

If you cant run the installer then try downloading with a different browser. Plenty of people tell me chrome isn't good for downloading games. Try firefox(i use that)

~hope this helped~
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

No, I haven't installed it, nor can I click it. Whenever I click on it my Windows Explorer freezes and I need to restart it if the logo never shows up, plus the computer LAGS like crazy. When you click on it once, you have to wait for atleast 10 minutes for Cabal's Icon to show ( the "C" thingy ) then when you press enter or run the program it permanently freezes. I had to do a system restore to erase it from my hard drive, and it gave me 7 viruses when I scanned it. I think the direct download client is corrupt. Actually no, it IS corrupt. And to make sure, I downloaded it / gave it a shot thrice. And on the last run after erasing all the viruses, it popped up again after the completion of the download. I don't think the Google Chrome thing has any connections on it though because on the last try I used Firefox and the same result happened anyway.
    Last edited by Armament; 08-15-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Banned
    I see 3 problems right up front

1. your using vista 32-bit
    2. your using chrome
    3. you aren't installing in safe mode

d/l the client,then restart in safe mode and install in safe mode,then reboot yur pc normally,if there's any more problems then idk what to tell you
    Last edited by Rastan; 08-15-2010 at 05:25 PM.

1.) I played Cabal a year ago using vista 32 and didn't have any problems with installing/playing it at all. I am actually a supposed to be returning player from Ogplanet's version so could you please explain why would this be an issue?

2.) I stated before that I also used Firefox on the last try, and did that with uninstalling Google Chrome while I'm at it.

3.) That might work and all, but I've done a system restore and the installer isn't on my hard drive anymore. Anyways, why does the installation need to be done like that? Shouldn't it be just like any other normal installation anyhow? Last year when I played the game I downloaded the full client and installed it like a breeze. I'm sure there's something else to it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armament View Post
    I'm sure there's something else to it.
    it's called gameguard...and vista is still garbage

Would Windows 7 be any better? And yeah, I read around the forums that ever since the transition the new guys are making a big mess and they're not really keeping up with the fixes so I guess I'm not coming back anymore. I'll try to install it in my laptop but if the same thing happens as this would definitely be my last try I'm out. Really disappointing.
    Last edited by Armament; 08-16-2010 at 09:54 AM.

The cabal direct download file is not corrupt. I just re-downloaded it to be sure. It might be another file giving you these viruses and not allowing cabal to run. If you do not have cabal installed atm, run your antivirus or do a reformat(i can help you with that if you'd like). After you have cleared your computer of viruses make sure you have the minimum ram requirements to run the game. Try running again.

Yes windows 7 is beast.
    Don't leave just because you don't like the company...
    ~keep posting so we can help ya ~
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"