Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Current ID already transferred" Error? Here is an explanation.

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.

"Current ID already transferred" Error? Here is an explanation.

For all of you who, like myself, attempted to transfer their accounts from OGP to ESTsoft, only to be told that they had already been transferred, here is, as far as I can tell, what is going on.

Bad news first. Your account has been hacked, mate. Your characters and hard work are likely now transferred to some account with a gibberish name. Some examples of this are dog*** and fhe854***. Now the good news. You can get at least some of your stuff back. Here is how.

Step One: If you haven't already, go to the transfer screen and hit the 'Give Up' button. Make sure your account has also been activated via e-mail.

Step Two: Go to the help desk on the main site and open a new ticket. Enter the subject as "Account Transfer Issues" or something similar, and select category "Account Issues" and subcategory "Lost Account". When you write the ticket, remember to be polite as you explain your situation. Then, give names and levels of every character on your account that you can remember, as exactly as possible. Don't worry if you can't remember the exact level; if you can get it within a level or two, it is alright. Also, it's alright if you have forgotten the name of some newbie character that you only ever used as a mule. Just as long as you know that he is there, and that he is not leveled, it's OK. This data will aid the Support Team in both finding your characters and in proving that you own the account in question.

Step Three: Once that is done, open up 'My Computer', open your local disk drive, program files, then find the location of your CABAL files. Since you had an account before the move to ESTsoft, your CABAL files will be in the OGP folder. (C:/Program Files/OGPlanet/CABAL Online) Once you have opened your CABAL folder, find the folder titled screen shots and open it. Look through it and pick a picture of every character that you have one for, then attach them to the ticket. If you still have more attachment space (There is a maximum amount of five attachments per ticket) then use it up with pictures of the same characters at different levels. Try and get pictures of a character at both the lowest level you have a picture of, and the highest. This also helps you prove your ownership.

Step Four: Send off the ticket and wait for a reply. It should come pretty fast, but if it doesn't, the one thing that you should NOT do is send multiple tickets. That will only make them wait longer to answer your ticket. When they do answer, they will inform you that your characters have been transferred to another account by someone else. The name will be random gibberish, like the examples above. They will usually say that they are willing to give you back your characters with default items, and they are going to investigate further. They will tell you that they will e-mail you when they have transferred your characters. Now, at this point, the best idea is to just wait for an e-mail, but if you have a pressing question, such as whether or not they will replace Astro items you had if you give them proof of purchase, you can send another ticket.

Final Step: Wait. (If you sent another ticket as mentioned above, you will probably get a response back saying that they have further investigated your claims, and have decided that you must be the true owner of the account, and thus will give you your account and all the items that it has back. Otherwise I assume that they will inform you of that via e-mail when they notify you of the transfer.)

There are a few more pieces of bad news to go though. First, as in any hacked account situation, you may be lacking a few items or some money that you had previously. There is no way for the Support Team to get this back for you.

Second, the system to transfer characters from one account to another is still in construction. That means that you won't be getting your characters back yet. They have assured me that they are working on it though, so you can expect to see it soon.

In the meantime, I suggest creating a secondary account to pass the time. Besides, if the hackers stole all your money, this way you will have at least an amount to get started with.

See you out there!

~Sicon112

EDIT: Hurrah! I have just received the promised e-mail! The character transfer system is now complete! Exact instructions will be provided to you by the help desk, but you will need to create a new account, though you create it slightly differently from normal. After it is complete, the Support Team will transfer your characters to it on the next scheduled maintenance. See you guys around! (I finnaly can buy that new trans skill!)
    Last edited by Sicon112; 09-14-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Gms please sticky this!
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

Titanium
    Yay, this thread needed a bump lol. With our mad rush to beat each other in answering questions we sorta pushed it pretty far down.

And thanks for saying that. I tried to make it useful.

~Sicon112

Fight to the death in helping people xD

*bumpage*
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

Bump until gms sticky...
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

Titanium
    lol

Titanium
    Hey, since we are not really doing anything on this thread, I will say this here. I wandered into the "Anything Else" subsection of the Q&A section, and found a bunch of people posting tech support problems there too. If you get a spare moment, take a look. The section isn't very active, so I am trying to get them to come here by linking them here in my solutions and creating threads say to go here. Just thought I would let you know that you should keep an eye on it.

~Sicon112

P.S. Go to my profile and check my occupation. lol

Oh rlly? Thats interesting. I'll make sure to troll my butt over there soon.
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

ROFL just read it xD! We are unofficially official now!!!
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

bump
    Mercury
    Ch.14