Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: T_T cant download cabal

T_T cant download cabal

ehhhh just tryed to log on today and at first it said failed to download try again later thing then tryed some stuffz like check files (nothing happened when i pressed it -.-) , redownloading from previous cabal set up file , system restore to a few days back when it was working fine , etc but i belive all i need to do is redownload it from the "Full client" file from the website only problem is when i go to click it says internet connection cannot display the webpage meanwhile im doing other stuff on the internet so.... need some help please respond D:

iPokemon - Venus 155 WI
    Guild - Neurosis

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Try unplugging your modem/router for about five minutes, then test it and see if you get the same message. If you do, keep posting and Shadowkin and I will start brainstorming. If it persists, attach a screen shot of the error to your post.

~Sicon112

Titanium
    Hey, something just occurred to me! The problem you are having wouldn't be the one talked about here would it? If it is, here is a copy of my solution to that.

Shadowkin, you have been thinking the right way; I'm pretty sure that the errors are on their computers, but you are just looking in the wrong place. I bet that the uninstaller left some corrupted odds and ends in their registry files, and that is what has been messing up the updater.

The fix is pretty simple. Just uninstall CABAL, delete all the files left over ("Screenshots" is optional. If you have something in there you want to keep, just put it in My Documents or toss it on your desktop. It won't hurt anything.) and then download this. No real reason for the specificness, it was just the first program that came up when I Googled. Also, it is the one that I personally tested for viruses. (My AV is top of the line, so no worries on that front.) All you need to do then is install the program, open it, go to the registry tab, check all boxes, and hit the "Scan for Issues" button. Once it is done scanning, instruct the program to fix all issues, reinstall CABAL, and start the updater. If I'm right, it will run again. If I am wrong, then your computer will boot faster.

~Sicon112
    Just do that and it ought to fix the issue.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Titanium
    Another possibility is that you got caught in the server outage earlier today. Try to play again, because the update server just now started working again.

~Sicon112

Post here if it works or not so we know
    It should though because Sicon's IQ is OVER 9000!!!
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

Titanium
    lol